Pages

Categories

9 February 2017

What's Always In My Make Up Bag? My Holy Grail Make Up Products





Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well. Today I have just had a very chilled day eating food and watching films. If you have Sky they have recently added a Valentine's section in there and I have been thoroughly enjoying watching movies from there. I watched 'When Harry Met Sally' earlier for, believe it or not, the first time ever and I absolutely love it. Meg Ryan is just amazing! As I'm off from work until Monday I am definitely going to be enjoying watching films pretty much daily. I'm also in the middle of applying for a job at the moment to move on upwards in the field I am in and I have never been so nervous and scared for anything in my entire life but I am thinking super positive and I've had good feedback so far so fingers crossed. Anyway, back to the point of this post. Today I thought I'd talk to you all about what is always in my make up bag. I don't think I have ever really done a post like this before. I talk about beauty a lot but my beauty posts are always leaning more to skincare than actual make up products so I thought it would be nice to share with you all today what I keep in there on a daily basis. As my lighting is so rubbish at the moment and the products I use are really in not the best of condition I didn't really want to photograph them but this is the make up bag I use. How cute is it? I can't remember where I got it from but it's super cute and I absolutely love it although I do have to be careful because having a white make up bag and dark foundation really isn't the best combination. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this post.


Make Up Tools 
When it comes to make up brushes I am really not fussy. As long as it applies make up on my face well I really don't care what I use, however some of my absolute favorite brushes are definitely the real technique brushes. My top three favorites are the powder brush which is just incredible for applying powder (obviously!), the buffing brush which is just incredible for applying concealer and the contour brush which I'm not going to lie I don't actually use for contouring. I prefer to use this brush for applying and blending in concealer as I just feel like the brush fits really well in the under eye area and just leaves a really flawless looking finish. It's probably my favorite brush from the entire real techniques collection and I absolutely love it. If you haven't tried the real techniques brushes but are looking for one to try then I'd highly recommend trying this brush. The brush isn't available on it's own but if you are interested in the brush then head on over HERE where you can purchase the core collection range for £16.75. Such a good deal. 

Foundations 
Even though it may seem a bit excessive I keep three foundations in my make up bag. Hey, a girl has to have her options right? Anyway, the first foundation I keep in my make up bag is the Nars Sheer Glow foundation in the shade Barcelona. I have been talking about this on my blog a lot recently so I'm sure you all know how much I love it. The last bottle I bought I used pretty much every day and I regret it as it was something I was hoping to keep for special occasions. That didn't go to well. If you're after a full coverage dewy but not too dewy foundation then this is definitely one for you. I've done a little mini/fuller review HERE if you are interested in finding out more about it. Another foundation I am absolutely obsessed with is the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in the shade 400 which is Natural Beige and it's just incredible. Again, its a medium to full coverage foundation, slightly dewy and super long lasting. I have done a full review on this product which can be found HERE. For the days where I don't feel like making much of an effort or if I have a short shift at work or if work is the only place I'm going to that day I will keep the bare minimum on my face. The foundation I use for these kinds of days is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. It's my favorite high street foundation. It's really lightweight, gives a decent amount of coverage and just makes the skin look really natural. Again as you can probably already tell I like a fairly dewy finish and this foundation definitely gives that. I have done a full review again of this foundation over HERE, however this review is practically 4 years old now so if you would like me to do an updated one then please let me know below. 

Concealers 
I am very picky when it comes to concealers. I hate powder or cream ones. I definitely prefer liquid concealers. Like with foundations I keep three concealers in my make up back. The first one is just the standard beauty blogger favorite and that is the collection lasting perfection concealer. Oh my god this stuff is absolutely amazing for hiding any spots and blemishes you may have. It is just insane and it is incredibly cheap and cheerful as well. I have done a review HERE but like with the last foundation I spoke about above it's quite old so I may do an updated one soon. One of my recent additions to my make up bag and definitely a firm favorite in general now is definitely the Nars Radiant Cream Concealer. I think this is the best under eye concealer I have ever used. I use the shade biscuit and it really compliments my skin tone really well. Due to it's peach undertones it's just perfect for correcting my horrible under-eye circles. I absolutely love it. Click on the link I posted about the nars foundation to read more about this concealer. My final favorite concealer is the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer. I love anything that can brighten up my under eye area as due to my awful sleeping pattern I always end up with dark circles but this just helps so much. I've not really done a full blog post about this product but I have spoken about it briefly HERE. It is just an amazing little product. 

Powders & Blushers 
Throughout 2016 I only used one powder because it was just amazing and I didn't really want to purchase anything else because I knew I'd come back to this one and that was the Rimmel stay matte powder. This stuff is absolutely incredible. I wear the shade 5 which is silky beige and it's just absolutely amazing. I think this is just perfect for getting rid of any shiny bits on your face throughout the day and if you want a really matte finish this just ticks all the boxes. I won't go too much into detail here as I have done a full review HERE. My favorite blush is definitely the Sleek Pink Lemonade By 3 Blush. I absolutely love this palette. It consists of three blushes, two powder and one cream and I just love the finish they leave on the skin. If you're interested I have done a full review HERE. I also use the rose gold sleek blush as well which is pretty much the exact dupe of Nars Orgasm so if you use nars orgasm then I'm sure you know what it is like so I won't go into too much detail but it is just the perfect every day blush. 

Eye Palettes 
The only eye palette I use is the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. It is just absolutely beautiful and the main reason I think I love the palette so much is not only is the packaging beautiful but it's the only palette I have where I have used every single color. They are all wearable, extremely blendable and all compliment my skin tone extremely well. If you haven't used this palette yet I would highly recommend it. I have done a full review complete with swatches HERE, so if you are interested I'd definitely recommend heading on over to have a look. It's definitely a palette every beauty lover should have.

Lip Products 
I have saved my favorite section to last and that is my favorite lip products. There are a number of lip products I use however my top 4 favorites are the ones I'll briefly speak about here. When it comes to lipstick my favorite ever one has got to be MAC's New York Apple. It's just a really beautiful berry shade that's perfect for every day. Full review HERE. Another slightly more expensive lip product that is amazing is the Clarins Lip Oil. I bought this in duty free when I was coming back from Mauritius in July last year and I absolutely love it. It's so moisturizing and really does wonders on my lips. Full review HERE. Before Christmas I bought the ever so popular Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream as well which is just incredible. It's such a multi-use product that it doesn't just have to be for your lips, it can be for your cuticles, can be used to shape eyebrows, can be used as a mask on long flights, can be used for anything it's just amazing. I'll be posting a review about it soon. My final lip product that I keep in my make up bag is my Nuxe Rev De Miel lip balm. Again this stuff is absolutely incredible and the fact it smells like honey is just an added bonus. It's perfect for using on last thing at night as you wake up the next morning with your lips looking and feeling super moisturised. I have about three of these in total. It's just amazing. Full review HERE

So that's all the products I keep in my make up bag. I'm not the kind of person who highlights or contours as in all honesty I just really cannot be bothered. I'm more of a skincare person than a make up person anyway and I only really wear make up when I am out or for work but I do carry a lot with me when I wear it as you can see from this post. If you know any good highlight or contour products that will make me fall in love with the whole make up process then be sure to let me know in the comments below. I hope you enjoyed having a sneak peak into what is in my make up bag. Do you keep any of these products in your own make up bag? 

What do you keep in your own make up bag? 
Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign