Pages

Categories

17 January 2017

Seven Little Ways To Save Money In 2017





Hey Everyone! So today I am back with a new post all about how you can save money in 2017. This year there are so many things I want to do like travel more, experience more things in London, do more things with friends, however in order for the majority of that to happen I obviously need money as we've all heard of that saying nothing in life is free. New York in May is already booked however I need to pay it off monthly I started doing a lot of these things last year and I'm going to try and improve and do more things this year. I just think it's getting to that point in my life now where saving money is so mega important and I definitely need to make more of an effort to save especially as I am wanting to move out by this time next year so who knows what will happen. Anyway, enough rambling, here are my top tips of how to save money throughout 2017.

Set A Goal
I find setting a goal one of the best ways to save up for money especially if it's something you really want to do or a place you really want to go to. I just think it's incredibly motivational. At the moment I need to save up money for New York in May and I also want to save up to get my own place as well. I've already been saving up for this but obviously need to keep at it if not I won't ever move out. Obviously you don't have to save up for things as extravagant as this. Maybe you just want to save money to go on a huge shopping trip for your birthday or a theater trip or day out with your friends. Whatever you're saving for I believe setting a goal will help you get there.

Leave The Card At Home & Just Take Cash 
Draw out a certain amount of cash and leave the card at home. I know a lot of people these days now have their card on their phones which I personally do not understand but it's not something I've done. I think for going on a night out especially we all tend to overspend so I think drawing out a certain amount of money will help you stick to that budget.

Budget Monthly 
Another method I've found works incredibly well for me is budgeting. You can get phone apps and diaries that can help with this. I personally find having a section in my bullet journal helps as it's all in one place and I can keep track of it. I love it. It's a good way of tracking all your monthly expenses like food, phone bill, gym membership, travel etc. That way you know what you need to keep and what you have left over in order to spend on other luxuries or even what to transfer to a savings account. It's just a super ideal way.

Look For Discounts/Promotions 
I am not one for sale shopping at all as I find sales to be really messy and it's always the most rubbish items that tend to be on sale however what I do do is look for discounts and promotions. I've signed up to all my favorite brands newsletters and I'm always receiving emails offering 20% off or free delivery and even though it doesn't sound a lot you'd be surprised at how much you can actually save. I also find using websites and apps such as groupon handy as there's always little vouchers for food places or offering discounts on different products. If you're a student then Unidays is such a fantastic little website.  All these little things really do make a huge difference even though it may not seem it at the time.

Walk More
Living in London means that I get the tube an awful lot and it's not something I particularly enjoy as a, tfl is so unreliable and b, it costs a fortune to get from point a to point b sometimes so what I've started to do now is walk more. If I'm going to Central London I'll head to say Leicester Square but if I was going somewhere else in London instead of jumping back on the tube I'll just walk there instead. London is big but its so easy to get around and you can always use the navigation app on your phone to help you. Not only will you be saving money but you could also come across sites and other places that you've not seen before.

Spend More Time In The Kitchen 
We all love going out to restaurants and treating ourselves to a chinese or cheeky nandos (yes I did just say cheeky nandos) here and there. However with the help of some amazing cookbooks and even the internet you'd be surprised at how much of this amazing food we can actually replicate in the comforts of our own home. There are some amazing recipes online and some amazing cookbooks with such simple but incredible tasty recipes. Not only will you be saving a ton of money but you'll also be improving your culinary skills. Win Win!

Blogging Doesn't Require Money 
One for all your bloggers out there who struggle due to lack of funds. When I first started blogging I always thought it meant money will have to be spent but it's so untrue. There are so many different things you can blog about that cost absolutely no money at all for example outfit of the day, what's in my bag, favorite make up products, room tours etc. I did a post containing 50 different blog post ideas that are all inexpensive and require no money at all so if you haven't checked that out yet make sure to click HERE to head on over and have a read. It's one of my most popular posts yet so I really do think it'll help you!


So there are just a few little ways you can end the year with a bit more cash in your wallet and bank account. I hope this post has helped and given you a few ideas of how you can become a bit less spendy and save more money. Be sure to leave a comment below letting me know which of these tips you think will help you the most.

What are some ways you save money? 
Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign