Pages

Categories

30 January 2017

Little Ways I Will Be Healthier In 2017


Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well. Can you believe that we have reached the end of January? 2017 you are already going way to fast for my liking. All though I will admit it has felt like the longest month as well as I haven't been able to do a lot due to work taking up most of my time and also being so incredibly poor, like I'm sure a lot of others out there but finally everything is back on track now. Anyway, today I thought that I would I do a post all about a few ways I will be a little bit healthier in 2017. Not going to lie I do have more bad days than I should and as I'm writing this I have just finished disposing of my Dominoes. Oops. Hey, I've been working the whole weekend, I have a reason to ha. Anyway, enough of that rambling, hope you enjoy this post about my fitness and health goals for 2017.

Eating Breakfast 
Yes I am one of those people who doesn't eat breakfast in the mornings. This is purely because the thought of food so early in the morning really does make me feel sick. However I've realised that it's actually pretty unhealthy to not eat breakfast as it does give you the energy you need to get through the day until lunch time. Since I've started to eat breakfast I've become a lot less groggy, tired and grumpy. I have a lot more energy and genuinely feel so much better now which is definitely so important especially as I work in a job that deals with customers. I recently bought some cereals from Rude Health which is a brand I first tried in early 2016 and I absolutely love it. I've also started to use different types of milk such as coconut almond milk or just pure almond milk as not only is it healthier but it's also extremely tasty as well. I've also been getting into porridge lately as well. Since it's been super cold recently this is the perfect hearty breakfast as not only is it also delicious but it's super tasty as well. 

Drink More Water 
Drinking more water is definitely something that I've been enjoying lately. There's nothing I love more then a fresh cold glass of water. It's just super refreshing and I feel so good after. I'm not going to lie here. I was a little bit obsessed with juices and fizzy drinks and now I realise just how much damage I was doing to my body. I still have a sprite or irn bru every now and again but I mainly stick to water now and I've noticed such a difference to my body, hair and skin. Everything just seems so much healthier.

Take More Classes 
I don't do the gym. I find booking and actually paying for classes works a lot better than going to the gym whenever you're up for it. I need something to push and motivate me more and I find taking classes is doing just that. Some classes that I am loving doing at the moment is spinning classes. I am enjoying them immensely and really feel them working. I am really enjoying zumba at the moment as well. 

Take More Steps 
One thing I am going to invest in later on this year is a fit-bit to track how many steps I take during the day. At the moment I track this by using an app called pacer on my phone which is pretty fab but also uses up a lot of battery so I am definitely going to use a fitbit later on in the year. Since I don't drive I tend to walk a lot anyway as I pretty much hate public transport and only really use it for work and travelling to central London but I think this will be a great motivator for me to ensure that I am walking and doing as much exercise as I should be doing throughout each day. 

Incorporate More Fruits and Vegetables In My Diet 
I eat fruit and vegetables anyway because I absolutely love it however I tend to get off track a little, for example it's just so much easier to get a meal deal from Boots at work instead of taking my own lunch into work and making my bag weigh a ton however recently I have been making my own lunch and adding certain things like grapes, cherry tomatoes, mango chunks and other such delicious fruits and vegetables into my diet. I think adding more fruits and veggies will also help satisfied after a meal and will also help me feel a lot fuller as well. I find meal prepping definitely helps with this as you can plan in advance what you want in your meals. 

Go Jogging
We all know gyms can be pretty expensive even certain classes so for times where I am a bit strapped for cash I will go jogging. I am always self conscious when I go though as I always think people are staring at me and laughing at me when let's be honest that really isn't the case at all. I've started to go in the evenings rather than early in the morning as funnily enough that is when I feel my most active but I love it. There is a massive park in my house and I love jogging through it as everything is just so green and spacious. There is also a basket ball court there as well which I used to go to with a few friends in the summer time which was always good fun. Maybe that can be another thing to add as well. I love basketball. 

So there are just a few small lifestyle and fitness changes I've made to my life recently and will continue to make through the year. I find that so far these have all really worked. I know that continuing with these changes will help me feel a lot less tired, miserably, heavy and hopefully I'll end up feeling happier, more energetic and motivated as well. I look forward to not looking back and looking and feeling a lot more healthier. If you have done any of these things below then leave me a comment below on how you've found them. 

What are some healthier changes you'll be making or heave already made in 2017? 
Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign