Pages

Categories

28 January 2017

22 Things Only Us Bloggers Can Understand


Hey Everyone! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. As you read this I currently in the middle of a 15 hour shift at work. I know. What is wrong with me? I am absolutely exhausted but I love my job so I guess that's all that matters. I've got a few days off coming up soon as well where I am going to be seeing friends and having a good time at the beginning of February so I am very excited for that. Anyway, today I thought I'd do a little light hearted post all about blogging and the things that only us bloggers understand whilst the rest of the world just sits or stands there scratching their heads. It is a quite humorous post so I hope you enjoy it.

1. Going to an event or out to a beautiful place and not having your camera to take photos and blog about it. Like why am I even here then?

2. The struggle for the perfect selfie/outfit shot. Yes us bloggers will pose in pretty much every position you can think of which can cause injury until we are completely satisfied.

3. When people ask you what a blog is. 'So you write about make up online'. Yes. 'And people actually read it. 'Yes'. 'Why?'....And that's when the problem starts. 'Because people prefer to hear honest opinions from people who buy the products rather than read magazines where people are paid to big up a product even though it may be rubbish'. But why do we still have magazines then. Question after question after question sometimes every single day! It can become quite exhausting.

4. Getting the perfect instagrammable meal at a restaurant and trying to take the perfect shot or the perfect cup of coffee and having to post it to every form of social media before actually eating or drinking it at which point it's normally cold and puts us in a bad mood for the rest of the day even though well...it was our own fault.

5. Putting on an awesome outfit that looks great when you look in the mirror but poo when you're actually trying to take photos of yourself in it. Why...just why?!

6. When you post something to instagram and other people start coming and having a random conversation about it...in another language! Good thing instagram now has a translate button, if not you'd be like huh??

7. Waking up early on a day where it is a beautiful day and there is perfect lighting. Yay for being able to take hundreds of pictures for my blog in advance! Good light in the UK is definitely a rare thing, especially in Winter, and dear god has this winter been an awful one!

8. Having people secretly think you're vain because you take hundreds of selfies of yourself and post them onto the internet! I didn't look the same last week as I do today okay?!

9. Having the postman actually know you by name and when you're in due to the amount of packages you receive throughout the week....erm....oops? I don't have a shopping addiction I promise!

10. When you hit a new milestone on bloglovin and get super happy that people automatically think you're in it to gain fame! No! But having almost 2000 people read my blog and are actually interested in what I have to say about different things is pretty damn amazing thank you very much! Go and be an unwanted rain cloud elsewhere please and thank you!

11. Struggling with writers block every day all day and then suddenly having a billion ideas enter your head at once at like 1AM. Well I guess I won't be sleeping tonight!

12. Getting emails from PR companies wanting you to trial and test their latest ironing board because it 'fits in with the theme of your blog'. Yes an ironing bored definitely fits in with a lifestyle and beauty blog. Recently I've also been getting emails to trial and test dyson hoovers. Seriously?

13. Always getting worried about promoting your blog on social media as you're constantly in fear of being known as the 'spammer'. I promise you I'm not, I just have a new post that I would like people to read.

14. Having at least a dozen posts saved in drafts that have been there for months because you just do not know how to word them properly or are in constant fear of getting judged because you've chosen to talk about a topic that's not seen much on the blogosphere.

15. Taking a million photos for a post, going to edit them and seeing that only one has come out decent. Seriously??

16. Shopping purely for the purpose of blogging is definitely a thing. I don't just mean products to blog about either. Those flowers will look lovely propped up in the background of a photo. Ohh that marble wallpaper looks amazing. Gotta have that rose gold/copper candle holder.

17. You start to call other bloggers you've never met but have a good relationship online with your friends because they do not judge you and have very similar outlooks and interests as you. Yay for team internet.

18. Blogging is constantly on your mind. It's literally a 24/7 thing something that's quite hard to switch off from no matter how hard we try even if it is just a hobby and not a full time job. Or is that just me?

19. Portable phone chargers become a must have item purely because of the amount of times us bloggers spend taking blog photos, reading other blogs on the go, tweeting, instagramming and other things that make us seem like we have an addiction to the social media world.

20. You forget what having a to of phone memory is due to never having any space for anything thanks to trying to perfect that instagram shot. Oops.

21. Getting constant emails referring to you as anything other than your actual name. Recently I've been called Claire, Danielle (at least they got my middle name I guess) etc. Where do these companies come from?

22. Blogging will become a place you can go to when you're feeling down. You will meet so many new people with the same interests as you who will want to speak to you about different things and not judge you. I have come across and met so many amazing people since I started blogging an I wouldn't change it for the world.

I really hope you enjoyed this post. Thinking about a lot of these things whilst writing them definitely made me chuckle a couple of times. I know some of these things can get a tad frustrating at times but all things do in life at some point. All in all I absolutely love blogging and it's become such a huge part of my life that I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I feel lucky to be apart of it. What are some other things you can think of that bloggers can understand.

Can you relate to any of the points above? 
Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign