Pages

Categories

4 December 2016

Blogmas Day 4 | A Few Things I'm Thankful For This Christmas




Hey guy! So today I am back with a bit of a different post for you all. Currently I am sat on my sofa watching the news and I am hearing about the terrible flooding that has happened in a place called Islington in London due to a burst water main. So many homes have been affected and it makes me so sad to think that these people will be affected for a long time including Christmas. It got me thinking about the things I have and how grateful I am at the moment so I thought I would do a post all about the things that I am grateful for. I hope you enjoy it.

Friends and Family: Christmas isn't just about presents and I think a lot of us forget that. We get so caught up in fussing over what to get our loved ones that we forget the most important thing is showing them how much they are appreciated and are loved. I'm not a person that is good an expressing my feelings ever. I never tell anyone how I feel as I'm scared of the reaction however when it comes to my closest friends and family I tend to show them more how I feel around this time of the year. It doesn't matter how it's done, whether that's doing something nice for them or spending a bit more time with them, I always find someway of letting my family and friends and I think that is definitely one of the most important things.

A Stable Job: I have a couple of friends who have lost their jobs this year and even though I was on a temporary contract I was recently offered the opportunity to become permanent which of course I took and which made me super happy. Not only does it provide me with the opportunity to meet new people and experience new things and develop important life skills, but it provides me with the opportunity to treat my family and friends this Christmas as well which I think is something a lot of us take for granted. We all moan about going to work and working long hours but it's this time of the year when we are able to treat our loved ones we realise how lucky we really are.

Living In London: Ah London. One of my favorite places in the world that I am extremely lucky to call home. A place which yes, is scary at times but also provides the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, experience different entertainment such as theater and film and just provides a place to escape at times. I honestly love London and despite wanting to move to New York for a year or so, London will forever have a special place in my heart.

A Roof Over My Head: The other day I was walking in London and I was so shocked, disturbed and heartbroken to see the amount of people who were sleeping on the streets with signs explaining they would like something warm to eat or drink and asking if people could spare any change. I know a few people are wary of doing this but I went and bought a young girl around my age or a little bit older a hot chocolate and took it out to her. She was so thankful and really appreciated it. But it made me sad that she probably wouldn't get that kind gesture again for quite a while and might still be on the streets at Christmas. It takes nothing to show a little bit of kindness instead of passing judgement. It just makes me realise how lucky I am to have a warm home to come out to especially at the moment it's freezing cold. I definitely take it for granted sometimes.

My Blog: My blog is definitely something I'm grateful for. Despite not blogging as much as I would have liked to this year I have met so many amazing people and it's still a hobby that I absolutely love. I love that it gives me the freedom to express my emotions and how I feel and write about whatever I want to write about whenever I want. I just love it and I never realised that almost 4 years later it is still something that I am extremely passionate about.

Music: If you follow me on social media or know me personally then I'm sure you all know just how much I adore music. It's something that I literally can't live without as corny and cheesy as that sounds. I always download and listen to music and go to shows and concerts and stuff. Whenever I'm angry or upset I just plug in my head phones in and it's just a place for me to escape and take me from the outside world figuratively and literally for a little while. One of the only things that can calm me down and fully uplift me. It's helped me meet a number of amazing people this year as well which is always a bonus.

So there we have it, just a little and yes quite cringey post of things I am grateful for this Christmas. I think it is always important to have a little reflective moment as it really does help put things into perspective. I hoped you enjoyed this post and if you can relate to any of these things then please let me know.

What are some things you are thankful for this Christmas? 
Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign