1 August 2016

11 Things To Do If You're Having A Bad Day


Hey Everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I can't believe that it is the first day of August! Where is this year going? August is quite an exciting month as it is my birthday month. This year my Dad, brother and I are heading to Yorkshire over that week because not only is it my birthday but my Dad's is also two days after mine so we'll be heading there for that week. I'd rather stay in London over my birthday but I'm sure it'll be fine. Anyway, today has been one of those days where I haven't been myself. I've been moody and grumpy and sad and just been having one of those days with ice cream and the TV. It's inspired me to write this post so if you get moody and grumpy and just have a bad day in general hopefully this will give you some ideas of what you can do to pick yourself back up. Enjoy.

Go For A Walk: One of the things I love to do when I'm angry or upset is going for a long walk or even a run. Okay let's be honest it's more like speed walking. However and getting back to the point of this walking really does help. It gets you out in the fresh air which allows you to clear your head. It's to just take a walk and perhaps take some music with you and just listen to it. One of the songs that I've been loving listening too when I'm in a bad mood has been Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'. When you're on that walk just shake it all off and leave it behind. It's just a fab way of helping you forget all the negatives going on and is also a perfect way to calm yourself down too.

Rant: Whether it's ranting to a friend or writing things down and just getting it off your chest ranting can really help see things and help you gain a new perspective on the situation as well. You may in your head as you talk about it come up with a solution for the problem or think up ways to make a certain situation better. I tend to write everything down in my diary when I am in a bad mood. It just helps me to see the light and writing things down can definitely help get rid of it. I once saw something that say write everything that's making you angry or in a bad mood on a peace of paper. Then tear it up. It sounds silly but really does work as it's like you're getting rid of everything that's making you feel rotten. Try it!

Watch A Funny TV Show/Film: You know that saying 'Laughter is the best medicine'. It really is true. There really is nothing better than putting on your favorite TV show and just laughing your head off. Not literally obviously. Currently my favorite TV show to watch is the Gilmore Girls. So witty and hilarious, great pick up lines and great sarcastic humor. As I am quite a sarcastic person thisshow is literally perfect for me. I know most of you out there will turn to Friends but I'd highly recommend Gilmore Girls if you haven't picked it up yet, I just love it so much and now every single season is on Netflix too! Perfect!

Have A Social Media Cleanse: Social media is amazing for making people feel angry. Sometimes when I've had a bad day I'll go on social media (not going to lie, a lot of the time to rant but I do refrain from this) and see a tweet, post or picture that I disagree with and it just really makes me angry. There's also nothing worse than going on social media and seeing a negative person go on and on about how bad their life is so getting rid of these people is also one way of making everything better as well. I just find switching everything off for a couple of hours and just reading a good book or even just lying down and reflecting for a little bit helps. It really isn't healthy to constantly be on social media so taking

Gym: Now I know you're thinking 'I'm angry and the last thing I want to do is to get all hot and sweaty down at the gym' however trust me when I say it really does. There's nothing like taking your anger out on a tread mill and weight machine or getting in the pool and going for a swim to not only get rid of all that anger, but also get fit and healthy at the same time. It's a win-win situation and you'll end up feeling a lot better afterwards thanks to all the endorphines. Nobody ever regrets exercise but they do stay at home regretting not trying to get better.

Create A Positive Playlist & Blast It As Loud As Possible: I always like to make playlists on my phone of all my favorite upbeat songs that I love to sing and dance along too. I've been playing it non stop recently and it really does help me cheer up. There's nothing like singing along and dancing into a hairbrush around your room or in the shower using the shower head as a microphone. It really does cheer you up and put you in the most amazing mood. I've currently got it on as I write this post and I'm thoroughly enjoying singing along!

Have A Relaxing Bath: I personally don't like having baths at the moment because it's summer and I'd rather have a shower however if it's quite late in the evening or you're not in the mood to do anything then perhaps having a quite relaxing bath will do the trick for you and your mood. Light a few candles, maybe get a glass of water with ice (or something stronger for those of us over 18) and just relax and chill out. Maybe play some nice relaxing mood in the background to really just set off that mood and help you to relax further. It really will help to just put your worries to one side for a few hours and just chill out and forget about everything.



Read A Book: Once you have had your bath or gone to the gym or just walked away from a certain situation and switched off all forms of social media getting into a really good book is also a way of just releasing that tension and escaping for a little bit. It's really relaxing and can help you see things in a new way too. I always read rom-com type books when I'm in a bit of a funk as they make me cry which is perfect if that's what you need to do or just sometimes make me burst out laughing which like I said above really does help put me in a better mood.

Have A De-Clutter: Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I will just head upstairs to my room and shut myself away from the outside world for a little bit. However sometimes when I go up there's stuff all over the place and it just makes me even more crabby so I always find cleaning and tidying stuff away helps calm me down and feel relaxed. Weird I know but it's true. If things are not where they should be then of course my mood will worsen.

Have A Nap: Finally if you just can't face anything and just want to have a good cry head straight to your bed and do that. Life is never as bad as we make it out to be. We always tend to over dramatise and think the worst of everything when in face it could be over in a matter of minutes or even a couple of days. However if you've had a particularly bad day then bed is the best way to go. Just go cry and when you wake up everything will be a lot better and seem a lot clearer after.

Chocolate: If all else fails chocolate is always a winner for so many reasons even though it can feel us leaving a bit guilty afterwards. This is something I am trying to stay away from at the moment but I'm not going to lie, it really does improve my mood and makes me feel a little better. There's nothing a bit of sugar can't solve.

So there we have it. Just a few ideas of what to do when you are having a bad day. I hope this post has helped. Don't ever feel guilty for not being in the best of moods and wanting to chill and not do much. Everyone has those days and once you've got over that mood you'll end up feeling a lot better and ready to take on anything. Corny, but true. If you're going through a rough time at the moment I hope you're okay and I hope things improve. Just remember when the door closes another one always happens, or in the words of Annie...THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW! 

Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig