Pages

Categories

11 July 2016

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil Review





Hey Everyone! So I am finally back from Mauritius. I had such a good time and now I am so sad to be back but the good thing is the weather is pretty much the same which is a bonus. Anyway, now that I am back I thought I would get my blog back up and running kicking things off with a new theme (designed by the lovely (KotrynaBassDesigns) and a post all about my favorite beauty product at the moment which is the Clarins Paris Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil. Keep reading to find out my thoughts about this product.

So before I left for Mauritius I was browsing the shops in Duty Free and spotted this lip oil from Clarins. Now it's a product that I have seen so highly recommended on youtube and other blogs that I just had to try it. I can't remember how much I got it for now but I think it was about £17 or £18 which is definitely not something I would ever really splash on a lip product but I thought why not treat myself and I absolutely love it. I know these were very highly received last year as Clarins released them for a limited amount of time, however they proved to be so popular that they were re-released and since seeing them I've been desperate to get my hands on it so I'm super pleased I'm able to do this review for you.


First off, let's talk about how classy and pretty the packaging is. I love how simple and elegant it is and I also love how you can see the product inside as well. This is especially good for seeing exactly how much product you've used and you have left. I hate packaging where you can't see how much you have left and you're left guessing. So this is extremely ideal for me. It also looks super pretty sat on my marble tray on my dressing table as well. I don't know about you but I am always drawn to a product more if it has pretty packaging. Is that bad? 

The product itself is actually amazing. I normally stick away from oily products as I just never think they feel right on the lips but there is something about this product that is just amazing. On first impressions I actually didn't like it as I felt like it was more of a coating on the lips but I think I was putting too much on. However, the more I used it the more I liked it. The Lip Oils are said to be deeply nourishing and non greasy. I absolutely agree with the nourishing statement as I have noticed such a difference in my lips since using it. I get really dry lips and as soon as I started using it that all went away and my lips appeared less chapped and sore and more moisturized and healthy looking. This is due to all the three plant extracts that are located within the oil which I know is also found in quite a few lip treatments. 

Another thing I love about this product is the scent. It has a very soft sweet honey scent to it. It's not too overpowering and smells good enough to eat (Don't). If you've been reading my blog for a while now you will know that I am a huge lover of sweet scents. I love everything fruity and sweet. I don't know why. I'm not really a fan of floral and fresh scents. It depends what it is of course but I tend to prefer sweeter stuff. 


Onto the only negative thing I have to say about this product. Something I still have a bit of a love hate relationship with is the large foam applicator. I think it's perfect if you're in a bit of a rush and just want to quickly apply it however I do find the applicator a little too big. I don't feel like you get a precise coverage and it can get quite messy at times which isn't good. On the other hand though I think it's the perfect size for just layering on the oil and it does fit the lips perfectly. However I would still prefer a smaller doe-foot applicator as I think this product would then get the full 5 stars from me. You can apply this product over your normal lipstick to give it a bit more shine or just put it on as normal to nourish your lips. I've used it both ways however I essentially use it as a treatment applying it before I go to bed as I then wake up with lovely soft lips. 


Overall I absolutely love this lip oil. I've noticed such a huge difference in my lips and would highly recommend it if you have dry lips like me. It comes to two options. This honey one that I've photographed or a raspberry one which smells sweeter and is bright pink so it's very easy to distinguish between the two. They retail for around £17-19 and you can find it at Debenhams HERE where it comes in three scents, Honey, Raspberry and Cherry. 

Have you tried the Clarins Lip Oils? Would you recommend them?
Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign