Pages

Categories

26 May 2016

Summer Lovin' | Why I'm Excited For The Summer


Summer is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. Not only do I get to see my friends a lot more but I also get to spend more time with family and it's also the season of my birthday which makes it just that little bit more special. I turn a quarter of a century old this year. Scary! But I am still excited and it is a pretty big birthday that I am already planning now. Oops. Anyway, with summer being one of my favorite times of the year I thought why not do a post stating why I'm excited about it. Enjoy.





Warmer Weather: Not that we see an awful lot of it in the UK but obviously a major perk of the summer is sunnier and warmer days. As someone who is pretty much a hermit in the summertime I love waking up early to the summer sunshine and just jumping out of bed without having to carry the duvet to the bathroom or downstairs with me. It's definitely something that motivates me a lot more and really encourages me to get things done.

Longer Days: One of the best things about the Summer is definitely longer, sunnier and brighter days. There really is nothing better than waking up early to meet friends, having picnics or road trips and still returning at 9PM when the days are still fairly light. I absolutely love and I love that there are more opportunities to make plans with people and not really having to wonder about getting home before a certain time due to it getting to dark, I love it.

Clothing: Less is definitely more in the Summer. Long gone are the coats, jumpers and cardigans and out come the shorts, summer dresses, bikinis and flip flops. I will be honest here and say I'm not the biggest fan of summer clothing at times as I'm not really a fan of cropped/sleeveless things as I'm very self conscious of my body but I love wearing cute summer dresses and skirts and shoes that let my feet breathe which is very rare when you live in the UK. Everything is a lot brighter and lighter and colorful which is what I love about summer clothing. I'll definitely be stocking up on clothes from now on.

Fragrances: I love the different scents that are around during the summer. Everything is a lot more fresh with people throwing barbecues to people cutting grass to the standard mango sprays and fruity floral perfumes that start to appear in the shops. One of my favorite summer scents definitely has to be soap and glory's sugar crush scent which is a mixture of lime and brown sugar and it's just summer in a bottle. I absolutely love it.

Festivals/Shows: Being a music lover one of my favorite things about summer is all the different festivals that go on during the summer months. Unfortunately this year due to going on holiday for a month to Mauritius I can't afford to go to any festivals however with V Fest, and Capital's Summer Ball all coming up I know there's a lot of people out there extremely excited for this.

Barbecues & Summer Picnics: The food, the smell, the company. Barbecues are just a must have when it comes to the summer as well as summer picnics. As someone who has a birthday in the summer time and has a few friends with their birthdays fairly close to mine I absolutely love throwing barbecues and picnics and attending others as well. Not only can you have them in the afternoon but you can also have them at night and it's just such a lovely way to catch up. The summer time is a time of the year where a lot of people go away so barbecues are good for inviting your friends and family that are there to just come round and have some food and a catch up.

Food & Drinks: Ice creams. pineapples, fruit kebabs, fruit infused water, the summer time is just perfect for these things. When it gets really hot I'm someone who won't really eat much as I prefer to drink lots of water and juices however when it comes to food I love having meat with lots of salad and fruit salad and just things that are quick and easy to make but also fill me up. I am obsessed with salad so that is pretty much what I live on in the summer time.

Road Trips: Now I know this is considered more of an american thing however this year will be the year I will pass my driving test and I'm hoping to get my own car half way through August and when I do I will be grabbing my friends and taking a road trip up to Brighton or anywhere with a beach. Nothing better than driving somewhere with good company, amazing music and food and of course water. We all need to be beside the beach in the summer time even if it is Brighton in the UK!

So there we have it. Just a few reasons why I am excited for the Summer and I hope you're looking forward to it too. I am away for a wedding from mid june to mid july and then my time from July through to end of the summer will be spent in the UK and I definitely plan on making the most of it with my friends. Hope you're all going to have and amazing summer and be sure to let me know in the comments below what you are planning on getting up to this year. 

What are your favorite things about the Summer? 
Hugs and Kisses

4 comments:

  1. These are basically all the reasons why I'm so excited for summer too! I can totally relate to the warmer weather and not feeling the need to bring my duvet downstairs with me, haha! And I of course am obsessed with the clothing as well <3

    Lizzie | lizziegines.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't wait haha!! Hope you have a wonderful summer lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. Summer's my favourite by far for all the reasons above & moreee! X

    www.emilyy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! That's pretty awesome :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign