18 May 2016

My Top Money Saving Tips


Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well. Today I thought that I would do a little post sharing my top money saving tips with you all. Now I'm going to stick my hands up here and say that I was once the worst person in the world at saving money. It took me forever to actually get a proper job where I was actually earning enough money to be able to save as well as still live on whatever was left over. I did have jobs before but they just weren't giving me enough of an income.




Now that finally have a full time job and I'm earning enough money to support myself I've managed to save quite a bit of money so I thought why not blog about different methods that have helped me to save that little bit extra each month and have stopped me spending unnecessary amounts of money. Hopefully these are all things that can help you too.

Set A Goal
So at the moment there are two things I am saving up for. One is car and the other is a trip to New York at the end of this year. These are two things that I have wanted for a long time and I think having these two is really motivating me to save up money as they are both things I need and really want to have. You don't have to save for things as extravagant as this. Maybe you have your eyes on a new purse or designer handbag? Maybe you're planning a trip to London and want to have plenty of money to spend. The smallest things can really motivate you to save up. I turn 25 this year and if there's one thing I really want to do is have a house of my own so I'm going to save up enough to put a deposit down hopefully next year!

Leave The Card At Home & Just Take Cash 
Now obviously this one is self explanatory but I find this really helps me to save money. If I'm going out on a little shopping trip or even a night out with the girls I'll draw out a certain amount of money and just leave my card in a safe place at home and it really does work. It's a perfect way to budget and not overspend.

Budget Monthly 
Another method I've found works incredibly well for me. You can get phone apps and diaries that can help with this. It's a good way of tracking all your monthly expenses like food, phone bill, gym membership, travel etc. That way you know what you need to keep and what you have left over in order to spend on other luxuries or even what to transfer to a savings account.

Cancel The Gym Membership 
Now I use the gym, however I pay as you go. If you're a bit tight with money but still like keeping fit and healthy then just use the great outdoors. Now that the weather is finally starting to improve in London there's nothing better than going for a run outside or even to your local park where you can use benches, skipping ropes and other things as well. You don't need to fork out 40-50 pounds to keep fit and healthy. You could even use the WII fit which I find amazing.

Save Up All Your Loose Change 
I have different pots around my house for all my loose change as I hate carrying it around and prefer to pay for things using my card anyway so any loose change I have always goes into a red point and you'll be surprised at just how much you can actually end up saving.


Spend More Time In The Kitchen 
We all love going out to restaurants and treating ourselves to a chinese or cheeky nandos (yes I did just say cheeky nandos) here and there. However with the help of some amazing cookbooks and even the internet you'd be surprised at how much of this amazing food we can actually replicate in the comforts of our own home. There are some amazing recipes online and some amazing cookbooks with such simple but incredible tasty recipes. Not only will you be saving a ton of money but you'll also be improving your culinary skills. Win Win!

Look For Discounts/Promotions 
I am not one for sale shopping at all as I find sales to be really messy and it's always the most rubbish items that tend to be on sale however what I do do is look for discounts and promotions. I've signed up to all my favorite brands newsletters and I'm always receiving emails offering 20% off or free delivery and even though it doesn't sound a lot you'd be surprised at how much you can actually save. I also find using websites and apps such as groupon handy as there's always little vouchers for food places or offering discounts on different products. If you're a student then Unidays is such a fantastic little website.  All these little things really do make a huge difference.

Shop Your Stash 
I used to be that person who'd moan about not having much make up or many clothes and going out and spending an absolute fortune on them however recently I've realised that there are so many different ways to wear things or so many different looks to try using what I already have. Now I never really buy make up or new clothes unless it's for a special occasion or I genuinely run out of products. You'd be surprised at how much we actually have.

Walk More
Living in London means that I get the tube an awful lot and it's not something I particularly enjoy as a, tfl is so unreliable and b, it costs a fortune to get from point a to point b sometimes so what I've started to do now is walk more. If I'm going to Central London I'll head to say Leicester Square but if I was going somewhere else in London instead of jumping back on the tube I'll just walk there instead. London is big but its so easy to get around and you can always use the navigation app on your phone to help you. Not only will you be saving money but you could also come across sites and other places that you've not seen before.

Blogging Doesn't Require Money 
One for all your bloggers out there who struggle due to lack of funds. When I first started blogging I always thought it meant money will have to be spent but it's so untrue. There are so many different things you can blog about that cost absolutely no money at all for example outfit of the day, what's in my bag, favorite make up products, room tours etc. I did a post containing 50 different blog post ideas that are all inexpensive and require no money at all so if you haven't checked that out yet make sure to click HERE to head on over and have a read. It's one of my most popular posts yet so I really do think it'll help you!

So there we have it, just a few little tips to help you save money. I hope this helped you or will help you a little bit in the future to save money for things you want in the future. Maybe you want a new car, or want to move out or even just want money for a nice holiday, hopefully all the tips listed here are things you'll take on board. Let me know if you already do any of the things listed in this post.

What are your top money saving tips?
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great money savjng tips! I love saving money but as a student on the basic loan it can be hard sometimes. Good think I have savings accounts!

    Chichi
    http://chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can relate to that, being a student and keep up with savings is definitely not an easy task to do!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the tips!! My best saving tip is to always shop on sales or look for better deals in different places x,Abril
    The color palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with this! Great tips!! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig