13 May 2016

Little Things To Improve My Happiness For The Remainder of 2016

Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well. As most of you will know if you follow me on twitter I have lost my blogging mojo lately. Every time I think I've found it I end up losing it again which actually makes me pretty sad as I love blogging as you know and it's definitely a place I used to turn too when I felt sad or stressed but because I'm working nearly all the time now I spend most of my free time socializing with my friends or I'm so tired so I just relax. I've also been feeling really down and upset lately which isn't fun and it's those feelings I've had that's actually inspired me to write this post. 



I'm genuinely a happy person however like everyone else I do have those moments when I start to act like the world is coming to and end. I've decided to no longer dwell on things that put me down and make me unhappy. I will however do things and change certain things about my lifestyle in order to become a happier more positive person. I hope you'll enjoy this post. 

Eat Healthier and Improve My Diet: I eat relatively healthy. However I do have a lot of cheat days. I'd say my diet is 70% healthy and 30% cheat days which I don't consider that great to be honest so it's definitely something I'm going to do something about. I'm not the kind to diet however I've recently decided to make some small lifestyle changes from drinking a lot more water and switching from brown bread to white bread and drinking more water instead of fruit juice or fizzy drinks. 

Improve My Relationship With Money: A few years ago I was the worst person at saving money. Utterly hopeless. I would spend like there's no tomorrow and wouldn't save a penny which definitely affected me a lot when I was at university however its something I've become a lot better at. Early last year I managed to get a full time job working for British Airways and managed to save and do a lot more things with my time. I've managed to socialize and see my friends a lot more and I've also managed to travel more too. I went to Mauritius in January, going again in June and I'm hoping to go to New York for my birthday in August with a trip to Germany planned in December. I can't wait. I'm also saving up to buy a car and it's all going quite well so I'm just hoping that I will be able to keep that up. 

Exercise & Get Out In The Fresh Air: This is something I've also been doing a lot lately. I've loved going out for runs around where I live as there is a big park and as the weather is slowly starting to improve (key word there...slowly) I've been going on more and more of these. I will be increasing the lengths of my runs and how long I do them for as well as I am planning on running the marathon next year and as I also plan on losing a ton of weight because I'm not at all happy with how I look and this is one of the things I hope to be extremely happy with by the end of 2016. 

Keep A Positivity Journal: This is one of my favorite things to do and something I kept up to date with throughout 2015. I used to have a separate journal for positive quotes and special moments that happened throughout each day. Now I've got a bullet journal where I write these things down to help really inspire and push me each day to be more positive and I can tell that it is really working. 

Hang Out With Friends More: If there's one thing I've been doing a lot lately it's going out with my friends to shows, and just generally hanging out and catching up. I think it's so important to surround myself with people who bring out the best in me and can support and encourage me and help me when I'm feeling down. 

Have More Me Time: One thing I'm going to start doing more is having more me time. As someone that works and spends a lot of time with family and friends it's very rare when I get to just have time to myself so whether that's treating myself to a hot chocolate when I'm out, getting my nails done, or even just having a nice little pamper evening after work one day with a nice bath, movie and lots of skincare products it's something I'm definitely going to make a lot of time for over the remaining months of 2016. 

Travel More: Working for a major airline means that access to travel the world is right at my finger tips. I went to Mauritius back in January earlier this year and I will be heading back there again next month to explore more places and also for a wedding. However I want to travel to other places too. By the end of this year I hope to have visited New York and I am also heading to Germany with my Dad and brother in December which I am super excited for. Travelling is one of my biggest passions in life and it's something that makes me so happy so I cannot wait to see more amazing places around the world. 

Smile More: Now this is something I always do anyway as smiling always makes me feel good and happy and it also makes me come across as a happy positive person that people actually want to be around which is always good. It also shows a level of confidence about yourself as well that people always love to see too. It's like that song from Annie 'You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile'. 

Stop Feeling Guilty: The last one on my list is to stop feeling guilty. This includes feeling guilty for saying no every once in a while or eating chocolate, or skipping the gym for one day. If I feel tired or unwell or just feel like having a lazy day with Gossip Girl and lots of food then I will do that and I will do it with my head held high as I think it's important to just treat ourselves and do whatever we want every once in a while without having a care in the world about what other people think. I mean our own happiness definitely has to be a priority. 

So there we have it. Happiness has become my number one priority at the moment and these are the things that I will do in order to become the happy positive carefree girl that I want to be. Let me know if you relate to any of these things in the comments below. 

Do you do any of these things? What little things make you happy? 
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love all of these points. I keep a diary with positive quotes & its really nice to look back on when you're having a 'down' day. X

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!! It's such a fabulous idea! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love all these points, especially the one about not feeling guilty. Great post!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - the one about not feeling guilty is so important! Hope you have a happy rest of 2016

    Emma x

    www.thereisnow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you back blogging Fleur; really missed your posts popping up!
    I would love to have a sneak peak at your bullet journal, those posts have become strangely addictive recently!
    Also, I started reading your blog just before you started your job, I cannot believe that was early 2015! That's mental!

    Siobhan
    ahandfulofsparkle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Siobhan! You always leave the loveliest comments and send me the loveliest tweets and it means a lot to me! I'll do a post all about my bullet journal soon! :) I know right?! So crazy!! xx

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals!

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig