Pages

Categories

9 March 2016

A Few Things To Help When You're Feeling Poorly


So if you follow me on twitter you would have noticed my constant moans recently about me being ill. I normally have a really good strong immune system but since I've started doing shift work and working in an airport which as we all know is full of gross germs flying around every day, it really does not help. For the past two days I've done nothing but drugged myself up on cough medicine, lemsip and lots of honey and lemon. However I'm still spending time in bed feeling sorry for myself. Today I woke up and decided right today will be different, I will wake up and do things that are still relaxing but can help me get better faster. Here are a few things you can do when you're feeling sick. Hope you enjoy this post.




Warm Shower 
Nothing will refresh you more and wake you up than having a warm shower in the mornings as soon as you wake up. It's something that will drag you out of bed in the mornings when you quite frankly feel like poo and do not want to get out of there at all. A shower will also help you feel better, less sweaty and a lot less disgusting as well.

Drink Plenty Of Fluids 
When I feel sick and gross I always feel seriously dehydrated and my lips are really dry to the point where I can actually peel the skin off. I know that's kinda gross but that's how gross my skin feels so as well as applying a ton of lip balm throughout the day I will also be hydrating myself. I will have a bottle of water beside me all day and keep refilling it. It really does help you feel a little bit better.

Catch Up On All Your Favorite TV Shows 
If there's one upside of being sick I think this is the clear winner. I just love staying at home and watching episodes of my favorite TV shows that I've missed. I've caught up on Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries in the past few days that I've been off from work and I have loved it.

Have A Movie Marathon 
Yes this links to the above one as well but not everyone likes watching TV shows so why not have a movie marathon as well. Nothing says being sick than spending the day in front of the TV watching all the classic movies in a row. Mean Girls, Clueless, and Legally Blonde anyone?!

Go Out & Get Some Fresh Air 
I personally HATE staying home all day when I have a day off. I much prefer heading out and going to do some shopping or hanging out with my friends. However there are some days when you just feel too awful to do that and the past couple of days have been like that, However if you're feeling a bit better why not head outside and go for a little walk around the block or in a park nearby. Getting some fresh air will always do you some good and you'll be feeling better as well.

Make Yourself Tea/Hot Lemon & Honey/Warm Milk & Honey
The best cure if you've got a sore throat, or feeling very chilly is to make yourself a warm drink. I personally don't really like tea or any warm drinks for that matter. However when I am ill I get really cold and have a sore throat quite a lot so it's imperative that I make myself a warm drink. I love a milky honey and lemon drink or a very milky tea to help soothe my throat. It really does help and it's very relaxing especially in the evenings when you are about to go to sleep as it really relaxes you.

Don't Over Work Yourself
I thoroughly believe that this is the reason as to why I am ill. I have done too many days at work to pay for when I went on holiday and I believe that's made me suffer a little bit. These past couple of days I have just decided to relax, catch up on TV, download a few new albums that I've wanted to listen to for ages and just been chilling out and it has been lovely. It makes me realise how much I took relaxation for granted when I was unemployed. Don't take that the wrong way though, I couldn't be happier I'm in a job and in one that I love as well. I just need to spread out my roster more and stop working too much. It's the same with this blog. I treat this like my second job sometimes which can take all the fun away so I'm trying to just relax and take it easy as I'm becoming ill a lot more now which isn't good.

Turn You Phone Off For A Few Hours 
Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I love going on twitter, pinterest, bloglovin', facebook and even checking my roster online. Sometimes I rarely put my phone down which is why I think I get increased headaches and that can be worse when you're ill so I think turning it off or even putting it on airplane mode if you want to use it to listen to music or watch things can definitely help as you'll be less stressed and it can actually force you to relax as well.


So there we have it. Just a few different things you can do that can help you to relax when you're sick or even just in general if you have had a stressed out day and just want to unwind and relax. Let me know if you do any of these things when you're trying to recover from a sick day! If you're feeling poorly at the moment then I hope you get better soon!

What do you do when you're feeling poorly? 
Hugs and Kisses

3 comments:

  1. Get well soon, lovely! These are all really great tips - especially staying off your phone and going outside to get some fresh air. Both of things do wonders for me when I'm ill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon, lovely! These are all really great tips - especially staying off your phone and going outside to get some fresh air. Both of things do wonders for me when I'm ill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! <3 Being ill is literally the worst thing in the whole world, especially coldy flu! I agree with warm showers, they really open up your airways. I also find that hot ribena helps, loads of vitamin C :)

    teabee | UK Lifestyle, Travel & Beauty Blog xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign