Pages

Categories

13 February 2016

The Single Girl's Guide To Valentine's Day


Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well. So I am now officially back from Mauritius. I got back this morning at around 9AM and I'm so sad to be back especially as it's absolutely freezing cold and I really do miss my family today! I'll be so glad when I am back in June. Anyway, today I thought I would do a little post for all you single ladies out there who like me are unfortunately single. I was going to do a date night post but as I've never had a date for Valentine's I thought I would be a bit pointless so 'The Single Girl's Guide To Valentine's Day' came around instead. I hope you enjoy this post!




Pamper Yourself
I believe this is the most important way to spend a Valentine's Day if you're single. Most of us these days are either working or at college or uni and don't really have time to sit down and just pamper ourselves a little bit. Us girls deserve a good pamper every now and then and just because we're single and have nobody to impress doesn't mean we can't treat ourselves and make ourselves feel pretty. Before I went away I bought a bunch of pamper treats that I unfortunately have to leave behind. I'm heading out with a friend and my brother for a little gig tomorrow so I'll be having a little pamper session and playing my favorite relaxing album by Ben Howard before heading out. After all I've had a 12 hour flight and need to properly prep and sort out my skin after the horrible airplane air.

'Secret Santa' Valentines Day 
I know this might be a long shot as Valentines Day is tomorrow but why not get a group of friends together and do a little secret Santa but based around the theme of Valentines day. It should really be called Secret Valentine shouldn't it?  It doesn't have to be cutesy or romantic. If you and your friends aren't into that stuff you can throw in a few jokey items around there if you'd like but I think this is a lovely idea and it's a way of showing your friends how much they mean to you. Grab your closest friends, pick names out of a hat, head your separate ways with a budget in mind and arrange a meet up point with the gifts. I think this would be so much fun.

Find A New Love 
Valentines Day falls on a Sunday this year and I know that means a day off for the vast majority of us so why not try coming across a new hobby? Maybe there is something you've been interested in for a while that you want to give a go? Maybe you've wanted to start your own blog, or start playing a musical instrument, or even watch a new TV show, if you've got nothing planned I see nothing stopping you from trying something new and discovering a new love and passion. I'm going to try and get my youtube channel sorted tomorrow morning with a new header and everything and finally start with that as you all know it's something I've wanted to do for a while. We don't just fall in love with people, remember that!

Bake Some Valentines Day Treats
What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than to bake some sweet treats for yourself, friends or family. There are so many places that you can go to get some inspiration my personal favorite being pinterest. There are just so many amazing ideas on there for things you can make. One of my personal favorite recipes that I have come across is red velvet chocolate chip cookies. These just sound absolutely delicious. It's one of many recipes that I have got currently saved on my laptop and will definitely be making as red velvet anything is just super delicious.

Have A Movie Night In 
If like me you are currently suffering with a bit of a cold then what better way to get all the most romantic films together complete with a tub of the best dates a girl can have 'Ben and Jerry's and just have a movie night in. Simple, relaxing and fun! I will be doing this later on when I come back from the gig. 

Hand Written Notes 
Now I know Valentines Day is considered a day to celebrate it with your other half but to me I think you should show love to everyone around you on this year. Yes I guess it's more special if you have someone special in your life but if you have friends and family then spread a little bit of love around. I'm an extremely shy person and I never express how I'm feeling verbally. I always write little notes or letters to people telling them how I feel so I think this would be perfect for those of you who are like me as well. I think hand written notes are perfect and so much more romantic anyway, especially if you find it difficult to put certain things across verbally.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Just remember you don't have to be in a relationship to celebrate Valentine's Day as there's a million other fun things you can do to have the best day possible. If you combine all these things together you'll forget about being single trust me. I hope whatever you are doing you have the best day possible and if you're lucky enough to have a partner that you have a lovely evening. Take care and I'll speak to you in my next post! 

Hugs and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign