Pages

Categories

21 December 2015

Blogmas Day 21 | My Christmas Traditions


With Christmas only four days away I thought why not do a post telling you about all the Christmas Traditions that happen in my family this time of year. Not going to lie, a lot of these have sadly been put on hold this year due to me and both my parents having to work shift work right across Christmas. However we are going to try and get through as many of them as we can, so before I carry on babbling too much here are my Christmas Traditions.

Writing Christmas Cards To The Neighbours on Christmas Eve 
This is a tradition I started myself when I was about 12 years old. I love writing Christmas cards and when I was at school I always used to write hundreds to give to my friends, teachers and other people as well. There was always a few left over so I used to always sit down on Christmas Eve and write them out to all my neighbours and then wrap up warm and go and post them through each letter box. I love doing this as I love seeing or hearing how excited people are. I love seeing all the Christmas lights and decorations outside and I love how happy everyone is on Christmas Eve as well. It's a tradition I'll always keep. 

Going Christmas Shopping With My Mum and Brother 
This is a tradition once again that was started when I was very young. We all go out to a massive shopping centre and do our Christmas shopping together. Obviously we all part ways at some point during the day as we don't want to all be together when we are buying each others presents but then we all come bag together, get a hot chocolate from Costa and then go out for a meal after all the shopping is done as we all think it is very well deserved. 

Visiting Winter Wonderland 
Living in London means I'm lucky enough to be able to always go to Winter Wonderland. However this year I haven't been because of work but I am hoping to go on the 23rd as that is my only day off until the 27th. I just love the atmosphere there and I definitely think it will make me a lot more festive than it currently does. I love visiting the Christmas markets there and going on the rides and then having a hot chocolate and going ice skating as well. I just absolutely love it there and if you haven't been I would highly recommend it. 

Putting Red and Green M&Ms In My Breakfast Cereal 
Me and my brother always love putting coloured sweets in our breakfast cereal and have done since we were kids. M&Ms are our favourite chocolates so when it comes to the festive season we always buy lots of m&ms and stick them in our cereal. They have to be green and red though if not it's just absolutely a no go! 

Wrapping Presents Whilst Watching Christmas Films 
There's nothing better than sitting in front of the TV or Netflix whilst watching a lovely Christmas film and wrapping presents for your loved ones. It just makes me so super happy. This year I have a lot more time than usual to buy and wrap presents because we are celebrating Christmas on the 27th December as we are all working on Christmas Day. So this is a tradition that will be going on for the next few days. 

Making Cinnamon Hot Chocolate 
Every year my mum manages to find some cinnamon hot chocolate and we always sit down in front of the TV whilst watchin Christmas specials and drink it. It's just such a lovely drink and tastes a million times better than normal hot chocolate. I definitely think places like Costa and Starbucks should introduce it as I reckon it will be a best seller. 

Soaking The Turkey In Water and Spices Overnight
On Christmas Eve me and my Dad always pick up the Turkey that we have pre-ordered, prep it and then put it in a plastic box (that has been cleaned) full of water and different spices. We then leave it in a cold place (sometimes outside) overnight to late the Turkey absorb everything. It's absolutely delicious the next day trust me! 

Going To Christmas Day Mass 
Being a catholic one of the most important traditions for my dad, myself and my brother (My mum isn't a catholic so doesn't join in) is going to Christmas Mass and I absolutely love it. It's always such an incredibly beautiful service and I just love seeing everyone there that I've known for absolutely years. It's such a heart-warming service and after, all that is what Christmas is all about. 

So there we have it. Just a few of my Christmas traditions. I absolutely love Christmas, it is my favourite time of the year, however this year, because of work and stuff, it's just not feeling that Christmassy. But writing this post whilst I've had Love Actually on in the background has definitely helped. Hope you enjoyed this post and hope you are having a lovely time preparing for Christmas! Not long now! 

What are your Christmas Traditions?
Hugs and Kisses

2 comments:

  1. I loved hearing these traditions! I've never thought about putting M&M's in my cereal though..different, I like it!

    becca | beccagiveslove

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very nice traditions! Writing Christmas cards to your neighbours is such a thoughtful idea, when I was in England I was so happy to receive cards from my roommates - this is something we don't really do in France, it's nice that you kept this tradition in the UK!
    I love cinnamon hot chocolate too, it feels more Christmassy than the usual hot chocolate! Funnily enough I've got my recipe up on my blog, if you want to check that out (although you know how to make it already :p)

    Julia x
    Last post: my cinnamon hot chocolate recipe! | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/12/christmas-recipe-cinammon-spiced-hot.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign