19 December 2015

Blogmas Day 19 | Five Things I'm Grateful For This Christmas


With Christmas only a week away now I think it's quite an important time of the year to not just celebrate with our friends and family but to also realise just how lucky we are. Sadly the world hasn't been the nicest place to live in the last couple of months. There has been so much sadness and heartache and despite all of that we still do have some amazing things in our lives. I thought it would be nice to do a little post of things that we should be grateful for this christmas. Enjoy.

Friends & Family: This year I know friends who have lost the people that are closest to them through illness or through violent attacks. It's been a very sad year for a lot of people I know however I'm super thankful for my friends and family. Despite not seeing eye to eye a lot of the time and having lots of arguments I'm super lucky that I still have the people who I love and who love me around even if we may not say it a lot. I have friends who have sadly lost parents or grandparents this and it has definitely made me appreciate them a lot more recently. I'll definitely be keeping them a lot closer to my heart from now on. Even if we do argue like cat and dog.

A Roof Over My Head: I was out in London with a few friends the other night and I saw so many people absolutely freezing cold and just sat outside shops and in subways and it made me so sad. We take these things for granted everyday and only when you see things like that do you realise just how lucky we are. I will be making up some little bundles and packages to give to some homeless shelters near me this Christmas I think it's so important to help other people and try and improve their quality of life as well.

An opportunity to go to work: We all moan about it and we all wish we could just stay at home and just chill out with netflix and chocolate however I can't help but realise just how lucky we are to be able to do the jobs that give us enough money to not just get treated to nice presents and food this Christmas but to also be able to treat the ones we love to gifts they deserve as well. Not everyone is that lucky.

My Blog: Whenever I'm feeling down or a bit annoyed or frustated I always turn to my blog as a way to calm me down. Whether it's writing a new post or reading comments or just reading other blogs it's just such a lovely place to go that always puts me in a better mood. I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have my blog. It's definitely the best thing I've ever started.

Living In London: With everything going on in the world at the moment in other places I'm so thankful and lucky that I live in London. A place which yes, is scary at times but also provides the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, experience different entertainment such as theatre and film and just provides a place to escape at times. I honestly love London and despite wanting to move to New York for a year or so, London will forever have a special place in my heart.

So there we have it just a few things I am grateful for this Christmas. I think it is important to spare a thought for us less fortunate than us this Christmas. I know that it is important to think of these things all year round but I think Christmas is the one time of year where it really hits home and makes us realise just how lucky we are to have the lives we do.


What are your thankful for?
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig