Pages

Categories

1 December 2015

Blogmas Day 2 | A Christmassy Evening At The Theatre


Hey Everyone! So Day 2 of blogmas for me! It's day one for everyone else but as you can see from yesterday's post I started things off really early. If any of you have gone to see Christmas With The Coopers today by the way or are going to see Christmas With The Coopers then be sure to let me know what you think. Anyway, I thought I'd do a little personal post and just let you know what I've been up to recently. I know in a few posts I've been complaining about work recently because since going full time I feel like I don't really have a day off however I did have a couple of days off last week and, one of which being Friday and this I decided to meet up with a couple of friends from university and go to London for a little catch up. This is what we got up too. 



We all decided to meet up outside Tottemham Court Road station as my friend Lucy had to go to one of the shops there. We met our other friend Victoria there as we  had made plans a few weeks ago to go and see Billy Elliot in the West End. We decided to go for a warm drink and chat first and stopped at the first costa we saw especially as it was so windy and cold as well. As you can see from the photo above I couldn't resist snapping a photo of my drink which was the Black Forest Hot Chocolate. Oh my goodness, the best drink in the world. Definitely tastes as good as it looks, trust me. 


We then took a walk around Oxford Street and had a little stroll around primark where we all picked up a few bits and pieces (haul coming soon) and then we had to head to the train station as we had to get the train to Victoria. I absolutely love Oxford Street this time of the year as it always look super duper pretty. I just had to take a photo of these lights as I think they look so cute just strung up like that. I wish they kept them up all year round as they just add that special touch to the street. 


Once we had finished on Oxford Street our next stop was Victoria so we could find the theatre and pick up the tickets and then head for something to eat. None of us are that familiar with the area so we decided to just google what was close by and noticed that Zizzi was one of the closest restuarants. I had only been there once before but I do remember the food and service being amazing and I wasn't disappointed. The food was absolutely amazing. I ordered a bruschetta for starters as it's one of my favorite ever appetisers and then a pizza which I can't remember the name of now but which was absolutely amazing. I also decided to order a stawberry sorbet which was so incredibly good! Yes I am one of those people who compains about it being freeing but then eats and drinks cold thingsI then decided to wash it all down with prosecco because I absolutely love that drink. It's literally the only wine I will drink. We decided to split a bottle between us and managed to get two glasses each out of it which was really good. We also decided to have a glass of water each too as water with food is always a must. The service in Zizzi's was absolutely amazing. We ordered everything at the beginning and the food came very quickly. The waiters didn't rush us like they do in some other restaurants and it was just really nice to sit and chat and stare at the Christmas lights outside which are photographed below. I just felt really Christmassy. 




After this it was time to head to the show! However we couldn't just head to the theatre without having a little reunion photo outside Westminster Cathedral where we graduated two and a half years ago. We all got a little bit emotional thinking out it. After this we headed to the theatre where it was finally show time. Billy Elliot was absolutely amazing. The case were so incredibly talented and capitivting. The little boy who played the title role was just beyond talented and such an incredible little dancer as well as actor. It just amazes me how good kids actually are in the west end. He was definitely something special. The entire cast were just as amazing too! I'm used to seeing full on sung word for wor musicals in the West End so this was definitely a little different but I loved it all the same. It made you love, it made you cry and it made you a little angry. I also loved how part of the show was interaction with the audience. Everyone loved it! It's an amazing show and if you haven't seen it yet I'd highly recommend it. 

Overall it was a very special night for the three of us and definitely one I will remember for a long time. So much as happened in our lives individually and this was the first proper catch up we've had in ages. It was just so lovely to sit, chat and reminisce as well as just have a break from our normal lives. I hope we can do it again sometime soon. 

Have you had any special Chrismassy evenings out recently? 
Hugs and Kisses

2 comments:

  1. Billy Elliot is a musical I really am dying to see! Looks fab.

    Amelia Rose | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to count how many times you said "absolutely" or "amazing" or "absolutely amazing" haha ^^
    I would love to see a west end show again, it's been way too long. Billy Elliot is a must see! x
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign