Pages

Categories

2 November 2015

Life Lately | Opening Up A Little


Hey everyone!! So it's been a long time! I can't believe throughout the whole of October I only published two posts. That is very unlike me but I was just so busy and had so much going on that I just never had time to post. Plus my laptop was actually not working properly so I wouldn't have been able to blog properly anyway. However today I wanted to do a slightly personal post all about me and just talk about all the reasons I haven't been blogging and generally other things in life that have been getting me down. I just want to sit down and type and talk to you all. Yes this might be a fairly long post and will be one of those posts that will be very rambley but since I've started this blog I've never really sat down and just typed to my heart's content. This will be one of those posts so grab a cuppa and enjoy!


Work: If there is one thing that has taken up all my time lately and barely given me any rest it's work. If you didn't know I work for British Airways and in October I made the decision to go full time. I've had the job since July and was part time but then decided to take a contract change and go full time and I must admit that I am slightly regretting this decision. I absolutely love my job there's no denying that however I don't really feel like I have much choice in what I do with my life as I'm either at work or at home. I don't really get a chance to see my friends anymore or do things that I love. I shouldn't really complain especially as I've wanted a job for so long and I'm now doing something that I do enjoy but there is that little part of me that wishes I could go back part time and still be doing other things I love and I'm passionate about such as work on this blog which I really do miss doing as well as seeing friends and starting to work on other exciting projects too. I'm just going to suck it up though because at the end of the day I'm lucky to even be in a job doing something I love when there are people out there who find it incredibly difficult to get even one job.

Blogging: Because it's been ages since I sat down and worked properly on my blog I have fallen slightly out of love with it and it's for such silly reasons. I've been comparing myself lately to so many other amazing bloggers some of which normally really do inspire me to blog. They still do inspire me but when I sit down to write a post I just can't seem to do it. I don't know why. I guess it's because the ideas have already been put out there and there's doubts that people will actually like it. I've decided that from now on I'm not going to blog unless it's something I truly wish to talk about or include on my blog. Even if it means I don't post as regularly as I used to anymore. I want my blog to be more quality over quantity if you understand what I mean. I love my blog and even though it doesn't meet the standards of some of the bigger ones I'm proud of how far it's come. In December 'FleurDanielle' will be turning three years old and I have no intention of stopping at all but I do want to try and work harder and produce better content for it as I'm super proud of how hard I've worked on it in the past few years.



Relationships & Friendships: I'm not one to advertise my friends or relationships on my blog or any social media in fact and I've actually had emails asking me if I have any friends as my photos are always of materialistic things or just selfies of me. I find this totally ridiculous and really rude to be honest. I don't post photos of me and my friends or blog about nights out as I'd rather just enjoy the moment rather than shoving a camera in everyone's faces or stressing myself out to take photos of a beautiful bar purely for my blog. I take photos of materialistic things because it's usually what I like to post about. But don't worry of course I have friends and I have nights out and enjoy life just like everyone else. The collage above are just a few photos I've decided to post of memories made this year as it just means a lot to me.  Relationships on the other hand are something I'll never talk about or post about. I don't have a boyfriend or anything at the moment and I'm very much single purely because I don't have the time and also because I've witnessed so many terrible relationships from my friends and family that I'm perfectly happy being single and enjoying life without having to worry about anything else. Would I like to be in a relationship? Of course. Is it the one thing in the world that would make me happy? Definitely not. Like I've said about there are so many things I want to do in my life and I guess a relationship will happen when it's the right time. I don't have time for guys at the moment anyway! 

Family: My family and I are an interesting concept. I live in a very weird household. I live with both my parents and my brother who is two years younger than me but has learning difficulties so when I do have days off I take him out to places or help him with his studies or just help with different things. My parents both work shift work and when they are off they are just sleeping and relaxing meaning I always have to take over and do things around the house which I don't mind of course. I have a very interesting relationship with my parents. I love them to bits but they are not the most supportive or understanding people in the world and we always tend to have a lot of arguments which do lead me to become really unhappy and I won't lie I have spent nights crying myself to sleep as these arguments are getting worse and becoming increasingly more regular. I won't get into the nitty gritty of it all but if you see me rant on twitter or become unhappy then at least you will know why. I love my family to bits but I just wish I could get a little bit more support and encouragement from them instead of constantly being teared down for everything if you know what I mean.

As you can see from above a lot of what I've spoken about at the moment is definitely quite negative and has definitely shaped a lot of 2015 for me. It hasn't been an easy year at all but now that we are entering the last couple of months of it there are a few things that I intend on working on.


Becoming A More Positive Person: As you can see above a lot of these things have led me to become quite negative in life. I tend to think things won't work out and then when they do I end up getting a shock. I'm starting to stop that. I want to become a more positive person and become happier. I try and laugh and mile as much as I possible can as I think it's so important to do so. Now I'm starting to try and life by the motto 'Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy' and hopefully you'll see this reflecting on all my social media and in my blog posts as well. 

Travelling: I have got family and friends in all different parts of the world. I have the majority of my family in Mauritius which is where my Mum is from and I've recently booked two weeks off work towards the end of January next year just so I can travel there and see my family who I haven't seen since I was 11 years old. I really do want to travel more and experience different cultures and meet different people. I've wanted to travel the world since a very young age which is why I chose to study tourism and work in the tourism industry. Now I just want to get out there and experience it for myself and now that I have this job the possibilities are endless I just cannot wait. 


Overcoming My Shyness: If there's one thing that isn't visible online it's how shy I am. I'm an incredibly shy person however in the past couple of months I have allowed myself to step out of my comfort zone, go out and meet and speak to new people and make a ton of new friends in the process! Here's hoping this can now continue and shy Fleur will be a thing of the past as it has overtaken my life sometimes and stopped me from doing so many new things. I can't wait to see how I combat this over the next couple of months. 

So there we have it. Just a little (okay a long) update on my life over the past few months and how I hope things will change over the next couple of months and throughout next year too! A happier, more positive, more outgoing and more motivated Fleur Danielle Griffin awaits! I can't wait to see the changes in myself and I look forward to seeing if any of you, readers of my blog spot any changes! If you do please let me know as it will make me super happy! Writing this post has definitely bought on a whirlwind of emotions from happiness, to sadness back to happiness and also becoming more determined than ever! I hope you enjoy this post and I can't wait for you to see the positive changes to my blog and other social media. 

Let me know what you think of me and my blog below as I'm very interested to read your thoughts! 
Hugs and Kisses

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fleur, so sorry to hear you're not having the best year and things are difficult for you. But you know what, you never know what's around the corner, and that's one quote I like to think of when things aren't going well for me (which is quite often sadly), it's just helps to think things may suddenly come along that will change life for the better. I'm so glad I found your blog, it's always lovely to read and I wish you all the best. Hope you have a great holiday in January, how lovely to get to see your family after so many years! And I hope life gets happier for you soon :-) Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really thoughtful, honest post - I hope things get better for you Fleur asap! :) Your motto 'Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy' is something I'm trying to work towards too. Don't worry about comparing yourself to other bloggers (I think your blog is a fab standard already!)
    Love Emily xxx | fairylemonade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this post Fleur! Sometimes making these kind of life recap posts can help seeing clearly what is going on and where you are in your life. Happiness is what we should all go for, your mixed feelings about your job are not the easiest but eventually you'll make a decision and see if that is what can make you happy! Whenever you can, just take time for you and rest, have a nice pampering session, call a friend... just do something only for you, it will make you feel better! :)

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your current struggles, I think a lot of people have been feeling kinda blue these last few weeks so don't worry too much about it! Keep focusing on the good things that are coming your way , I hope the rest of the year turns out great for you x
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been feeling down Fleur, from reading your post it sounds like you're in serious need of 24 hours to yourself! Is there anything better than a Lush bath bomb and a pamper night?! I bet it would make you feel a million times better! Things will definitely get better I promise! :)

    Bry x
    www.bryonylaura.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign