29 September 2015

September Beauty & Non-Beauty Round Up


Wow it's monthly favorites time again! Doesn't feel that long since I wrote my last one! Crazy! As you can see from the title of this post I've decided to combine both beauty and non-beauty favorites in this post as I didn't go out too much and I didn't really tend to shop much this month which is very unusual for me. There are a few things in the non-beauty favorites that I wasn't able to photograph either so bear with me whilst I try and do my best to describe them for you. Now that the ramble is over let me get back to the point of this post which will be a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy! 

BEAUTY

Naked 3 Palette: I go through stages of loving and hating this palette for some reason. Sometimes I absolutely love the looks you can create from this and then other times I get really frustrating and I'm just not keen however this month I have obviously been loving it. My favorite color to wear from the palette has been Buzz which I find is a gorgeous rose gold shade. I think it is so pretty and really compliments my skin tone and I find it's a shade I can wear no matter what I'm doing or where I'm going. I also find that the shadows are really buttery and easy to work with from this palette. It's just perfect.

Nuxe Rev De Miel Lipbalm: This month I have had such incredibly dry lips. I have been very dehydrated this month and I have also been suffering from a really bad cold so the past few days my lips have been really flakey and horrible. This little pot has made that all better though. This is such an incredible lipbalm. I apply it before I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up and it's just kept my lips dry all day. I also love the honey scent to it as well. If you haven't tried this yet I'd highly recommend it. It'll be a godsend this winter.

Real Techniques Powder Brush: First of all I'm sorry for the state of my brush in the photo. I literally took these photos in the morning just after I had done my make up so I didn't really had time to wash it. This was one of the only brushes from Real Techniques that I hadn't actually tried yet. I know, I know where have I been...however I absolutely love it. I love how fluffy it is and how it covers your face and just feels really soft as you are applying powder. It took me a while to get used to the size of the brush as I'm used to the slightly smaller sizes however I absolutely love it and definitely makes the process a lot quicker in the morning.

MAC's New York Apple Lipstick: I did a review of this lipstick the other day which you can find HERE so I won't go into it too much. I will say though that this lipstick is so incredibly moisturizing, has great color pay off, is long lasting and will suit most skin tones as well. I also love the deep pinky burgundy shade as I think it's perfect for this time of year. It's definitely not a lipstick I see mentioned a lot in MAC collection videos or blog posts but I would definitely highly recommend it. 

Nails Inc 'Kensington High Street' Nail Polish: Oh looky here, another burgundy product. Oops. I told you I'm a tad obsessed with this color for the autumn. I'm currently sitting in a burgundy shirt and shoes from New Look too. When it comes to my nails I have an awful habit of being a nail biter. It's not good at all however this shade has made me want to grow them and have pretty nails. I'm quite restricted with what colors I can wear on my nails thanks to my job however this is just the right color so I'll definitely be wearing this non-stop throughout the autumn/winter season.

'Per Una Opulence' Perfume: I've been obsessed with perfumes and scents recently and this perfume is actually a perfume my Mum uses but I just love the scent so much. It's so fruity and floral and pretty and the scent lasts all day. I don't really know how else to describe it really but it's a really beautiful fragrance.

NON-BEAUTY

The 'I Can't Sleep' Coloring Book: One of my favorite things to do in life is to color and draw pictures even though I'm useless at drawing. I just find it so therapeutic and I was particularly drawn to this one after seeing the lovely Jess over at Coppergarden mention it in a recent favorites video. As someone who suffers with insomnia quite badly I'm always on the look out for things to help relax me more and I've found it definitely helps. I love making things look pretty and hey, you're never to old to color! 

Journal: Another favorite thing to do is write in my journal. I've kept a journal since I was very young and I will admit occasionally I go through stages of not writing in anything at all and then I just write down everything I'm thinking and feeling and also document everything amazing that happens to me. It's just such a special thing to do and I love reading back on it when I feel sad as it always reminds me that my life is pretty damn amazing and even though I moan I'm extremely lucky. Forgive the sappiness but it's true! 

365 Blog Topic Ideas by Dana Fox: It's no secret that things are slowing down on my blog at the moment due to the fact I have a new job and recently when I've had days off or evenings off when I do want to blog I've just felt so unmotivated. If that makes sense. Like I really want to type up a post but then I lose all motivation or I don't know how to word it and it's not something I really want to force so I've just been leaving it. However this book has been a godsend the past few days as I've got my motivation and love for blogging back and I'm super happy with the content I've produced lately even though it might seem a bit samey. If you haven't got this book and suffer with bloggers block I'd highly recommend it. There's a blog post idea for every day of the year! You're pretty much sorted! 

Gold Mesh Bracelet & Pandora Rose Gold Charms: I turned 24 a month ago and unfortunately my parents were not at home so I didn't get to see them on my birthday as they were on holiday in France. However when they came back they gave me this beautiful gold mesh bracelet which is just stunning. The gold mesh covers these little crystals and it just looks stunning when the light shines on them. I've been wearing them non-stop. Recently I decided to treat myself to some rose gold charms for my pandora bracelet and I've literally been in love. I absolutely love them. I'm planning on treating myself to a ring when payday comes around but the rose gold charms are just so incredible beautiful. I got the little rose gold butterfly and its just so incredibly beautiful and sparkly. 

'Smash' The TV Series: If you love musical theatre and singing then you will love this TV show. I absolutely love it. It basically follows the lives of a group of people trying to make it in to the musical theatre industry and what it takes to put on a show and get it to broadway. It's incredibly eye opening and really inspirational and I just love it. The music in it is just stunning and the talent on this show is just incredible. I'd highly recommend it. There are only two seasons as sadly it got cancelled but I love it! 

Edges The Musical: It's no secret that I'm a musical theatre fan so when I found out 1/5 of the musical theatre boy band Collabro had started his on productions company to put on a show for three weeks I was instantly intrigued. I absolutely love this show. I've seen it twice already and I just can't get the songs out of my head. It's an amazing show. It's ending it's three week run this Saturday which saddens me as I absolutely love it and the talent is just incredible. I am however going to see it two more times. I'm not obsessed or anything I promise. 


Phew, that was a long post. Definitely longer than I thought it would be but I love reading posts like this and I know other people to. I think it's a great way to find out about someone and also discover new products and items you probably wouldn't consider otherwise so I hope you all enjoyed this. Let me know in the comments below if there's anything in this list that you love too! I love finding out I've something in common with people! 

What are your favorites of this month?
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. The bracelet is gorgeous! Real techniques brushes are the best, lovely post :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Thank you so much lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely picks, I really want the Naked 3 palette and that colouring book sounds dreamy!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coloring book is actually amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love that you include both beauty & random favourites :). I haven't heard of that MAC lipstick shade before, but it's a stunner! Plus, I love the idea of the colouring book! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the MAC shade is really underrated haha! & Awww thank you so much!! You should definitely buy the coloring book! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I want this colouring book, gonna have to and get one I think! I have this pink pad of paper from Paperchase, it's gorgeous isn't it!? Kay, www.ohkay-dohkay.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks! I really want that coloring book and the RT powder brush!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend both things! Thank you so much! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the new job! :)

    Thanks for sharing the book! I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel unmotivated after work and leaving a post completely, I've had that trouble a lot recently and I find I have posts from months ago I have wanted to publish and I just can't find the energy to edit them! Definitely going to have to buy this book straight away! :)

    I've also to try the Naked palettes for so long, but don't want to part with the cash haha! Would you say they are worth it?

    Tania | teabee xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tania! I'd highly recommend the book and as for the Naked palette it's definitely worth the money! It's literally the only palette I reach for as so many amazing looks can be made from it! Definitely worth investing in :) xx

      Delete
  7. Great post, my favourites wont be up til later today =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I've just bookmarked your blog so I can head on over and have a look :) xx

      Delete
  8. That's are really nice favorites. I like everything, but i don't know the Serie Smash. The Naked Palette is on my wishlist.
    Liebste Grüße, Mandy - finding Flow -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Smash is amazing! Definitely a series I'd recommend :) xx

      Delete
  9. I'd never seen that colouring book before, it seems great! And I have to agree with you on the Naked 3 Palette, it is a wonderful product <3
    Also, I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Awards! I really enjoy reading your blog, and that's a way of letting you know it! If you'd like to see what this is all about, check out my post about it right here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/09/liebster-blog-awards.html

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Julia! Sorry for the late reply! I'm just getting around to replying to all my blog comments now! Thank you so much for nominating me! I'll definitely check out your post! :) xx

      Delete
  10. That books sounds handy for the times I'n out of inspiration so I will check it out ^-^

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay so I think I definitely need that book in my life - forever having bloggers block!!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing book! You won't regret buying it! :) xx

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love this post! I was always wondering about the 365 blog topic ideas and whether it was worth it.. you've definitely swayed me towards getting it. Not that I have writer's block any time soon as I only just started my blog, but to know there's a book out there that can inspire ideas is awesome! Also I have the Real Techniques powder brush, you won't be disappointed. And the NAKED 3 palette omg.. it's my favorite. So beautiful, especially for the fall time.

    Tee, xx

    http://www.thedalmatinka.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig