25 September 2015

Review | MAC's New York Apple Lipstick


Hey everyone! Hope you are all well and are excited for the weekend ahead! I cannot believe it's coming up towards the end of September. Where is this year going?! I now have a week off work which is absolutely lovely as I haven't really had any time off since I had training in June! It's been crazy and I've so much overtime that I decided this month I would book some time off and have a bit of a break. I think I deserve it. I also think this is the perfect time to get some blog posts written for you all as I have been really awful with it however thank you all for your comments and tweets about my blog. I really appreciate it. Now to get back into the point of this post! 


When I started this blog almost three years ago now, I remember the one brand that I would constantly see being talked about was MAC. Whether it was foundations, powders or lipsticks there wasn't a post I would read where MAC wasn't mentioned. As I was unemployed at the time I used to sit there and silently cry (not really) at the fact I couldn't afford them. However now that I have a bit more money coming in every month I can afford to splurge on a few products here and there. One lipstick that I had my beady eye on for a while was New York Apple. I had a bit of free time at work one day and decided to wonder to the MAC stall in duty free and just browse the lipsticks but I knew I wanted this shade and the girls were absolutely lovely which is a rarity in MAC stores so I had no hesitation in purchasing New York Apple. I absolutely adore the color and I think it is the perfect shade for Autumn/Winter. Keep reading to find out more. 


New York Apple is a frost finish lipstick which I absolutely love. This is basically a frost like shimmer effect once it has been applied to the lips. I didn't think I would like it as I have seen other frost finish lipsticks and I haven't been overly keen on how they look but I've found this one to be just right. One thing I was super excited about when purchasing this lipstick was the packaging. I absolutely love the packaging of MAC lipsticks. I find the black and silver combined, although extremely simple, just makes the lipstick appear that little bit more luxurious on my dressing table or in my make up bag.


The main product itself is absolutely incredible. The color is an extremely beautiful pinky red shade which is absolutely perfect for the autumn/winter season. I love how shiny it looks on the lips and sometimes when it catches the light it looks light it has tiny specks of rose gold in it. And I'm sure you all know how much I love rose gold. It's also the perfect shade for everyday wear whether you are going to work or to school/college/university or even on a night out this is just one of those shades that is perfect for every single day and occasion. It's one of those lipsticks that you can apply quite lightly and still get a good color from. However you can also build it up nicely to how you want it to look on the lips which is another bonus point,

When it comes to the texture of the lipstick it's definitely something I was very impressed with. I find that it is very creamy which is what I love in lip products. I think it's super easy to apply but doesn't make it that slippery which is always a worry of mine when it comes to lipsticks. I love how moisturizing this feels on the lips too. It definitely reminds me of the Revlon lip butters which happen to be some of my all time favorite lip products. Also if you hate sticky lipsticks then do not worry as this is just incredible and definitely doesn't make your lips sticky which to me is definitely an added bonus.

I find that this product also lasts quite a long time on the lips as well. I love the pink tint it leaves on the lips before you need to reapply it as it doesn't disappear completely which is definitely a bonus point as when I'm at work I definitely do not have time to keep touching up my make up so I love the fact my lips are always tinted a little bit. If you're looking for a perfect autumn lipstick I'd highly recommend this shade.


Overall I absolutely love this lipstick. I think the color is just beautiful, the lasting power is amazing, it's moisturizing and I love that it doesn't feel that heavy on the lips too which can be the case with some lipsticks. If you are looking for your first MAC lipstick that's perfect for the autumn/winter months I would highly recommend New York Apple as it's a shade that suits all skin tones and just the perfect color. Have you used New York Apple before? 

What are your favorite lipsticks for Autumn/Winter?
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oooo such a pretty shade =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a beautiful shade! Definitely swatching this one on my next shopping trip!

    Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful! I don't know why it isn't raved about more! :( xx

      Delete
  3. such a beautiful shade! i just reviewed syrup and whirl over on my blog! x

    GeorgiaNicolaou Blog | Bloglovin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I'll definitely need to check that out! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig