6 August 2015

Summer Reading Recommendations


Hey everyone! So the summer holidays are here and so many people on twitter and facebook and even instagram are all jetting off on their new adventures abroad. Lots of tweets I've been seeing recently have been asking for some good holiday books. These four books that are photographed are the first four that popped into my head. Every single one of them are so easy to read and perfect for holidays. They are all along the lines of rom-coms though so if you're not into that sort of thing then I would highly advise you to exit this post now. I'm going to do this post a bit differently instead of reviewing them and tell you what they are like. Obviously I'm writing this post so you already know how much I love all these books but so that you can make your own minds up I will write the synopsis of each book first and then tell you my thoughts in a couple of lines! 


Love, Rosie (Originally Called Where Rainbows End) - Cecilia Ahern
Synopsis: Sometimes fate can't stop meddling...Since childhood Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But they are separated when Alex and his family move from Dublin to America. Their magical connection remains but can their friendship survive the years and miles? Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them apart-until now. But will they gamble everything - including their friendship - on true love? And what twists and surprises does fate have in store for them this time. 

This book is by the same author who wrote PS I Love You, Cecelia Ahern, so I knew it was bound to be good and I wasn't disappointed. I absolutely love it. I love books that follow relationships of two people who have remained friends since a very young age and this hasn't disappointed. If you didn't already know, Love, Rosie is now a film too however I'd highly recommend reading the book first. It's incredible. I absolutely love the characters especially Rosie. She just reminds me so much of myself. Definitely a book that will make you both laugh and cry in equal measure. 

The Single Girls To Do List - Lindsey Kelk
Synopsis: Rachel Summers loves a to-do list. Boyfriend, flat, great job. NOT on the list: Being dumped. Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to her rescue with an entirely new kind of list: The Single Girl's To Do List. Rachel doesn't know it, but it will take her on all kinds of wild adventures - and get her in some romantic pickles too. And when it won't be a case of what but who she decides to tick off. Mr Bendy yoga instructor, Mr teenage sweetheart, Mr Persistent Ex, Mr deeply unsuitable. The Single Girl's To Do List gives Rachel the perfect heartbreak cure and proves love is out there if you're willing to take a chance. 

This was the first Lindsey Kelk book I ever read. I think it was Zoe who actually spoke about it on her twitter and got me intrigued about it, so I decided to go out and buy it and I wasn't left disappointed. I absolutely love it. It's such a feel good story that is perfect to read if you're going through your own heartbreak! We all need friends like Emelie and Matthew in our lives! It's the perfect holiday book! I actually really want this book made into a film! 

Can You Keep A Secret? - Sophie Kinsella
Synopsis: Emma is sitting on a turbulent plane. She's always been a very nervous flyer. She really thinks that this could be her last moment. So naturally enough she starts telling the man sitting next to her, quite a dishy American, but she's too frightened to notice all her most innermost secrets. How she scans the backs of intellectual books and pretends she's read them. How she does her hair up like Princess Leia in her bedroom. How she's not sure if she has a G-spot and whether her boyfriend could find it anyway. How she feels like a fraud at work - everyone uses the word operational all the time but she hasn't a clue what it means. How the coffee at work is horrible. How she once threw a troublesome client file in the bin. If ever there was a bare soul, it's hers. She survives the flight, of course, and the next morning the famous founding boss of the whole mega corporation she works for is coming for a look at the UK branch. As he walks around, Emma looks up and realizes...It's the man from the plane. What will he do with her secrets? He knows them all - but she doesn't know a single one of his. Or...does she? 

There are not enough words in the English language to describe just how much I love this book. It's honestly incredible and perfect for your holidays. There's definitely a few lessons to take away from this book such as honesty, standing up for yourself and most importantly trust. Make sure you know exactly who to trust before sharing your secrets. I think this is the perfect book for reading when you're chilling out besides the pool. 

Dream A Little Dream  - Giovanna Fletcher 
Synopsis: Sarah is doing just fine. Sure she's been single for the last give years, and has to spend an uncomfortable amount of time around her ex-boyfriend and their mutual friends, and the rest at her tediously mundane job, but it's fine. She's happy(ish). But it's not surprising that when Sarah starts dreaming about a handsome stranger, she begins looking forward to falling asleep at night. Reality isn't nearly as exciting. That is until her dream-stranger makes an unexpected real-life appearance, leaving Sarah questioning everything she thought she wanted. Because people never really find the person of their dreams...do they? 

I don't know what it is about Giovanna Fletcher's books but it literally always takes me a day to get through her books. They are just so brilliantly written and so hard to put down. If you don't know who Giovanna Fletcher is she is Tom from McFly's wife. If you are looking for a book about friendship and unrequited love then this is for you. It's just amazing and so beautifully written. All of Giovanna's books have me wishing they could be made into films as they are just so good and I can always picture the characters in my head. 


I love every single one of these books and I would definitely re-read them as they are all incredible. Even if you're not off on holiday and maybe just in the mood for some good reading material then these are definitely four books that I'd highly recommend they are so good. If you can recommend me some reads too, it doesn't matter what genre then make sure to leave them in the comments below as I absolutely love reading and always on the look out for some new books. 

What have you been reading lately? 
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I love all your recommendations - they all seem like something I'd definitely read x

    touchofgucci.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Books for the Summer ; If You Love the Fantasy Many Suggestions for You : Tolkien , Harry Potter Saga , A. Clarke , Twilight Saga , Game of Thrones Saga & Many Others...the Summer is the Time to Read : for me the Relax of Readin' is a Very Good Thing...But After the Summer a Person Must Search the Time to Read ( Beyond the Work & Stress...). Thanks for Your Suggestions My Dear Danielle , Have Magic Holidays , lol !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Fleur and thank you for your suggestions too! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Can you keep a secret is hands down one of my favourite rom-com books! I forgot the name of it a while back and lost my book but you mentioning it now has made me want to read it again.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it?! :) definitely read it again! :) xx

      Delete
  4. These all sound like cool books gal!! I'll definitely check em out!! awesome post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be looking into putting love rosie and single to do list onto my reading list! Great post


    Sonam - http://fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey Kelk is my absolute favourite! You should definitely read her I Heart series, I've got a review on my blog if you want to have a read :) Definitely recommend x

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read her I HEART series already! I've just got I HEART Christmas left to read but I'm saving that as my Christmas book haha! I agree that they are absolutely amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I'm definitely about to add all of these to my reading list. I've never read any Sophie Kinsella books but they sound right up my street!

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first one I've read by her but I really want to read 'Wedding Night' next! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig