Pages

Categories

27 August 2015

August Beauty Round Up


Hey Everyone! So it actually feels really really weird writing a monthly favorites post. I don't actually think I've written one of these since May? That's a long time and very unusual! Although to be fair I actually haven't had many new favorites so I would have probably just reeled off the exact same products I've mentioned a thousand times before. However, this month I did discover some new favorites so I thought why not do a post telling you all about them and why I love them. Enjoy!

Silvikrin Classic Hairspray 
Putting a hairspray in a monthly favorites post is not something that you see done all the time but I absolutely love this hairspray. It really just keep my hair in place all day and is not sticky or anything like other hairsprays either. I absolutely love it. At work it's a requirement to have our hair up in a bun and because my hair is so long I always have bits falling out here and there however this just prevents that. It's just amazing.

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne
I bought this fragrance for my Mum for Christmas last year and absolutely adored it myself and this month I visited London quite a bit, especially Covent Garden. They have a Jo Malone there and one day I just couldn't resist and decided to purchase it for myself. I've never owned anything from Jo Malone so I was so excited to finally be able to use this. I only use this for special occasions so I know that this will last me a while but I absolutely love it. It smells very fruity, however contains some notes that make it have a little bit of a spicy sent as well. I have no idea if that made any sense as I'm not one to describe scents but this smells incredible and I'd highly recommend it.

The Body Shop's Glazed Apple Lip Balm 
Last year I bought about 10 of these so please don't think I've been using just one since Christmas as the answer is no! I absolutely love this scent. It's just Christmas in a lip balm! I absolutely love it and like everything else in the body shop range it's just so super moisturizing. It's definitely one of the best lip balms I've ever used and I really hope The Body Shop brings back this range this year!

Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick in 'Stellar Pink' 
I absolutely love this lipstick. It is one of my all time favorites to wear after the revlon lip butters. I absolutely love the formula and the color and I think it is super long lasting on the lips as well. I've been meaning to pick up a couple more of these but I haven't had the opportunity yet so hopefully in the future I'll be able to do that.


Boots Botanic Hydrating Day Cream 
When it comes to moisturizers I try everything as I am yet to find my holy grail product and even though this doesn't quite scream holy grail to me just yet it's still an incredible moisturizer. What I love about this moisturizer is that you can really notice a difference on your skin. It's a really brightening cream and incredible hydrating. You can still feel it at the end of the day working which I absolutely love. I also love the fact that this has SPF 15 in it which makes it pretty perfect for the summer months. I have a full review coming of this moisturizer and more products in the Boots Botanics range so make sure to stay tuned for that.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation 
I bought this foundation a while ago, loved it, then put it in a drawer and totally forgot about it. Whoops! However I rediscovered it this month and absolutely adore it. I absolutely love the coverage which is quite medium but can be buildable. I love the dewy satiny finish it leaves on my skin and it just does an excellent job of covering all my blemishes on my face. I just love it.

The Body Shop's Virgin Mojito Body Butter
This range from The Body Shop has probably been my favorite range all summer. I absolutely love it. It smells absolutely incredible but like all body butters from TBS it's just so incredible hydrating and moisturizing and even though sometimes I've found the body butters to be too thick to use during the summer I have been using this non-stop. It's just incredible. I don't know if this range is only in stores for the summer but I would definitely head out their fast and purchase it as it's amazing. 

Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi with Velvet Smooth Intense Cream 
I'm planning on doing a full review of this soon as I think it's something everyone should have but words can't express how much I love this thing. I spotted an advert on TV about it and just knew I had to have it. I have really hard skin at the bottom of my feet. It's horrible. However using this thing just prevents it. The moisturizer just gives that added soft feel to your feet so apply it as soon as you've removed the hard skin with your express pedi, however please don't do what I do and walk around as soon as you apply the moisturizer, especially if you have wooden/tiled floors. Not the best idea in the world. HA! Stay tuned for my full review on this coming soon. 

So there we have it, all my beauty favorites for August. I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have used any of these products mentioned here before then please let me know what you thought in the comments below. 


What have been your beauty favorites this month?
Hugs and Kisses

4 comments:

  1. Nice favourites! I love the Boots Botanics face cream too, I had the oily skin one and it was great. The Body Shop body butter must smell amazing! Recently I've been loving the l'Oreal Infallible foundation, I'ved used it everyday and it's quite good :)

    Julia xx
    Check out my retro makeup look here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/08/my-retro-makeup-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Totally into that pedicure product! I also have really tough feet and have been hoping to find something to help that! One of my current beauty favorites is the Conair True Glow Sonic Cleansing brush which is supposed to be like a dupe for the clarisonic and it's been doing wonders for cleansing my skin :)

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair spray, I have it too, couldn't be without it xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the Boots Botanics range. I couldn't live without the day cream x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign