27 July 2015

Life Lately...


Well, where do I even begin with this post?! I guess the polite thing to do would be to apologize for my lack of content lately! I've just been so busy that I've totally neglected my blog which is something I never thought I would do so for that I apologize. Secondly, I'd like to thank you all for your lovely comments, tweets and emails regarding my blog lately. I've received some lovely supportive encouraging messages especially when I've been feeling really low about it so thank you much. 

If you weren't already aware for the past month and a bit I've been training for a new job. As you can probably tell from the photo above that job is with British Airways. Training was an intense full time 6 day a week experience with a couple of exams that I just had to pass if not I wouldn't be writing this post now. The pass mark for both was 80% and I got 81% in the first one and 95% in the second one which I was overjoyed about! It did mean however that I had no life for that month, however all my hard work paid off and I'm officially a BA staff member and I couldn't be happier. 

I spent six years of my life studying tourism as that was always the industry I wanted to work in and last year it seemed to pay off by me getting a job with Thomas Cook over in Turkey for six months. I absolutely loved it and it was definitely one of the best experiences of my life and was something I was looking forward to doing again this year however, I felt that I needed to get something a bit more permanent in the UK so I applied for so many jobs and didn't get anywhere which I'm sure you all know can be a bit daunting and upsetting. Finally the opportunity came up to work for BA and as I've always wanted to work in an airport I applied! I just love the atmosphere and the hustle and bustle of it all and it just makes me really happy being in that sort of environment. I'm just so happy that all my hard work paid off and I got the job and passed training. Now here I am about to start my second week in my BA career and I'm so excited. 

I work shift times so this could be an incredibly early start, or a later start and because of this I've been so exhausted and so tired. When I have had free time I've been spending it seeing my family and my friends and let's be honest here, sleeping because I definitely need a lot of that at the moment as I'm sure those of you who do shift work will be aware of! Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind shift work at all and even though it has been hard and there was a few tears throughout training I believe I am in the right job. I love how busy it is, I love the different types of people I work with on a daily basis, I love people watching and most of all I just love that no two days are ever the same. I work across two terminals which are both completely different and I absolutely love the different atmospheres in both of them. 

Right now in my life I am extremely happy. I have amazing friends, my family even though it's hard to get their full support sometimes are happy that I'm happy and I'm in a job I've always dreamed of having. If this experience has taught me anything is to never doubt yourself. Always believe in yourself and work hard. No dream is ever to big or too far to reach. Life is good and I am so excited to see what the rest of 2015 has to offer. It didn't get off to the best start but is now looking incredible! I'll end this post here by showing you a few photos from my graduation day at BA.


Is there anything in your life that you are extremely happy about at the moment? 
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. wow!! Tourism is something I believe would be very interesting! Congratz on the amazing scores!
    Right now, I'm doing engineering but I'd love to do something with a lot of travelling . Good Luck!


    I really like your Posts & you have great Pictures. Would you like to support each other and follow?
    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Enjoy your new experiences. This sounds like a very exciting time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Nice to see some hard work really pay off :) I know I could never do shift work haha but I bet you are looking forward to that staff travel eh? x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have no idea how much I am looking forward to that haha!! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your job! I am so glad your doing what you love, tourism sounds really interesting x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh it really is! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I am super proud of you! And glad you're happy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you!!! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love the airport atmosphere as well. There is just something special about it. 😄
    Looks like a lovely uniform.

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I absolutely love it! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig