1 July 2015

A New Month, A New Outlook On Life...


So this is one of those posts that I am writing late at night because it's something I've been thinking about a lot the past couple of days and I have had such a heavy heart and been a little bit overwhelmed with how sad I've been feeling but hopefully this post will make sense to some of you, particularly those of you who have been on social media over the weekend.

This weekend was a busy one for me. I was completing my training for my new role with British Airways where I started at 8AM and didn't finish till around 5-5:30PM in the afternoon. During this time I heard about the horrible situation in Tunisia where a man took a gun and shot 38+ people dead. These people were on holiday with their family and friends. I know people who are working in Tunisia with Thomas Cook doing the same role I did last year and to think that could have happened to them just makes me so sad. Fast forward to the next day and I see a tweet from Lily Melrose to say a lovely girl from the blogging community was amongst those who had been shot. I won't lie by telling you I honestly burst into tears. I didn't know the girl that much and exchanged a few tweets via the bloggers chats but to know that happened to someone I interacted with just made me feel so incredibly sad.

Fast forward 24 hours and I see more tweets about a blogger who had sadly passed away that evening. 2 beautiful girls from the blogging community were taken from us. 2 girls who are near enough the same age as me, who blogged and tweeted and lived their lives doing what they loved like I am. 2 girls who I interacted with and whose blogs I read regularly. To know they are no longer with us and to know I'll never ever see a tweet or blog post from them ever again fills me up with great sadness. I will not mention their names as I do not want to use their names purely for a blog post as that's just heartless but I felt like this post was important for me to write anyway as I've realised I need to stop being such a negative person and start living life to the fullest as it's events like this that make you realise how lucky you are to be alive.

It is now July. It is now the 7th month of 2015 and next month I'll be turning 24 years old. If any of these events have taught me anything it is that life is so incredibly precious and way to short. To think that 10 years ago I was doing my GCSEs is just so scary and looking back over the past 10 years I found myself thinking 'What have I done? What have I been doing with my life?'. I've been given so many opportunities and have taken the bare minimum and I have so much regret for this however that was in the past and I shouldn't have regrets about this as obviously it was what I wanted back then.

From now on I promise to do the following things.

  • Take every opportunity that presents itself to me even if I have doubts. If you don't try you will never know.
  • Tell everyone in my life how much they mean to me and say 'I Love You' to everyone in my life. This is a hard one for me as I'm not a very expressive person. I rarely tell people I love them or how much they mean to me as I'm scared and terrified of the reaction. I just don't open up easily however I've realised now that I have too as we never know how long we have left. 
  • If I want to do something do it. Don't think 'That can be done tomorrow' or 'I'll save it for a rainy day'. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. 
  • Look at things more from a positive point of view. For example I'm finding my job training really hard at the moment and I'm thinking really negatively about it rather than thinking 'This . is one of those jobs that I've always wanted, if I work hard enough and put 110% effort in then I can do it. I can complete the training and start living life a lot more.
  • Challenge my shyness. I'm an incredibly shy person. I've never had a boyfriend and I can barely speak to new people because I'm so quite and scared and worried about their first impressions of me and now I realise I have to let all that go and become more confident within myself as I know this is one way I'll fulfill becoming a more confident person. 
  • Stop feeling guilty about spending money. As a close friend once told me, we don't take our money with us when we leave this world. If we want something or have finally saved up for something do it! Life is too short for umms and ahhs. 
The fact that two beautiful young girls have left this world without even getting a change to see it properly and fulfill all the dreams and wishes that they had brings such sadness to my heart. My thoughts are with all their family and friends. I posted this on twitter the other day but I'll post it here to for those of you who don't follow me on there. I'm sending out so much love to all of you today. Like I said earlier in this post, life is way to short and way to precious. Live it to the fullest and of course we will have days when we fill sad and that the whole world is against as and things may seem like they'll never be the same again but I promise you it will be. Every cloud has a silver lining. You are all beautiful and amazing and you deserve to hear that at least once a day. Be kind to each other too as like the quote states 'Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle'. 

I hope this post made sense as it's one I've been wanting to write for a long time but never really knew how to word it but I hope you understand what I mean. The blogging community has been one filled with so much sadness the past few days but it has been amazing to see what a tight knit group we all are and how we are there for one another and do our best to make sure everyone is picked up if we are feeling down. Yes it may have it's dramas but we all pull together when something tragic happens and I think that's one of the most beautiful things about it. This will definitely be one of those posts that I'll look back on next time I'm angry and moaning about something that really won't matter in the next 10 minutes. 


Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I absolutely love the quotes you've featured in this post and your goals are all amazing and very inspiring <3 I can relate to a lot of what you said as I've been feeling the same way since last weekend. It's really made me realise how much I take my days for granted sometimes and I'm putting steps in place now to make my life more positive and happy :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww this comment made me so happ! I'm glad you can relate to this and that it's made you realise that it's important to become more positive and happy! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig