10 June 2015

Beauty Things I Suck At


Hey everyone! So today I thought I would another light hearted post for you all. I've been watching a lot of beauty videos over the past few weeks and watching how people do their make up and everything and it got me thinking about beauty things I'm completely rubbish at. I've seen this on a few blogs before and even in a few YouTube videos so I thought why not do my own version of this? I'm sure there are lots of you out there who will be interested in this post as let's face it the majority of us blog about beauty and show off products that we have been using but I'm sure there's lots to do with beauty where we get a bit stressed out because it doesn't turn out the way we want it or we are totally useless at it. So before I ramble on a bit too much let's get into it.

Eyebrows: This definitely has to come first. I am completely hopeless at doing anything with my eyebrows. I literally cannot do anything with them. I'm always pluck them the wrong way so I literally just leave it to the professionals now. In fact and this will probably shock a lot of you but I actually didn't do anything with my eyebrows until I was around 19/20. They were absolutely awful and look hideous but plucking them hurt way to much, I didn't want to get them waxed as I had heard so many horror stories about that and the thought of having them threaded really did make me want to scream. I was terrified. I remember my mum, Aunt and me all going out shopping and they both got their eyebrows done and I just point blank refused to get mine done as I have such a low pain threshold and was terrified. Now of course I am totally used to it and even though I dread getting them done it's worth it in the end.

Doing My Own Hair: I'm absolutely hopeless at doing my own hair. Whether it's going to get it trimmed to styling it, I just never seem to get it right. I can never curl or straighten it properly. Whenever I put it up there's always a lumpy bit at the top and even when I put it half up half down it's always a mess and just doesn't last long. That's why I literally just have it down and don't bother to do anything with it. Even tying it up takes absolute ages purely because my hair is so thick that no hair ties ever go around my hair properly.

False Eyelashes: Not going to lie here, I'm not a massive false eyelash wearer. I'm just not a huge fan of them however there have been a couple of occasions where I have tried to wear them if I am going for a more girly fluttery eye look and it just hasn't worked out at all. I've ended up looking awful and I just don't find that this is the sort of thing I can pull off at all. However with the Benefit's Roller Lash now in my life I find no need to even take a second glance at false eyelashes! Yay for Benefit!

Not Applying Make Up Properly: Yeah, you'll never ever see me with a full face of make up. Ever. I always completely forget something. This could be eyeliner, lip gloss, blusher, powder, I always forget something. In fact the only things I actually do remember at times are foundation, concealer and powder. Sometimes I forget a primer and just go straight in with the moisturiser and then foundation. I'm honestly HOPELESS! It's this sort of thing that makes me glad I hardly blog about beauty at times as I never ever feel like that's what I should be blogging about as I'm useless! I do anyway of course because I still use a ton of products.

French Plaits: Ever since I was a little girl I have loved having plaits in my hair. I go to bed all the time with some sort of plait in my hair. This could be pigtails or a fishtail braid. However when it comes to the French plait I epically fail and I have no idea why. I just cannot do it. I have tried and failed epically. If you are able to do this with no problems whatsoever please teach me! It's just so fiddly!

Painting My Nails: Now this is quite a tricky one for me anyway as I have a horrible habit of biting my nails when I get anxious or nervous. It's literally what I do to cope and it's something I haven't been able to change. I have cut down on this a lot though so my nails are in fairly good condition at the moment. However, I am hopeless at painting them. They always smudge, or I'm not happy with how I've done a certain hand. I just can't do them and I have quite a lot of nail polish in my room too which tend to go to waste because in the end I just give up. I definitely have to improve on this as I do like painting my nails. I'm just rubbish at it.

Winged Eyeliner: So normal eyeliner I am absolutely fine at. I can do it just find but if I am ever going out anywhere and try the little flicks I might as well just put on a Halloween costume as well. I'm just useless at it and I end up looking horrific and very often end up having to redo most of my make up which is a waste of product, time and money! I just can't be bothered trying this anymore. This is why if I had all the money in the world I'd hire a personal make up artist!

Washing Make Up Brushes: Let's be honest here, for those of us who wear foundation, concealer and powder every single day, how much of a chore is it to actually wash all of our brushes? I tend to give my brushes a wash every two weeks and even then sometimes I forget. Oops. I know it sounds really unhygienic and I'm sorry if you're sitting there reading this and totally disgusted. I am getting better though and setting myself little reminders on my phone every couple of weeks just to remind me to do them. There is after all no better feeling than applying make up with freshly cleaned brushes. Everything just applies a lot easier and better too.



So there's a longer than expecting list of beauty things that I am totally useless at. I've really enjoyed writing this post and have had a good old chuckle to myself as I've been writing it as well. Let me know in the comments if there's anything here that you can relate to.

What beauty things do you tend to struggle with?

Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Ooh, washing my brushes :s They really need a clean. It's pure laziness :) also the fake eyelashes, not my thing! I'm getting better at the winged eyeliner every time though hehe, keep practicing!

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll definitely keep on trying! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I'm totally with you on the eyebrow thing! I totally pluck my own eyebrows but I get so dang lazy I let it go for far too long...I am truly considering just having them done because I'm so lazy! Great post XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I always leave long periods of time before getting mine done! I just get too scared because of the pain haha! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm terrible at doing my own hair (which is funny because my mom is a hairdresser). I also don't do anything fancy like winged eyeliner. I am good at doing nails though.
    Classy Country Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you need to teach me how to do my nails! Totally hopeless at that! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm the exact same when it comes to false lashes! No matter how hard I try they don't go on nicely. I too usually opt for a really good mascara or rely on my sister to apply them when need be!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a good mascara is a number one necessity for me haha! :) xx

      Delete
  5. hihi Love this post! I can really relate to this! I love beauty and doing my make up but I am the worst at most of it lol
    xx
    Curvybird.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I don't know anyone who's 100% perfect at it lol! :) xx

      Delete
  6. This post is so good- I definitely feel the Same way to you about winged eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Yeah winged eyeliner is just...let's not even go there lol! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I'm totally with you on the eyebrows, winged eyeliner and false eyelashes! I watch so many youtube tutorials on how to do a side plait in my hair, but it always goes horribly wrong when I try it! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh gosh me too!! Took me ages to learn how to master the fishtail braid until I watched Niomi's youtube video! So helpful! :) xx

      Delete
  8. Fleur. Oh my goodness. I stink at so many of these as well! Haha. Especially the winged eye liner. I've basically given up on wearing eyeliner at all because I'm so utterly horrible at applying it. I also end up accidentally poking myself in the eye with it as well. I never get how I always end up hurting myself. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too!! I only wear eyeliner on the bottom lashline, that's it lol! I've never poked myself in the eye though! Touch wood lol! :) xx

      Delete
  9. I'm so bad at doing my own hair and washing my makeup brushes too. The struggle is real sometimes!

    http://www.breakfastatvogueblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Washing makeup brushes is seriously such a downfall - I just can't be bothered haha! It's so time consuming. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See when it comes to washing my make up brushes I actually really enjoy it haha! I'm just weird lol! :) xx

      Delete
  11. I'm terrible at winged liner as well! It's so hard to find the right product for it and then my hand is always so shaky, haha! Always ends in disaster! I'm also lazy at washing my makeup brushes! I really need to get better at this ;-)

    clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god same!! I have the shakiest hands in existence! :) xx

      Delete
  12. This post made me laugh along in agreement! I can relate to so many of these! What a great post.

    Elle du Jour xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad it made you laugh! Thank you so much Elle :) xx

      Delete
  13. Ahah I also forgot to clean my brushes!! Thanks for reminding me! ^-^
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so similar. I also have all these problems

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig