20 May 2015

What Would I Tell My Teenage Self?


Heya Everyone! I can't believe that today is the 20th May! Where is this year going? Anyway, before I get to involved with how fast the year is going let's get back into the point of this post. Today I thought that I would revisit my teenage years. I've been reflecting a lot recently by looking at old pictures and it just amazes me how much I have changed as a person as well. I really like the concept of this post and believe me there are so many things that I would tell my younger self if I could. So let's get started and please bare in mind I will be writing this post as if I'm talking to my 16 year old self so don't think I'm talking to you as you read this post. Enjoy!

Stop taking life so seriously and worrying about every little thing. Don't worry about being in the bottom sets at school and don't be so upset about having to redo your GCSE's because that retake year will turn out to be one of the best school years of your life. You will end up passing your GCSE retakes with flying colors. Don't worry about a certain teacher telling you that you will never get to university and choosing not to let you do a-levels. You will get a place studying a pretty amazing qualification at college which will then take you on to university where you will graduate with a second class honours degree proving that awful teacher wrong and making your parents proud of you. It will be the best feeling in the world. 

Don't worry about not having a boyfriend. Boys at that age are annoying, immature and quite frankly you are better off without them. Don't worry about being single because you are 15 years old and still have plenty of time to get a boyfriend. Don't choose to be in a relationship for the sake of it or because all your friends appear to be. Talk to that boy you like and try to become friends. Stop talking to him on MSN all night and pluck up the courage to talk to him in school. You really like him so go speak to him! You will just regret it for the next few years if you don't! You will also come across some pretty disgusting excuses for men and witness friends' relationships that will make you glad you are single trust me! They just aren't worth it!

When it comes to friends, focus on your true friends and quit trying so hard to fit in within the popular crowd. A group of boys and girls who really don't care about you and who take pleasure in teasing you and making your life hard. Do not invite them to your 16th birthday party as you have nothing in common with them and they will not appreciate the effort you have made. They will not say thank you and their behavior will cause your Dad to kick them out at 10PM. They are not your friends and do not care in the slightest about you. They might act like it but they aren't. They are your classmates. Even though they might seem 'cool', believe me when I say the coolest people you know are your current group of friends who six years later you will still have lots in common with and will be closer than ever to. These close friends warn you about the group you are trying to fit in with so listen to them and be sure to take on board what they say! They might just end up saving you from regret! Also remember that even those these people's lives might be perfect they are all struggling with their own battles and their life is definitely not as perfect as it seems to be. 

No matter what your parents say they will always love you. Don't shout and scream back at them. Ignore them. Put headphones in when your Mum starts to moan or call you really hurtful names or just go out for walk or go to your room. If she is asking you to do something do it properly, no matter if you have a lunch date to get to, get that done first and then go out. Yes you'll want to leave home and never come back, yes you will wish your parents would leave you alone but just try reasoning with them in order to get something in return. Realize that even though you might not need them as much, now that you are older, they need you as they, themselves, are also getting older and need your help. Appreciate your parents and love them unconditionally no matter how hard it may be sometimes. 

Don't worry about not having a proper job throughout school,  college and university. You still have your little job at the tutor center working with children of all ages and even though you think  it doesn't count for much this is the job and experience that will get you an incredible job with Thomas Cook working as an Overseas Children's Representative which is pretty amazing and a once in a lifetime opportunity! You will be achieving two of your dreams at once. Travelling abroad and working abroad. That's what you call killing two birds with one stone! After this job the six months experience will land you a pretty amazing job with British Airways which is a massive travel company and will basically kick start your career in an industry you spent a year at school studying, 2 years at college studying and then a further 3 years at university studying. All that hard work will pay off eventually and although you will get really upset and cry and think you're not getting anywhere in the world you will. Give it time.

Start Your Blog Now. Apart from playing tennis and going shopping you don't  really have a hobby and spend the remainder of the time reading books or watching TV which is good but having more than one hobby will be extremely beneficial. You might not be the best at it but you will have found something that you love and are passionate about and it will be something that can lead to amazing opportunities. You will meet and come across some amazing people that will inspire and motivate you as well as be learning new skills too. It will open a lot of doors and increase your happiness and confidence too. 

Enjoy life to the fullest! You will be extremely healthy and happy. You will have an amazing group of friends who even though you don't see as much as you would like to anymore are only a phone call away. You will still argue with your family but you will know how much they love you and want the best for you. You will eventually start your own beauty and lifestyle blog that will introduce you to a world you didn't know existed and improve your confidence massively. Make sure to take each day as it comes and live your life to the fullest.

Remember that you only have one life and are only young once so just remember that the best moments of your life are still to come. Relax, work hard and have fun with the people in your life who love you and just want the best for you. 

Good Luck!
A Soon To Be 24 Year Old Fleur

*16 Year Old Fleur Danielle Griffin* 

What would you tell your younger self? 
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Is that you on the title picture? It looks adorable. I really want a sweater like that v_v
    I would tell my teenage self to move out earlier. I moved out when I was 17 and it was the best decision I ever made. Looking back now, I should have done it way earlier, maybe aged 14. It had a very positive influence on my life. Other than that, I would like to tell my teenage self that I love her, because that's what I needed to hear more often back then ♥
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo it's not, I found the photo on google and just thought it'll be nice to illustrate this post :) and aww that's so interesting! I could never move out at 14 haha! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aw such a lovely post Fleur! And congrats on the new job with BA! I'd tell my teenage self pretty similar things to be honest - the big one being to just completely enjoy the freedom you get as a teenager as they really are some of the best days of your life!

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth! :) Oh yeah I completely agree with that one! We definitely take our teenage years for granted!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. First one is so importatnt to me! I still am a teenager but I remember that I used to worry about stupidest little things and every note and test was so important to me. I would say that I need to take it easy with school otherwise I could miss lessons of life

    sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with this!! You can do it! :) xx

      Delete
  4. great post, congratulations on your new job :)
    I am your new follower and will be very happy if you check my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so so much! :) Of course I'll check out your blog! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig