Pages

Categories

23 May 2015

10 Ideas Of What To Do When You're Having A Bad Day


Hey everyone! So today I thought I would do a post offering a few tips on what to do when you're having a bad day. We all have those days where we feel upset and down about different things. We get really angry and annoyed over little things and often have those days where everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong. It's really hard and tiring and at the moment I am having an awful lot of those days to the point where I have a breakdown. It's really not good but I've been trying to challenge all that negativity into positivity so I thought why not share all these things with you.

Go For A Walk: One of the things I love to do when I'm angry or upset is going for a long walk or even a run. Okay let's be honest it's more like speed walking. However and getting back to the point of this walking really does help. It gets you out in the fresh air which allows you to clear your head. It's to just take a walk and perhaps take some music with you and just listen. There's nothing like Taylor Swift's Shake It Off playing in your ear to help you forget all the negative things going on in your life. It's a perfect way to calm yourself down too.

Rant: Whether it's ranting to a friend or writing things down and just getting it off your chest ranting can really help see things and help you gain a new perspective on the situation as well. You may in your head as you talk about it come up with a solution for the problem or think up ways to make a certain situation better. I tend to write everything down in my diary when I am in a bad mood. It just helps me to see the light.

Watch A Funny TV Show/Film: You know that saying 'Laughter is the best medicine'. It really is true. There really is nothing better than putting on your favourite TV show and just laughing your head off. Not literally obviously. Currently my favourite TV show to watch is the Gilmore Girls. So witty and hilarious, great pick up lines and great sarcastic humour. I know most of you out there will turn to Friends but I'd highly recommend Gilmore Girls if you haven't picked it up yet, I just love it so much.

Switch Off All Forms Of Social Media: Social media is amazing for making people feel angry. Sometimes when I've had a bad day I'll go on social media (not going to lie, a lot of the time to rant but I do refrain from this) and see a tweet or post that I disagree with and it just really makes me angry. I'm sure a lot of you out there are the same. I just find switching everything off for a couple of hours and just reading a good book or even just lying down and reflecting for a little bit helps. It really isn't healthy to constantly be on social media so taking a break is always a good idea.

Gym: Now I know you're thinking 'I'm angry and the last thing I want to do is to get all hot and sweaty down at the gym' however trust me when I say it really does. There's nothing like taking your anger out on a tread mill and weight machine or getting in the pool and going for a swim to not only get rid of all that anger, but also get fit and healthy at the same time. It's a win-win situation and you'll end up feeling a lot better afterwards. Nobody ever regrets exercise.

Create A Positive Playlist & Blast It As Loud As Possible: I recently made a playlist on my phone of all my favourite upbeat songs that I love to sing and dance along too. I've been playing it non stop recently and it really does help me cheer up. There's nothing like singing along and dancing into a hairbrush around your room or in the shower using the shower head as a microphone. It really does cheer you up and put you in the most amazing mood.

Have A Relaxing Bath: Of course if it's quite late in the evening or you're not in the mood to do anything then perhaps having a quite relaxing bath will do the trick for you. Light a few candles, maybe get a glass of wine and just relax and chill out. Maybe play some nice relaxing mood in the background to really just set off that mood and help you to relax further. It really will help to just put your worries to one side for a few hours and just chill out and forget about everything.

Read A Book: Once you have had your bath or gone to the gym or just walked away from a certain situation and switched off all forms of social media getting into a really good book is also a way of just releasing that tension and escaping for a little bit. It's really relaxing and can help you see things in a new way too. I always read rom-com type books when I'm in a bit of a funk as they make me cry which is perfect if that's what you need to do or just sometimes make me burst out laughing which like I said above really does help put me in a better mood.

Have A De-Clutter: Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I will just head upstairs to my room and shut myself away from the outside world for a little bit. However sometimes when I go up there's stuff all over the place and it just makes me even more crabby so I always find cleaning and tidying stuff away helps calm me down and feel relaxed.

Have A Nap: Finally if you just can't face anything and just want to have a good cry head straight to your bed and do that. Life is never as bad as we make it out to be. We always tend to over dramatise and think the worst of everything when in face it could be over in a matter of minutes or even a couple of days. However if you've had a particularly bad day then bed is the best way to go. Just go cry and when you wake up everything will be a lot better and seem a lot clearer after.

So there you go, just a few things you can do that can help turn a bad day into a more positive and happier one for you. Don't feel guilty for having a bad day and not wanting to do much. We all have them we all have days when we would just rather stay in bed and not face the world. It's just a part of life. Life isn't always smooth sailing. If you're having a rough time at the moment or having a few bad days then I hope things get better for you. In the words of Annie...The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow!

What do you do when you're having a bad day? 
Hugs and Kisses

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Will use these ideas when I have a bad day in the future :)

    Yousra // www.mystictales.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I will do most of these if im having a bad day, especially have a good rant or go for a good run to de-stress :) x

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Going for a run is definitely one way to improve your mood! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have a little cry, stuff my face with junk food and watch films =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! that's always a valid option too! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! I've been binge reading a lot of posts tonight and I'm happy I remembered to take a peek at yours for a while. I always walk in my nearby forest to take a step out of life and relax. I will always have my music out there with me and I'll sing because nobody is watching. Haha. That always puts me in a better mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds so incredibly awesome! Wish I had a forest near by! I always go everywhere with music. Literally can't live without it! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign