Pages

Categories

22 March 2015

24 Lessons Learnt From My 20s So Far




Hey everyone! Hope you have had a lovely weekend! Today I thought that I would do another blog post. At the moment I am at that age where me and others my age might be going through something called a quarter life crisis. Quite a lot of us are still figuring out who we are and what we want to do with our lives and very often that can upset us and make us feel really down. In 5 months time I will be turning 24 and it scares me as I am yet to figure out what I want to do with my life.

Remember those days when you thought 24 was really old? Yeah...it really isn't. I wish the warning that a quarter life crisis would be heading my way came a bit sooner. Student loan repayment letters, a million job applications to fill in, friendships to keep, life really is tough at the moment but I thought I would do this post just to let you all know what I've learned from my 20s far, through not just my own life but from observing others my age too. It is quite a light hearted post so I hope you enjoy it!

1. You still feel like a 16 year old and wonder when and if the day will arrive when you will finally start to feel like a real adult. Yes I do want to watch Paddington please and thank you! 

2. Nobody knows what the hell they are doing

3. Despite having all the qualifications in the world, experience is the most important thing to have on your CV. However trying to get experience is harder than getting a job at times! 

4. You will still have those times when you will stomp around like a kid shouting 'It's not fair' all whilst realising at the same time that life is not and will never be fair

5. You learn the importance of sleep and wonder why you resented it so much as a kid 

6. People come in and out of your life like never before. Another part of life. 

7. You wonder what on earth the youth of today are talking about? What on earth does Fleek and Bae mean? Who's become a slayer? That's a career option? 

8. Long gone are the days where Facebook was full of song lyrics as status' and photos from parties. Now it's all babies and wedding photos.

9. You start watching what you eat a lot more and you realise that metabolism just isn't as fast as it used to be. 

10. You definitely become a lot more sarcastic. (Maybe this is just me?)

11. You start morphing into your mother in terms of the things you say. Why hello oh wise one! 

12. It's a lot easier to figure out who your true friends are. 

13. It's not too late to start working towards a new dream. Throughout school/college I always wanted to work in tourism because of my love for travel. Now I want to work towards journalism. 

14. Break-ups and losing people you love and care about really does hurt like never before. 

15. You start to care less about what people think of you and become a lot more happier. 

16. You don't need to have everything figured out right now. 

17. Realising that money doesn't just grow on trees and it takes months, maybe even years of saving to get that new car, or short trip to New York. 

18. Lay-ins at the weekend and on days off is the definition of luxury for man y of us 

19. Long gone are the days where pretty dresses and nice tops for nights out were all we shopped for. Now a trip to the shops involves cosy pjs and slippers & pretty homeware bits and bobs. 

20. Nights out with your friends just aren't the same as they were throughout school/uni. Is it time for bed yet? 

21. You start to realise that it is your life. You only get one and instead of pleasing others, it's time to start doing what makes you happy. 

22. You definitely start to appreciate your parents' advice more and sometimes wish you listened to them more when you were in high school. 

23. Being in your 20s doesn't mean that you won't mistakes. You are old enough to know what the right decisions are to make and young enough to make the wrong decisions. You're still learning. 

24. You are not alone. Thousands of people around the world are in the exact same boat as you. It's a part of life that nearly everyone at some point goes through. 

So there we have it. Just a few things that I'm sure a lot of you who are in your 20s at the moment are realising and if you are perhaps coming towards the end of your 20s maybe you can relate to a lot of these things. I am only 23 so I am still very young and despite the fact I'm still applying for jobs and I don't really know where my life is heading at the moment I am going to continue to think positive and keep working hard. I'll keep you updated, don't worry! 

What have you learned from your 20s if you're at that age? If you're younger than 20 what are you expecting from them? 
Hugs and Kisses

16 comments:

  1. as always a very well written post! very funny too! Can already relate to a lot of things even though I'm "only" 19. Great post!
    xx
    A Place for Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think if you're over 18 you'll still be able to relate to a lot of things here haha! Thank you so much lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I can really relate to so many of these points! It's scary how fast time has gone and how life changes between being a teenage and being in your 20's. Great post! x

    Sammie | sammiephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It's really scary! I wouldn't complain at all if I was 16 again haha! Thank you lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm 20 and I can relate to some of these, the first one the most! I can't imagine even not feeling like a 16 year old...

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! When people ask me my age I just want to say 16! Haha! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Yes to all of this, I feel even more clueless than I was when I was 16! Sleep is also appreciated so much more :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 24 and i hardly remember last year haha

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually love this post! I am nearly 18 and i already feel like I am going through a quarter-life crisis haha :) Number 8 does scare me a little bit though, I think that is when you realise that you really have grown up x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh!!! I wish I was that age again! haha! :) Yeah definitely, seeing that on facebook and I'm still single and I don't know when I'll ever be ready for a relationship. It's so scary! Thank you so much lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I turn 19 in three days but I actually can relate to a lot of these!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh hope you have a lovely birthday lovely!! Yess I'm sure a lot of these things you're probably seeing now! :) xx

      Delete
  8. I am 25 and feel life is flying by very, very fast.... 20 are the new 30's!! x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    latest post: http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign