Pages

Categories

8 March 2015

10 Tips To Starting A Blog | Part Two


Hey everyone! Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Today I thought that I would do part two of my '10 Tips To Starting A Blog'. I already did the first part over HERE if you haven't already seen it and it got a pretty amazing reaction so this post is just a continuation of that. However this post will be a few things to remember as you go through blogging. Like I said in my last post, your blog is your very own space. I don't want this to come across too preachy but I know reading something like this when I started a blog would have definitely helped and I really hope that it helps those of you out there who have started a blog or are thinking of starting one in the future. ENJOY!

Remember To Interact 
I touched on this a little bit in the 'social media' section in Part One, however social media is completely pointless if you do not use it. If you want to get your blog out there and want to gain loyal readers then interaction with bloggers is definitely something I consider to be very important. Whether it's a follow on twitter or commenting on other blog posts to just say hi, people will definitely come across your blog and you'll gradually see the numbers rise in both views and followers. Make sure you link all your social media on your blog too so if people like your blog they know where else to find you. I have all my social media linked under the profile photo on my blog so if people want to send me a tweet or find me on other social media platforms that gives them easy access.

Blogging Will Mean Judgement 
Unfortunately you will be judged when it comes to blogging. Most probably from people outside who don't really understand why it is people blog. You will also have those few keyboard warriors who will feel the need to pick at everything you do and say. It is important to not let them get the better of you. Block them and ignore them. Thankfully I have never been a victim of this myself but I have seen it happen to other bloggers daily and it's disgusting. If you ever feel like it's getting a bit too much take a break. Blogging at the end of the day is a hobby at first and something we all do because we enjoy it. Don't let a few narrow minded nasty people get the better of you.

You Will Feel Pressure 
I won't lie here, blogging is extremely popular now. There are so many amazing blogs out there and you will feel occasionally disheartened when you blog isn't getting as many views or a post isn't getting as many likes as other bloggers do but that is okay! It doesn't mean your blog isn't good or that you've written a rubbish post. Blogging is something that allows us to express our interests. We are all completely different people and blogging allows us to share that difference with the rest of the community. If we were all the same blogging would be a very boring thing indeed. Don't be afraid to be different. If anything that is the one thing that will draw readers to your blog. There is no write blog post to write or wrong blog post to right. Write about whatever you want. Don't feel pressure to write about a certain lipstick just because everyone else is writing about that lipstick. A post about how you spent your day is definitely something that can make you and your blog stand out.

It's Not All About The Followers 
This is so important to remember. I know it can be quite disheartening when you feel like nobody is reading your blog. However it is important to remember that these things do come in time. It has taken me two years to get to over 800 followers and I couldn't be more proud but it really isn't about that for me. If you focus more on gaining followers than your actual content then this can be pretty obvious to your readers.

Don't Take It Too Seriously & ENJOY BLOGGING! 
My final tip in this series is to not take blogging so seriously! At the end of the day we all start this blog for the same reason we enjoy writing and we are passionate about things that we want to share with other people. I do take blogging seriously because I want to go into journalism so I do focus a lot on the writing (you don't want to know how many hours it has taken me to do this post), however I still absolutely love it. I don't write about something unless I'm passionate about it and I always get comments telling me that I seemed really passionate and that I really enjoyed writing it and that makes me really happy. Work hard at your blog and enjoy whatever extra benefits that come with it. Your hard work will be rewarded.

So there we have it. I hope you have enjoyed this little series and that it has helped those of you who have started a blog or want to start a blog in the future. I've really enjoyed doing this series so if there is anything else you would like to see me talk about on my blog please let me know. In other news I have recently passed 220,000 views on my blog and have almost reached 850 followers on bloglovin which I find absolutely mindblowing. Thank you all so so much!! It means so much to me to know that you all like to my blog enough to follow it. I also appreciate every single comment that is left on my blog. Thank you so much. I'd also like to take this time to say Happy International Woman's Day to all you gorgeous girls and woman out there. Remember that you are strong, beautiful and incredibly inspiring. Have a wonderful Sunday and I'll be back with a new post on Tuesday.


Have you recently started a blog? Leave all your links in the comments section below. 
Hugs and Kisses

14 comments:

  1. Love this post =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post and you definitely hit the nail right on the head(?) I can't believe I just used that line. But you took the words right out of my mouth, all of the above is totally true. Thanks for reminding us that blogging should be just for fun and a good outlet for your thoughts and it's not all about the numbers. :)

    Ree // Coffee with Ree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I love using that line, it's one of my favourites haha!! You are very welcome lovely! I'm glad this post helped! :) xx

      Delete
    2. So after browsing your blog yesterday and finding myself reading, commenting and agreeing on a lot of things you post, I have tagged you in my new campaign post, "Take Back What's Yours" and would appreciate it if you could check it out, if you have time :)

      Delete
    3. I've only just seen this lovely so sorry for the late reply but thank you so much!! I'll definitely check it out!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love to read about your insight into blogging, as a newly blogger sometimes I get very insecure but I have to remember it is about having fun and engaging :) thank you for this lovely post, x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I see so many new bloggers who have already mentioned in their posts that they are under pressure and that just isn't right! I am glad that this helped you! You are very welcome! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! (both this one and the first one) people need to blog because they like to blog, not because they want to create a career out of it!

    XO naomi @ Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely!! I totally agree!! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Hey!!! Awesome post! I JUST started a blog and I can't express how much these tips are REAL. and super helpful. Thanks so much for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're very welcome!! I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do! I'm so glad these tips will help you! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign