Pages

Categories

28 January 2015

Ways To Save Money In 2015


Hey everyone! Hope you are all well. Today I thought I'd do a 'Ways To Save Money In 2015' post. Don't worry this isn't an advice post or me telling you how you should save money, it's basically just telling you how I am planning on saving my money this year. I'd thought that I'd share them all with you as maybe it can give you a little bit of inspiration on  how to save money yourself.

When it comes to money I will be the first to put my hands up and say that I am pretty rubbish at saving. As someone who doesn't have a proper permanent job and earns money by doing a load of different jobs it can be quite hard to save as I'm not earning the amount I should be. However this year I have become a bit better at saving and I've managed to so far resist the temptation to spend much at all.  These are just a few ideas I think are a great way to save money. Some of which I've been doing and some of which I need to start doing.

Draw out cash and leave the card at home. This way you can budget and be sure to not overspend. How many of us go shopping or go on a night out and the words 'Another £5 won't hurt'? My left hand is currently in the air! 

Be sure to start each month off with a budget. You can get apps and diaries that can help with this. It's a good way to track every monthly expense and see how much money you will have left to spend on yourself. I'd highly recommend 'Spending' which can be found on the app store. 

Instead of spending tons of money going to the gym I will try and go for a run or pop on the wii fit which is amazing. Became quite obsessed with it last summer as we used it in the kids club where I worked. 

If you read my inexpensive blog post then you will know I used to be one of those people who thought you had to spend a bomb to blog but you don't. I'll definitely be blogging some of the ideas I included in THIS post. Money doesn't always equal great content. I really don't want to be a blogger who blogs about a million make up products in a row as I'll just end up feeling like a robot and it won't allow you to see who I am as a person. 

Spend more time in the kitchen cooking up some new and healthy recipes rather than buying takeaways all the time. 

To spend more time walking to different places rather than spending all my money topping up my oyster card to get to different places. 

Shop my make up stash more often to come across old products that I forgotten about. I did that this month and didn't really feel the need to go out and buy new make up. Lots of old favorites were rediscovered. 

Create a money jar and put a side a couple of £5 notes and a few pound coins monthly in case of an emergency. 

I'm sure if you have been reading my blog you know how much I love Pinterest. It is something that in the last year I have used all the time and I just love it. One of the things I love is the amount of creative inspiration on there which can be perfect for birthdays, christmas and any other celebration you can think of as well. I've never been much of a creative person but I'm hoping this can help me explore that side a bit more. 

Set up a savings account that won't be easily accessible and transfer money in there for things like driving lessons. I also really want to go to New York at the end of the year so I'm definitely going to be saving money every month for that. 

Stop spending so much money on iTunes and use other apps such as Spotify and Youtube to listen to all my favorite albums. I have always hated downloading music online and 99% of my 150 albums on my iPod have been downloaded on iTunes. I'll leave you to calculate the cost of all that. It has scared me if I am totally honest. 

I have a whole section on my iPhone dedicated to voucher apps. I have apps such as wowcher and vouchercodes and I think these are just perfect apps to use as they can save you a ton of money. I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to use them this year. 

Compare and contrast prices of different products before forking out money to buy them. We all know that different stores very often sell the same product but for different prices. I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to find out the cheapest places to buy things rather than sticking to one place and forking out way to much money. 

So these are just a few things that I am going to be doing in order to save money. There are so many things I want to do with my life such as start taking driving lessons and go to New York and Australia but I'll never be able to do these things if I keep spending. I also think it's very important to start saving money for the future as well as I do eventually want to be able to get my own flat and live independently. I hope this post helped you and that you will now start saving for the things you want too!

Do you have any other tips for saving money this year? 
Hugs and Kisses

18 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing! I definitely need this! I'm the same as in I don't have an official full time job and lots of little jobs to make money, so a little extra cash would be fab :)
    Amanda xxx
    www.amandasays.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I feel for you lovely! It's quite difficult isn't it! You welcome & I hope this helps! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always use Top Cash Back when I'm shopping online! It alerts me when I can get cash back on all the shopping websites I use :) I use the My Money Supermarket app on my phone too so I can check how much things are in other shops. Lovely post.

    Jenny - www.jnylng.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'll definitely need to check these out! :) Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. Some really great ideas, thank you for these! I think I just need to block my paypal account more than anything, online shopping is faaar too convenient for me not to indulge in once or twice.. a week!! I really need to cut down haha
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome lovely :) Haha Oh god I'm the exact same!! Paypal definitely needs to be blocked for me too lol! :) xx

      Delete
  4. These are awesome fleur :) really enjoyed reading them! I need to stop buying takeaways and to walk more rather than taking the bus, it appears these would be healthier altnerativs too! :) I am the person who compares and compares for literally ages, or will try ANY voucher code I possible can when buying online! hahah :)

    Kayleigh xoxo
    www.veryberrycosmo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I need to be more like that! I always see something and then buy it straight away without comparing and my bank balance really suffers lol! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  5. One of the mains goals for me this year is to save money. I found your post very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Yay that's so good to hear :) I'm glad it'll help you :) xx

      Delete
  6. That first was is such a good idea that I will definitely start doing from tomorrow (Monday xD)
    There have been countless times where I have spent a lot more than I needed to because I had my card with me, when I could easily save £5 a day if I don't have my card on me.

    Great post!
    Minae | minaekei.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly! That's what I'm hoping to do! So far it has worked! :) Good Luck lovely! I'm glad this post helped :) xx

      Delete
  7. I really loved this post! genuine tips ;)
    I did the €20 make up challenge (video) over on my blog today, another way to save some money ;) haha; If you'd like to check it out, this is the link: http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.be/2015/02/20-make-up-challenge.html

    Lots of love, Charline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love that! I'll definitely check it out :) I'm glad this post helped you :) xx

      Delete
  8. I'm an extremely poor student at the minute so I'm definitely going to have to start saving and I've already changed up my spending habits a bit. This post is great and has given me some little ideas :) thanks for writing it!

    Caitlin Crawford
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww this post made me smile! :) Thank you so much and I'm glad it helped :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign