Pages

Categories

6 January 2015

Little Things To Improve My Happiness In 2015


Hey everyone! Hope you have all had a lovely start to the week after all the festivities! Today I thought that I would do another little post for you all. Something a little bit different but basically it's something that I would like to share with you all. Slightly personal but very optimistic as well. Basically I'm going to tell you all the ways I am going to try and be happy in 2015. If you follow me on twitter or know me in real life then you will know I tend to get very negative and very down in the dumps. This is due to many things in my life such as not having a proper permanent full time job, family putting me down and not having enough time to see my friends and the people who are very important to me. However with a new year now here I thought that I would do everything possible to tune out these negative thoughts. I've come up with a little list so I hope you enjoy! 

Improve My Relationship With Money - I am a lot better with money now than I was a few years ago. When I was at university I struggled a lot with money and paying rent and got myself into seriously bad situations and trust me when I say that description is sugar coating it slightly. Since then I decided that I really need to be more careful with my money and not spend money on things I didn't need. 2014 was the year I definitely improved on that and I managed to save quite a lot of money from my job in Turkey. However 2015 will hopefully be the year I get a full time job and can continue improving on this in terms of saving. I do eventually want my own place, pass my driving test and travel so many places but I can't do any of these things if I keep spending my money on materialistic things. Budgeting will become my best friend this year and I will learn to love it. 

Stop Being A Pushover - Those of you who perhaps know me right now, knew me in school, college and university know very well how much of a walkover I am. Very often I'm told off by my closest friends for being 'too nice'. I never realised just how horrible some people were until very recently. Since then these people have been cut out of my life and I am very cautious now about who I let in and if I ever feel like I'm being walked over I stand up for myself. It's not always easy and it's something I still run away from sometimes but I think this is extremely important. I am at an age now where even though I'm still figuring things out I know who I am as a person and I think that's really important to not let people change me and make me feel rubbish about myself. 



Stop Comparing Myself - I found the quote on google and I absolutely love it. I'm sure all you other ladies out there have perhaps made this resolution. Whether it's comparing yourself to a Victoria secret model or to each other on instagram we all do it and very often we can feel incredibly rubbish about ourselves. There are numerous people out there where I think 'I wish I looked like her', 'I wish I had her body' 'and being a blogger 'why can't my blog be as good as hers'. It's really not healthy and its something I need to try and stop as we are all completely different and that's a good thing. If everyone was the same, life would be very boring. I need to start embracing myself more and appreciating who I am. If I want something someone else has I need to work for it! It's as simple as that. 

Eat Healthier & Drink More Water - Now this is something that I know is considered a new year's resolution but I don't want it to be mine. For years now people have been telling me to drink more water and eat healthier and because I have been quite depressed and I promise I'm not just using that word, I was diagnosed in 2015 For the past 5 days I've started my day with a glass of cold water and eaten a lot more fruits and I feel so much more wide awake and less groggy and I feel like this is so important. My energy levels have increased and I do feel happier. I just hope that I can keep this up for the rest of the year. 

Get Out More In The Fresh Air - Sometimes I really do wish I had a dog! I really envy those of you who can take your dogs out for long walks in the morning or in the evenings as it's something I wish I can do. In 2014 I spent a lot of time just cooped in my room doing absolutely nothing. This not only led me feeling really rubbish about myself but also ended up in my putting a ton of weight on. This year I've decided that I will go out for long walks in the evening. I've even made a playlist on my phone to accompany me on these walks too! 

Keep A Positivity Journal - This is actually something that I have spoken about previous on my blog (beginning of 2013). I used this very often in 2013 and then neglected it slightly in 2014. However it will be making a comeback in 2015. I think it is very important to write down inspirational quotes that you hear everyday and just write them down so you remember. Looking back over things I have written previously has put a huge smile on my face so it is definitely something that I recommend. I have also got a 'One Line A Day' journal too where I am writing at least one positive thing that has happened everyday. I look forward to reading it back at the end of the year. 



Surround Myself With Positive Happy People - The quote above has been one of my favourites for a while and I think now is the time to take proper note of it! Now I know at times this can be hard as everyone has bad times and everyone gets upset and negative at times however I think it's important to surround yourself with people who don't pass on their negativity to you. I have an amazing group of friends at the moment who even though struggle a lot help me and support me and vice versa. Having a support system like I have at the moment has made me distinguish my true friends and the people who very often put me down who I used to call 'friend' are no longer in my life. It's extremely important to surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you instead of the worst. Hopefully by the end of 2015 the people who are in my life now will still be there at the end. 

So those are just a few things that I hope will improve my happiness in 2015. Like I've mentioned before I can be quite a negative person and this is something I definitely need to change. I need to channel that negative energy elsewhere. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that you maybe got to know a little bit more about me! Thank you for all your kind words on my posts and tweets you send me as they really do help in making me feel incredibly happy! If you don't follow me on twitter head on over to @xbellefleurx and say hi! Would be lovely to speak to more of you! 

How are you going to stay positive and happy in 2015?
Hugs and Kisses

10 comments:

  1. the happiness journal is a really good idea (: and I really need to have a better relationship with my money because we are a little estranged at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hope you can get that back on track haha! I definitely need to budget my money a lot more haha :)

      Delete
  2. The positivity journal is such a good idea! I just need to try and be more healthy but I say that every year:// Love your blog by the way! xx

    http://jolifromwithin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't we all lol! It's definitely something I'm going to keep reminding myself of though. I'm lucky in my house, we don't tend to buy a lot of junk so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it lol! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Recently discovered your blog, and I love it. I love the idea and I am inspired to make one myself. Thank you :) I will be sticking along for further posts :)

    Cylia
    http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! :) It's one of the best things I've ever done. It's such an exciting thing to do :) Glad to have you here with me! :) I'll check out your blog too! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Lovely,

    This is such a great post, I've been reading tons like it now were in 2015. I did a similar kind of post reflecting on 2014. It would mean a great deal to me if you could check it out :)

    I hope 2015 is a good year for you!

    http://betsyloopylou.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lovely! Thank4 you so much! Yeah same! 2015 seems to be the year a lot of people want to do different thinks to change their lives! I'll definitely check out your post. Hope you have a fab year too! :) xx

      Delete
  5. These are such great resolutions! Definitely an inspiration! Thank you :)

    simplifypoison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww glad you're inspired haha ☺️☺️ xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign