Pages

Categories

2 December 2014

Blogmas #2 | Eight Things To Do When You Are Bored


I'm sitting here laughing as I type this. I know you are all probably thinking. What on earth? What a weird title but I was watching Pretty Little Liars last night and I don't know I just suddenly came up with this idea and decided that it would be quite a good idea for a blog post. It's something I've never really seen done before so I thought why not do it? This is how my brain works at 2 in the morning by the way haha!

Basically I constantly see on my twitter feed 'I'm bored, I don't know what to do today, hmm bed and netflix day it is' and I just thought it would be a good idea to come up with a post like this giving you some ideas that can fill your time when you are bored that doesn't constantly involve sitting down at a computer/laptop/phone. It's not long now till all the schools, colleges and universities are all finished for the Christmas holidays as well and even those of you who finish work early for Christmas so even more reason to plan how you will spend those few weeks or even days of freedom! Enjoy!

Make A Playlist 
We all absolutely love music and have devices in which to play it on. Whether that is our phone, or ipods or even websites and apps like youtube and spotify we love listening to songs. So why not make a playlist with all our favorite songs? As it is now officially December it is 100% okay to start blasting those Christmas songs. It's also an opportunity, if you are like me and love finding new music, to come across new artists and find some new favorite songs. I have a spotify where I make a ton of playlists and will be very shortly making a winter one so just type in Fleur Danielle Griffin and you should come across my spotify.

Decorate Your Room/Clean Your Room
I never decorate my room for anything however this year I have purchased a small Christmas tree with some decorations and fairy lights and have decided that I will spruce up my room a little bit for the festive season. There are tons of DIY videos on youtube if you want a little bit of inspiration and obviously pinterest and tumblr are awesome places to find inspiration too. However if you do not want to decorate your room then cleaning it might be good. Yes I know it sounds boring but if you put music on or a film and just clean at the same time it can be fun! Try it, it definitely works. Remember, life is only as fun as you make it!

Find A New Show To Watch
This is perfect if you are ill and don't want to do something active but still want to entertain yourself when you are bored. I've been so guilty of watching the same TV shows over and over. Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill were all I would watch for ages, however I started speaking to more people and came across shows like The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, The Originals etc and I absolutely love them. They are ongoing shows at the moment too so there's always a new episode to watch. Definitely try it. If you are not into those types of shows sign up to Netflix (you get a 30 day free trial) and you can find tons of new shows to watch.

Bake Some Festive Treats 
I'm not a cooking fan at all however I absolutely love to back cakes and cookies and things and what better time to start baking then Christmas? There are so many festive treats that you can bake like Christmas cookies etc. Again youtube is perfect for find videos with ideas as well as pinterest. You don't have to bake festive treats at all though, maybe find a new recipe or desert that you would like to make and just go for it. I will be doing a few treats this month on my blog for #blogmas so make sure you stay tuned.

Pamper Evening 
If you come home from work tired and just want to relax but at the same time don't want to be bored then this is a perfect thing to do. Not only will it completely relax you but it takes up quite a bit of time too and gives you the opportunity to browse through all your products and maybe discover some old favorites and new products that you probably bought and pushed to the back of the cupboard too. It's also the perfect opportunity to induldge yourselves in a really good book. I highly recommend Giovanna Fletcher's 'You're The One That I Want' or if you want something a bit more festive 'I Heart Christmas' by Lindsey Kelk.

Christmas Lists
This is something I've done this year and I have found that it really does help. If you are struggling for ideas on what to buy your family or friends for Christmas then I would definitely recommend writing lists for everyone so that you know exactly what you need to buy. Christmas shopping made easy and it saves all that last minute stress as well.

Organise Laptop/Phone 
We all say we'll do this but do we ever actually do it? I ended up doing this over the summer on the days that I was bored and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I organised my phone and made it less cluttered, I put all my photos on my laptop or printed them out meaning my phone was not as full. My laptop is awful for mess especially when it comes to photos. Sorting through everything can bring up loads of memories and make you smile. Definitely something worth doing.

Start A Blog/Youtube
I couldn't do this type of post without including this one. That's how FleurDanielle was born. If you are reading a blog or watching a youtube video and are thinking 'Hmm I wonder if I could do that' don't think just do it. Anyone can write a blog and you can write about whatever you want. It doesn't even have to be beauty or fashion. It could be a food blog, a lifestyle blog, whatever you want. It is the best thing I have ever done. I'd highly recommend it.

So there we have it. Just a few ideas of what to do when you are bored. If you are the more active type then obviously going out for a run or to the gym can be included too. If you have any other ideas then please leave them in the comments section below.

What do you like to do when you are bored? 
Hugs and Kisses

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog and have followed you! xx would love ti if your could follow me! laurenstokes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely will check yours out ☺️☺️ Xx

      Delete
  2. I need to make a gym playlist, I keep forgetting! I always give myself a full on manicure when I'm bored, cuticles and all :)

    India / Too Faced giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a fab idea! I love manicures and pedictures and all that jazz :) xx

      Delete
  3. I definitely like to clean when bored and baking is always a way of passing the time but then I eat it all, which isn't good.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! Well what's the point of baking if you can't enjoy the goods afterwards lol!

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign