19 December 2014

Blogmas #19 | My Top 10 Favourites Series // Films




Hello Everyone! So as you all know December is normally the time for monthly favourites. It is the time of the year when everyone collects all their favourite products and puts them into one very often very long post. I personally love reading these posts no matter what the length but I also know that people prefer shorter condensed versions of favourites posts. This year I thought that instead of putting together one long post I would do a top 10 series of everything. This will include my favourite music, films, TV shows, food, books and of course ending on beauty! Since I was away for six months my usual number of favourites has decreased dramatically so I thought this would be the easiest way to split everything up so I hope you enjoy it! Anyway enough rambling, first up is my top 10 films of 2014.

Breakfast At Tiffany's 
Now I absolutely love this film. I have done for years. However it got to the stage where I watched it so much I just didn't like it any more. I stopped watching it for about 3 years and recently put the DVD on and I fell in love all over again. I just adore Audrey Hepburn. She's gorgeous, amazing actress and I just love her singing Moon River! Don't worry I promised myself I'll never watch a film as often as I did with this again! If you haven't seen this I would highly recommend it. Definitely a film every girl should see!

The Fault In Our Stars
This is probably my favourite film of the year. It is just so beautiful and you really do go on a rollercoaster ride of emotions throughout it. Sad, happy, funny, incredibly heartbreaking and just a stunning film. If you want a good cry or a weepy romance then this is definitely right up your street. If you haven't read the book yet either I would highly recommend that too.

Frozen
Now even though you might have seen me complain about this film A LOT on twitter (You can blame my job over the summer where I basically watched it everyday, sometimes in different languages ALL DAY for that) I absolutely love it. Yes I know it came out around this time last year but I didn't see it until February this year and I just love it so much.

Samantha - An All American Girl Holiday 
I downloaded this from itunes the other night and I absolutely love it. If you are into films like Pollyanna etc then this will be right up your street. It follows the story of a girl and 3 new friends she makes. It's a beautiful story and yet another film that I shed a tear at. It stars a young Anna Sophia Robb (Soul Surfer) and I think this was one of her first films. Definitely worth checking out.

Moulin Rouge
As a musical lover you would think that I'd have already seen this film but unfortunately I never did until the summer. The girls I worked with absolutely loved it and decided that it was in their best interest to teach me a thing or two about what I was missing. I wasn't keen the first time I watched it but then I watched it again and again after that and I just absolutely loved it, Beautiful actors, great music and just a great story.

A New York Winter's Tale
I decided to download this one boring Saturday evening in Turkey to watch in my free time and I just absolutely loved it. It stars Jessica Brown Findlay (Sybil in Downton Abbey) and is just a beautiful story. Again it is sad but it's a beautiful movie and one I would highly recommend.

Life As We Know It 
Now this film isn't new and definitely wasn't released in 2014 however it is one of my all time favourite films now. I was introduced to it again in Turkey and I just absolutely love it. Such a funny feel good romantic film. Highly recommended

The Lion King 2
Now I absolutely love The Lion King the Lion King 2 for me is just better in terms of the music. Yes I know Elton John wrote most of the songs for the first one and sung them too but I prefer the musical feel to the second one. I just feel like the songs mean a lot more, to me anyway. Since I was in the hotels 'Lion King' show a couple of times the Lion King will always have a special meaning to me now.

Mamma Mia! 
I can't believe I didn't see this film until this year. Being a huge fan of Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried and ABBA in general you'd have thought I would jump at the chance to see it but I expected it to be really corny and cringe worthy and it really wasn't! I absolutely love it, the songs were sung brilliantly and again because I was in Mamma Mia at the hotel it will have a special place for me now as well!

Mockingjay Part 1 
Having been severely disappointed with the ending for Catching Fire (both book and film) I had a lot of expectations for the film and I was not let down. Mockingjay is absolutely incredible. Again it has you going on a total rollercoaster of emotions and we even see Jennifer Lawrence showcase her singing ability! She is not bad! . I am so so excited to see Mockingjay Part 2 next year!

So there we have it. My top films of 2014. A lot of these films were new to me so even though they don't actually come from the year 2014 they were still new to me and definitely my favourites of 2014. I'd highly recommend all these films to anyone as they are all such beautifully crafted films with amazing actors/actresses in and some beautiful music as well.

What are your favourite films of 2014? 
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig