14 December 2014

Blogmas #14 | The Christmas Tag 2014




Hey everyone! So there are only 11 days till Christmas! How scary! It's honestly unbelievable how fast this year is going. On Tuesday me and my mum are getting up early so we can finish off all our Christmas shopping. I've bought the majority of my presents now I just need to make sure that I hide them properly and wrap them as soon as possible. My brother is the biggest snoop you will ever meet! Need to hide things from him. But anyway, enough of that unneeded ramble. Today I thought that I would do the Christmas Tag. I did this last year but I spotted a different one on the absolutely lovely Milkbubbletea's blog so thought that I would add it to this year's festive posts too! Enjoy! 

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie? 
This is really difficult! I have so many but my top four are Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually, The Holiday and A Christmas Carol. I just absolutely love how festive these films are and how they really do get you into the Christmas spirit. If you haven't seen these films yet what have you been doing? Get watching! 

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? 
This has changed over the years. When me and my brother were younger we always used to get up at the crack of dawn and sneak downstairs to take a peek of all the presents under the tree. I remember one year I got given a kitchen for Christmas, one of the toy ones. I remember I was a big believer in Santa Claus at this time and my parents kept on telling me that Santa wouldn't be able to get it down the Chimney. Well you can imagine my excitement when I saw it! I literally went running upstairs to wake my Dad and tell him he was wrong haha! This was around 6:30 in the morning apparently, oops! It's one of my favorite Christmas memories. Back then we used to open them in the morning. However now that we are older we wake up, go to Christmas mass and then come back and open everything. So we still open them on Christmas Day but not until 2PM now. The wait is still torture haha! 

3.  Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? 
Christmas was always amazing in my family as kids. My parents always used to put fake snow everywhere and there was always tons of presents under the tree, wine and a mince pie on the table...that was always half eaten and a little bit empty. It was always just so lovely to come downstairs and see all these things in the morning. I really do miss it. 

4. Favourite Festive Food? 
I absolutely love all the chocolate that you get around Christmas but when it comes to the main Christmas lunch/dinner I absolutely love cranberry sauce and apple sauce. I know you can get these things all year but Christmas is the one time of the year when we tend to eat it the  most and I just absolutely love it. I also love croquet potatoes. Mince pies and Stollen don't go a miss at my house on Christmas either. I just love all food. 

5. Favourite Christmas Gift? 
This is a tough one. I always received such amazing presents as a child. One of my absolute favourites however was a doll. Her name was Amazing Amy and she was just such an amazing doll. She was basically my own child. She would go to see same time as me then wake up early in the morning and I had to feed her food and she would tell me if she liked it or not. She had two outfits a really pretty pink and white polka dot dress and pastel green pyjamas. She was just amazing and I still have her somewhere as well. The funny thing about getting this present is that exact same year I kept  on saying I was too old for dolls. I'm glad my parents didn't listen! 

6. Favourite Christmas Scent? 
This changes every single year. I absolutely love the smell of the Christmas dinner being cooked, or anything that smells like cinnamon. Last year I was a massive fan of the Christmas Cookie scent from Yankee Candle as well. This year I am a massive fan of spiced apple scents. I absolutely love the new apple scent from The Body Shop that is there for Christmas and also I have bought a spiced apple handwash from TK Maxx which smells equally amazing. 

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve Traditions? 
Normally this is when I would lock myself in my room, put on Christmas music and wrap up all of my presents. I also write all my Christmas cards for my friends and neighbours on Christmas eve as well. One of my favourite Christmas films is 'A Christmas Carol' with Jim Carrey so when it is time to go to bed I always stick this film on and I just absolutely love it. It gets me so excited for the next day! 

8. What tops your tree? 
This has changed throughout the years. We have always used angels however they have been different angels. When my brother and I were at school we used to make Christmas decorations all the time and these always included angels that we had made. However we have had our Christmas tree for years and the top actually wobbles a lot meaning that the angel dive bombs off a lot. This year we are using a gold star that I found in Homebase. 

9. As a kid what was the one crazy, wild, extravagant, gift you always asked for but never received? 
This question makes me feel ungrateful haha! I promise I wasn't but I always wanted a puppy and never got it. Unfortunately that the way it will be until I manage to get my own place haha!! I desperately want a dog though and before you comment no it isn't just for Christmas. 

10. What is the best part about Christmas for you? 
Getting to spend time with family and friends and showing them how much you love them. I also love the cold weather and sometimes snow and just generally being happy and having an amazing day with the people you love. 

So there we have it, all 10 questions for The Christmas Tag! I hope you enjoyed this and please feel free to copy and paste the questions onto your own blog to answer! I'd love to find out more about what Christmas is like for other people around the world/in the UK! I'm going to go and finish putting up the Christmas decorations now so stay tuned for a post on that coming soon! 

Are you all set for Christmas yet or do you still have a few last minute things to do?
Hugs and Kisses
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post! did the tag myself after reading in here, please give it a look :)

    xx

    Clickable link in blog comments

    A Place for Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! I'll head on over now and have a read! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig