10 April 2014

First Impressions/Mini Review | Sleek 'Pink Lemonade' Blush


Hey Ladies! I've got posts going up nearly everyday from now until Tuesday when I leave for Turkey so make sure you hit that follow button on twitter and instagram (both xbellefleurx) to be the first to know when I upload a new post! Today I thought that I would do a review of a blush that I bought not too long ago but have already tried and tested and just absolutely love at the moment. Consider this a first impression/mini review. Let's get right into it! 

When it comes to the drugstore one of my favorite brands for blushes has got to be Sleek. I just love everything about them. The black packaging is always a winner as it always looks super 'sleek' and the palettes themselves are just the right size for travelling. They all have huge mirrors inside making it perfect to touch up on the go as well as apply other make up items. These blushes also come in a huge variety of colors, are so easy to work with, extremely soft and are all super easy to blend into the cheeks. I bought this little sleek trio last weekend after seeing so many people rave about it and I have to say I am not disappointed. 

The Sleek By 3 blushes normally come with three powder blushes. However Sleek recently added two new blushes to the collection for spring and summer. 'Pink Lemonade' and 'Californ.i.a'.  The one I picked up was Pink Lemonade. This blush is very different to the original by 3 blushes and contains only two powder blushes and has introduced to the palettes a cream blush. The two powder blushes come in the shades Pink Mint (Left) and Icing Sugar (Right) and the middle shade is called Macaroon. How adorable are the names? 

Pink Mint is a gorgeous baby pink shade and Icing Sugar is more of a peachy pink color, both of which have shimmer particles running through it. Don't worry you don't end up looking like a disco ball. These provide such a nice glow to the cheeks. I love the fact that a little goes a very long way with the blushes and are buildable as well. They are so buttery soft and incredibly pigmented. Blending is super easy as well.

The one shade I was a bit iffy about was the cream blush in the shade Macaroon purely because I had never ever tried a cream blush. This is a gorgeous matte slightly light than barbie pink shade which looks gorgeous on the cheeks. As it's a cream blush it is incredibly easy to apply and blend and I cannot fault the pigmentation. This cream blush could actually also double up as a lipstick. Unfortunately for me it works better on the cheeks than the lips but hey it is a blush after all so at least it does its job! 

I recently bought an  individual sleek blush in the shade 'Rose Gold' That was priced at £4.49. This little blush palette was £9.99 and contains three blushes which are all full sized! Need I say more? So much better value for money! If you are interested in Pink Lemonade then do head on over to the Boots website HERE to purchase it. I'd be quick on this one though as I reckon it will be a best seller! 

Have you tried any one of the two new sleek blushes yet? 

Hugs and Kisses



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. All three shades are gorgeous and I really like the look of the cream blush, its pigmented and matte - perfect shade for Spring
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! The cream blush is absolutely gorgeous!!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I really want to try this as I loveee Sleek products and this looks great. I always try the tester out in work haha, so I'm definitely going to have to buy it when I have some extra money :')

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do it!! You won't regret it! Sleek always do incredibly products for really affordable prices! :) xx

      Delete
  3. love the shades! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/ please follow my blog its new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check it out lovely! :)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this brand before.Great review.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god really?! Definitely check them out when you have a chance they are seriously incredible! Affordable and amazing quality! :)

      Delete
  5. I love this palette, I can't wait till I go Superdrug next so I can buy it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh let me know how you like it! :) xx

      Delete
  6. These shades are gorgeous! I don't wear pink blushes a lot as I think they don't go great with my complexion, but now I am actually considering buying this!

    kkelllyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the same, I never wore pink make up at all but these are just too pretty to resist and you can wear as little or as much as you like which I love! It's just absolutely perfect! I reckon all these colors would suit everyone though! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig