Pages

Categories

17 March 2014

Review | Sleek Rose Gold Blush


Ahh Monday. The one day of the week that everyone dreads. But alas it is almost over! Hope you have had a good start to the week and also Happy St Patricks Day to any of my irish readers! Hope you have had a good day and celebrated in style over the weekend, or if you are going to celebrate tonight I hope you have a lovely night! 

If you follow me on instagram or have read my recent haul posts then you will know I have been on a recently beauty rampage lately. I've bought so much beauty stuff it's ridiculous. However one of my absolute favourite buys has been this absolutely gorgeous Rose Gold blush from Sleek. Sleek have to be one of my favorite drugstore brands. I absolutely love their huge range of eyeshadow palettes, pout polishes but I had never tried one of their blushes before. I have never been one to wear blusher. I don't know why it's just not really a make up item I tend to pick up a lot and I've always struggled to find a colour that looks fairly decent with my skin tone. However when I saw this gorgeous blush I knew I had to have it.

First of all I absolutely love the matte black packaging that holds the blush. I think it's quite stylish and definitely lives up to the brand's name. It also holds a mirror inside the packaging making the blush perfect for taking with you on the go. It's very handbag friendly as it's really small and compact. Definitely something that will be staying in my mini make up bag when I am out and about.

The blush itself is quite a peachy pink toned blush with hints of gold shimmer running through it. I've read on quite a few blogs that it is a dupe for Nars Orgasm however one of my friends has Nars Orgasm and when I was comparing the two I would have to disagree just slightly. I think that the Nars Orgasm is just a little bit more pink toned than peach and has a lot less gold shimmer running through it. However once blended out on the skin they are very similar.

Because of the shimmer particles contained within the blusher you can definitely notice it when it has been applied so it's definitely not a blush for those of you who don't like wearing shimmery blushes. I was a bit uncertain about it myself when I first applied it but when you are in the light it just catches it perfectly and really makes your skin look more luminous which I find to be incredibly flattering.

Another aspect of this blush I absolutely love is how pigmented it is. I use a brush to apply the blush and I find a little definitely goes a long way, however there is the option to build it up if you would like, but I would be extremely careful as you obviously don't want to resemble a clown. It's also extremely long lasting. I would say a good 6-7 hours and even then the blush doesn't need to be reapplied. Just a light touch up and you're good to go.

Overall I absolutely love this blush. I think it's a perfect colour for not just the spring/summer season but all year round. It's also a colour I reckon will suit absolutely every skin tone. Sleek's Rose Gold blush is available for only £4.49 at Superdrug and there are also 9 other colours to choose from ranging from matte finishes to more shimmery finishes like this Rose Gold blush.

Have you tried Rose Gold or any other Sleek blushes? What are your favourite brands for blushes? 

Hugs and Kisses

14 comments:

  1. I have this blusher too and at first didn't like it because it was too shimmery. But recently I have given it another go and now I love it!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lush! Such a nice shade! Might have to pay a visit to Superdrug tomorrow! x

    www.withalittlepixiedust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blush too, its so pretty & very affordable. Its a gorgeous summers day blush & can't wait for the warmer weather so I can wear it.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a gorgeous blusher I've yet to use a sleek product I don't like! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a lovely colour. I really want to try this.
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Literally ordered this blush a week ago, I'm practically sitting on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive! I've heard such great things about it, and all Sleek blushers for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I hope you've received it now and love it! :)

      Delete
  7. i wanna try this! I wish they were more accessible in the usa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww no!! Do they not have sleek there? x

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign