22 March 2014

Review | L'Oreal True Match Foundation


Heya everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days! I have been pretty busy with trying to sort out everything for my new job! Only 23 days until I leave the UK and head off to Majorca then Turkey for six months! So scary! But now I am back and free so let's get onto the post. 

Today I thought I would tell you about a new foundation I bought that I've really been loving! You all know how much I love my healthy mix serum from Bourjois but I thought it was about time to step out from my comfort zone and experiment with something a little bit different. 

I had heard so many good things about L'Oreal True Match so I decided to purchase it and so far I absolutely love it. I did however find it a bit difficult to match  myself to the right colour so I asked for assistance and a lovely girl in my local  Superdrug matched me to the shade N4 - Beige which is actually the perfect shade for my skin tone. I thought it might be a little bit to dark but it's actually perfect. Definitely something I would recommend all of you do if you are interested in this foundation. 

The foundation itself has quite a runny consistency and I personally find that a little definitely goes a long way. I thought this would be quite a high coverage foundation, but I would definitely say it is medium coverage but can definitely be built up to high coverage depending on the look you want to achieve. It blends like an absolute dream but I would definitely recommend using a brush. I know some people like using their fingers but because the consistency is pretty runny this wouldn't really work and you'd end up with more on your fingers than your actual face. Trust me. I speak from experience! I use the real techniques buffing brush, which is my favourite make up brush ever and it just leaves an absolutely flawless finish on the face.

The one thing I don't love, but don't hate either is the fact that the finish is quite matte. I normally like a dewy finish but I still absolutely love it. I also don't really need a lot of powder. I tend to mainly go over my t-zone and just leave the rest of my face. This foundation also doesn't contain an SPF so I wouldn't really recommend it for daytime wear but it would be perfect for nighttime wear as there won't be any flashback if you're like me and tend to get a bit snap happy on your nights out! I wouldn't recommend this however for those of you who have dry skin. I have found that this can sometimes accentuate this which isn't really something I would like. If you have oily or normal to combination skin then this would be perfect for you. 

Overall this is a pretty amazing foundation. It lasts all day on my skin, comes in a wide variety of colours, looks really natural on the skin and I just think the quality is pretty amazing for a drugstore foundation. You can purchase this at Boots and Superdrug for £9.99. 

Have you tried L'Oreal True Match yet? What are your thoughts? 

Hugs and Kisses 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Damn, wish it was good for dry skin! I don't like matte finishes either, but definitely still sounds nice.

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a really lovely foundation :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig