30 March 2014

Monthly Favorites 1 | March Make Up


Heya everyone! So hope you are all having a lovely Mothers Day. My Mum is was unfortunate enough to be working last night so she has actually spent most of today in bed sleeping and is working again tonight. I haven't really managed to spend that long with her but she has been treated and spoilt by my brother and I which is good. Since I've had the majority of today free I decided to do a post I usually always forget to do until the very last day of the month, my March favorites. I've used quite a lot of new products this month that I have been loving so I have decided that I will split this into three posts. March Makeup, March Skincare and my March Random Favorites. Now after that lengthy ramble, lets get into the post. I have already done reviews on a lot of these products so I will leave a link if I have done reviews on them and also leave a link of where you can buy them.


L'Oreal True Match Foundation - Link
Instead of using my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation throughout this month I decided that I would like to experiment with something a little bit different. I had never really tried a L'Oreal product before and I had heard so many reviews of the L'Oreal True Match, so I decided to give it a whirl and I absolutely love it. When I first started to use it I had quite a few spots and I was worried that it was down to this foundation, thankfully it wasn't so I kept on using it and I'm glad I did. Amazing coverage, blends incredibly well and it comes in a wide variety of shades as well. I've done a full review HERE if you would like to know more. Priced at £9.99 I definitely think it is worth it.


Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette - Link*
Before I started blogging I was never really an eyeshadow person, however I had heard so many good reviews about the Naked palette range but I was always a bit hesitant about purchasing one due to the price tag. Also I wasn't that keen on the colours in the first two. When the Naked 3 Palette started to appear on the scene before Christmas I knew I had to have it. The colors are so beautiful ranging from shimmery pinks to a warm black and your normal everyday neutrals. The finishes also range from matte to pearl to metallic all look beautiful and are all super easy to work with. I plan on doing a review on this palette as soon as possible so be sure to keep an eye out. At £37 this product really is pricey and not something I thought I'd ever spend on something like an eyeshadow palette but it really is amazing. I have left this product at my Aunt's place which is why it isn't photographed but as soon as I have it back I will add it above. I do apologize! 


Benefit Porefessional Primer - Link
Probably the best product I have tried this month. It is honestly amazing. Before using this I never really found that foundation lasting a long time on me. I found that I had to keep touching up throughout the day but since I've been using this I rarely have to do that. Designed for reducing the appearance of pores, this product really does work. It's also a perfect base for make up as well as being the the perfect product to touch up your make up throughout the day. Yes that's right this product also works on top of make up which is perfect for getting rid of any shine you might get throughout the day. Priced at £24.50 again it's pricey but definitely worth it. Click HERE to check out my full review.


Maybelline's Color 24HR Tattoo in On and On Bronze - Link
I first came across these eyeshadows when I spotted my friend Gabriella (VelvetGh0st on youtube) use them in her videos and I asked her what colors I thought would suit me. She said two, pink gold and on and on bronze. I bought them both and instantly fell in love. They are creamy eyeshadows that can be applied and blended on the lids so easily with just your fingers, no brush is needed. On and On Bronze is a beautiful natural shade that can be worn on its own or mixed with other colors. It's so incredibly pigmented, creamy and doesn't dry out. At £4.99 it's definitely a bargain! I've reviewed 'Pink Gold' HERE.


Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure - Link
Being a lover of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, I knew I had to pick up their latest lacquer and matte balms once they were released on the scene and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Everything from the style of the packaging to the scent and the pigmentation stayed the same. Only difference was the packaging was shiny for the lacquer balms and matte for the matte balms. The scent was still a strong peppermint fragrance. I bought two of the lacquer balms in Demure and Vivacious and I have to say demure would have to be my favourite purely because it is a gorgeous nude shade that can be worn on an everyday basis but also because of the quality. It is just super pigmented, lasts all day and is so incredibly shiny on the lips. I just absolutely love it. I've done a full review on both the lacquer balms that I picked up HERE. Priced at only £7.99 each I think they are completely worth it.


Model Co Lip-Gloss in Strip Tease - Link
I didn't purchase this lip-gloss myself, it actually came as a free gift with a copy of the April Glamour Magazine with Lea Michele on the cover. It came free with another magazine before Christmas so I now have two of these in my collection and I just absolutely love it. It's basically like the revlon colourbust lacquer balms but in lipgloss form. Super shiny, non-sticky and quite sheer so it would be perfect to apply over the top of a nude matte lipstick to add a little bit of shine. It also has a very sweet scent too which is extremely appealing. Priced at £12, as much as I love it I don't think I would ever pay that much for it but it really is an amazing lipgloss and I've worn it consistently throughout this month.


Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Sugar Apple & Silk Nail Paint in Heather 
Barry M is right up there as the best drug store nail brand in my opinion. The colors are amazing, the price is amazing, the quality are amazing and in the last couple of months they have released some of what are, in my opinion, their best nail paints ever. Sugar Apple is part of the Gelly Hi Shine collection released for Spring 2014 and I absolutely love it. The name is adorable and the color is a gorgeous aquatic mint green which is just the perfect spring shade. It drys super fast once applied and leaves a gorgeous finish. Heather is probably my favorite color in the Silk collection released by Barry M. It is a beautiful soft lilac shade that leaves a matte but silky pearl finish on the nails. Again this drys super fast. Both polishes last for up to 4 days without chipping which I think is pretty amazing. 

So there we have it. The first installment of my March Favorites. Be sure to check back on my blog tomorrow for Part 2 which will include skincare and other random favorites that I've been loving throughout March. Be sure to comment below and let me know if you have been using and loving any of these items listed above. 

Hugs and Kisses






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great favourites honey! Some of my faves here too - I love Porefessional and the Revlon balms! I've just bought the new Gelly polishes too - can't wait to try them out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Ahh I love them so much! Definitely the best primer I've ever used! The gelly polishes are amazing, sugar apple is my favorite! Such a beautiful color! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig