Pages

Categories

2 March 2014

Beauty Haul | Boots, Superdrug, Benefit, Urban Decay & Origins


Heya everyone! Hope you have had a lovely weekend. I've basically spent the whole of this weekend blogging, watching Glee and Gossip Girl and just generally having a really relaxed and chilled out weekend. This week I am going to be preparing lots for my new job in Turkey which I am super excited about. I will be doing a post about my new adventures in the next couple of weeks so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for that as it's incredibly exciting for me. But before I ramble too much let's get into this post. 

As you can see I have spent quite a lot of money in the last couple of days. But to be honest I think I deserved it. Whilst shopping in Boots and Superdrug I picked up a few items that have been on my list for quite a while now and then I decided to purchase a couple of high end items which happen to be the very first high end items I own. So let's get into the post. I'll start off with drugstore items and then end with the higher end items. 

Boots and Superdrug 
Now I think I speak for a lot of beauty bloggers here when I say that both these shops are basically death traps for us. We go in there wanting one or two items and come out with a hell of a lot more than we can normally afford to have! This was one of those moments for me. I went in there to purchase the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Moisturiser which I'm sure you all know I absolutely love. I've done a review HERE if you want to know more. It just works absolute wonders for my skin. I also needed to purchase my favourite pressed powder product which is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade Silky Beige (005). I just absolutely love this powder, it leaves a flawless finish on my face and just mattifies the skin perfectly. I've also done a review on this product so head on over HERE to have a read. Both of these products were purchased in Boots. 

When I entered Superdrug I was a woman on a mission as I decided that I would purchase more items I had been lusting over for quite a long time. The first being the L'Oreal True Match foundation. I had heard so many good things about this foundation and wanted to use something new instead of my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix. I've used the true match twice already and I just absolutely love it. It does exactly what it says in the tin and matches to the colour of your skin incredibly well. I'm the shade N4 Beige. 

I also really wanted to try the Garnier Moisture Match Moisturisers as well as this is another item I had heard so much about and I love that they come in different colours. I picked up the blue package as this particular moisturiser is for Normal to Dry Skin which is what I have. Again I have used this already and I absolutely love it. It sinks into the skin so quickly and doesn't leave any greasy residue either. This moisturiser would be perfect if you have sensitive skin too. I also purchased another Vitamin E moisturiser which is just a simple night moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated and prevents it from getting too dry. 

I decided to pick up two shades of the new Barry M Silk Nail Paints, as I'm sure you all know this is my favorite brand when it comes to nail polish. The two shades I bought was a beautiful bluey grey colour which is called Mist and a beautiful pinky purple which is called Heather. I'm super excited to try these out as I think they are perfect spring colours. 

I went a little crazy (for me anyway) when it came to the lip products. I picked up my absolutely favorite lip product which is the Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Berry Smoothie - review HERE and also decided to pick up Eva's Nude from L'Oreal which is a gorgeous 'my lips but better' colour. Cringey but true! 

I finally saw my Superdrug has stocked the new Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms and I just couldn't resist. The matte balms were unfortunately all sold out but they had quite a few of the lacquer balms so I picked up two absolutely gorgeous shades called Vivacious (120) and Demure (105). These are absolutely beautiful shades. Vivacious is a little bit loud on me but if I just apply a little bit to the top and bottom of my lips and blend it out it leaves a gorgeous finish. Demure is extremely sheer on me and just looks like I've applied a lip gloss but I absolutely love it anyway. Both these balms have that minty scent which I'm not too keen on but I love it anyway. 

Benefit, Urban Decay & Origins
As a beauty blogger who happens to be unemployed it is incredibly frustrating when you see all of these gorgeous high quality products being released and you haven't been able to afford it. Thankfully over Christmas I did a temporary job and got paid a fairly decent amount so what did I do? Decided to splurge on some items from not one, not two, but three high end brands I rarely read or hear anything bad about. 

The first product I bought was the very highly recommended porefessional primer from Benefit. I've lost count of how many people have recommended this to me and how many amazing reviews I've read so I'm so happy that I finally own it. I've used it once already and can safely say it has lived up to all the expections I had. I'm so pleased with it. I'm going to be doing a review in a few weeks time once I've used it more so be sure to stay tuned for that. 

The second item I bought is the Naked 3 Palette. Since it's released before Christmas I have had my eyes on this absolutely gorgeous rose gold packaged palette. It's just absolutely gorgeous and out of all the Naked palettes I've seen this one has the colours that I'm most likely to wear and in my opinion are the colours that suit me the best. The only thing that put me off was the price. £37.00 I reckon is definitely extremely steep but when I purchased it on Friday I didn't look back. I love that this palette has mainly shimmery eye shadows instead of matte as I'm not really a big matte product fan so it really was right up my street. I'm so pleased to be the proud owner of this product and definitely look forward to creating some gorgeous looks with it. 

The third and final product of this haul that I bought but unfortunately wasn't able to photograph as it was an online purchase is the Origins GinZing Moisturizer. This is another brand I've heard countless good things about. I've already tested this product in store a few months ago but was unable to purchase it then and I just love the citrus scent and how it made me skin feel. I'm so excited about this product arriving. If you've read my previous wishlist posts this product is practically on all of them. So excited to start using it. 

So there we have it, those are all the products I've bought in the last two weeks. I know it's a lot and I'm not showing off in anyway. I love reading these types of posts and I know lots of other people do. These are items that have been on my list for a really long time now so I'm super happy to finally have them in my ever growing beauty collection. Make sure to hit that follow button to know when I post reviews on all these products! 

Have you bought any of these items or any other beauty items recently? 

Hugs and Kisses 

6 comments:

  1. You lucky girl, these are amazing products. I wasn't sure about the Naked 3 palette at first but I think it's so gorgeous now. Berry Smoothie is one of my favourite lip butters too :)

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the naked 3 palette is the most gorgeous palette!! I'm not to keen on the first one, the second one is okay! Ahh it's just the most beautiful colour and will look good on practically everyone! I love it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow you went for it then on this shopping spree! :) Nicely done!! You've got some gorgeous goodies!

    I've always wanted the Berry Smoothie Lip Butter, but I've not gotten round to trying it myself yet! And I agree that the Naked palettes are so pricey, but now I own one, I can see why - they're amazing, and last so well! I'd definitely buy myself another :)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you have got around to trying these products now! They are amazing aren't they?! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely need that Naked Palette! I've been putting it off since it came out but I think you may have just persuaded me to go for it. I always find myself doting over it and swatching it whenever I go into Debenhams haha :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was the same! Definitely purchase it, it's honestly amazing! ☺️ Xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign