Pages

Categories

7 February 2014

Review | Cosmetics A La Carte Marscara


Heya everybody! Hope you are all well and are having a lovely end to the week! Finally the weekend is here. I'm so excited for this weekend, I have my cousin's birthday shindig tomorrow night and then I'm going to see Taylor Swift on Monday! I cannot express how excited I am to see her. Anyway, enough about me. Let's get onto this post. 

Last month I decided that I would subscribe to the 'Love Me Beauty' box. I won't go into too much detail because I've already spoken about it HERE. Basically for £12.95 a month including p&p  you get 5 products delivered to your door. These range from sample sizes to full sizes which I think is amazing. You can probable already tell that one of the products I received in January's Love Me Beauty Box was this Cosmetics A La Carte Divine Lash Mascara.

Cosmetics A La Carte is a brand I had never previously heard off so I was extremely excited to try this mascara and I wasn't left disappointed. It is just incredible. Definitely one of the best mascaras I have ever used. Let's just talk about the packaging for a start. How amazing is this? I am a huge fan of the silver packaging. I think it's very YSLesque of the brand even though there is a significant difference in the colour of the packaging.

This came at just the right time because I had run out of my beloved Rimmel waterproof rocket volume mascara, so I was super excited to try this. Only thing that put my off is the fact it's not waterproof, but that didn't bother me at all. When I apply this it adds instant length to your lashes which I absolutely love. I also love the fact that it curls the lashes as well as add the length and volume to them. This is definitely due to the slim tapered and flexible brush that allows even the tiniest eyelashes to be given a coat. When I first applied it I did notice a few clumps and I felt my heart sink a little bit however the more you run the brush through your lashes these soon disappear. 

Having tested this out on more than one occasion I can say with full confidence that mascara lasts for such a long time without any need to reapply. It doesn't smudge at all throughout the day. It might smudge a little bit when you first apply it, but I consider that normal, however throughout the day no matter how warm it is it doesn't melt and just keeps that perfect curl that us girls all love. 

I do think, however, this is definitely more of a nighttime mascara then a day time mascara. The above photo (I apologize for the little bit of blurriness and horrendously bushy eyebrows) was taken after only one coat of mascara was applied to the top and bottom eyelashes. Amazing right?  

This mascara is retailed at £23.00 and considering this box is £12.95 including p&p I think that it was pretty incredible deal to receive this in a beauty box. If you have glossy boxes or any other form of beauty box I would suggest subscribing to this beauty box instead as it's just incredible. Head on over HERE to find out more about Love Me Beauty and head HERE to purchase the mascara which comes in a brown shade as well as your standard black (which is what I received). I absolutely love this mascara and I will definitely be trying more things from the brand as I think all their products sound and look amazing. 

Have you tried this mascara or anything by Cosmetics A La Carte before? 

Hugs and Kisses

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a good Black mascara that give a lot of volume. I love trying new mascara
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. good mascara:)) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign