16 December 2013

Review | Nivea Soothing Cleansing Mousse


Heya everyone! Hope you've all had a good weekend and are ready and refreshed for another week! Just 9 days to go until Christmasssss!! I'm so excited. Tonight I'm going to wrap up the Christmas presents that I have already bought instead of leaving everything until the last minute. I still have a few presents to buy this week and then I am officially done for another year! Can't wait to see the excitement on my family's faces when they open their presents. Anyway, enough about Christmas, let's move on to the review. 

When I was browsing Superdrug around a month ago I came across this cleanser. I was instantly intrigued as the cleanser I currently use is the Liz Earle Cleanser which I am absolutely in love with. I had never in my life or blogging career heard of a mousse cleanser so I popped it in my basket and hoped for the best. I must say I am thoroughly impressed. 

One of the main reasons I love this cleanser is because of the smell. It has a very clean and fresh scent to it. I compared this to my Liz Earle and a couple of other cleansers in my cabinet and they smell quite chemically which is off putting compared to this. This year I have also noticed that my skin has become quite dry and sensitive as well and as you can see from the photos above that is exactly what this cleanser is designed for. 

It is not harsh on my skin at all and doesn't dry it out or cause it to look or feel tight. This is down to the almond oil contained within the cleanser. Having said that when it comes to us beauty girls we like a cleanser to remove all traces of make up and  this definitely does a reasonable job however, it is not something I would rely on completely. I find that this cleanser makes your skin feel a lot more refreshed and smooths the skin which is perfect if you have any rough patches. Again this is down to the almond oil that is enriched within the cleanser. This is one of the key ingredients that helps combat rough and irritated skin. As this cleanser is from Nivea it also contains Hydra IQ. This is an active ingredient that naturally helps to hydrate the skin within as well as hydrate the surface of the skin. Definitely something I look for when cleansing my face. 

As you can see from the photos the cleanser comes with a pump. When I'm in the shower I use around one to two pumps of this on my face and finds it does a decent enough job. One pump is usually enough to remove any traces of make up and the second pump does a really good job and cleansing the face completely. 

Overall I am really impressed with this cleanser. It does everything I look for in a cleanser with quite a cheap price tag too. Definitely something I will keep on repurchasing. They also do a normal version of this cleanser to so you don't need to opt for the dry and sensitive skin bottle if you don't want to. 

If you are intrigued then head on over to the Superdrug website HERE where you will be able to purchase it for only £3.99. If that doesn't scream bargain to you I don't know what will. 

Have you already tried this cleanser? Do you use foaming cleansers? If so, leave a few recommendations in the comments below so I can check them out. 

Hugs and Kisses 


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I think I can always depend on Niva being simple, clean and fresh, they are such a good company you can pick up almost anything and know you will love it.

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! One of the few drugstore brands that always comes out with consistently good products!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love trying new skincare products so this will definitely be on my shopping list soon. Nivea is a fantastic brand and this product sounds really nice. Affordable as well.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I have tried a Nivea face product it always dried my skin out and stung my face but since trying this, I haven't had any problems. I might start and try more Nivea products but in the sensitive and see if it is just this product my skin likes.

    blogsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig