29 December 2013

2014 | New Year Bucket List


Now that Christmas is done and dusted all eyes turn to the next major event. The New Year. I cannot believe 2013 is almost over. It's honestly gone by so quickly. All in all I had a fairly fabulous year. A few major events that have stuck out to me include graduating university and having my cousin come down from Scotland who I never see and celebrating Christmas with my other cousin from Mauritius who I haven't seen in four years! I don't want to include any upsetting memories in this post so check back on New Years Eve where I will be doing a full 2013 recap which will include photos! 


Now we all use the cliched expression this time of year. 'New Year, New Start'. But that is exactly what it is. It gives all of us a chance to leave all negativity behind, start afresh with people we have perhaps hurt, start new jobs, new fitness regimes, new hobbies, a new lifestyle, whatever it is you want to do now is the time to say right 'this is it, no more putting it off, I will do it and I will succeed'. Below are some of the things I want to happen throughout 2014. I am not going to call them resolutions because I never ever stick to them, however I do want these things to happen to me during 2014 so let's get started! 

♥ Get A Job & Save Money
This is one of the main things on my list and is one of the areas of my life that is making me pretty unhappy at the moment. I graduated university back in July this year and I haven't been able to find a job since. I work at a tutor centre every Tuesday and Thursday and even though this gives me a little bit of money I still don't earn enough to save, or do the things I'd like to do. In  2014 I am hoping this will change and I will finally get a job that will allow me to gain new skills, become more independent and so I can do nice things for my friends and family. 

 Start Learning To Drive 
Now you'd think that at age 22 I would already be out on the roads causing havoc. But no. And this is mainly linked to getting a job. Learning to drive costs quite a lot of money. I spend most of my time on trains, buses or I just walk everywhere but I would like to drive so I can help my parents and just go and see friends and family who live in different parts of the UK. I am hoping to take my theory by the end of January and then we'll see how it goes from there. 

  Be More Positive
Probably the most important one on this list. If you follow me on twitter you will see that I take to twitter almost every day to rant and to moan about something. I can be a very negative person. I've had people tell me this and I see it myself but at the moment I'm not having the best time in my life so it's really hard to be super positive. However, I will be working on this. This year I created a memory jar and in it it is full of amazing memories from this year. On New Years Eve I will be emptying the jar and flick through all the memories. I found this quote on Google Images and it sums up my attitude for 2014. I hope it helps all of you too! 

 Drink More Water
Towards the end of this year I have been drinking so much water. Not only has it helped my mood but it makes me feel good on the inside and my skin looks and feels a lot more hydrated. There are two drinks I turn to when I am thirsty and they are Sprite and Irn Bru. Could I get more unhealthy? As nice as they are they are full of sugar and other nasties and are just no good. Having said that I am hardly ever thirsty and very often go a whole day without drinking. It's not at all good. I have also downloaded an app on my phone called Idrated. (Get it, Idrated, because it's downloaded on an iphone, get it?) It's a fantastic little app. Every time you have a drink, enter it on the app and your phone will buzz when you're next due for a drink.  I absolutely love it and it's something I will be constantly using in 2014. 

 Exercise More
This is something that is on everyone's list but something people rarely stick too. I however badly need to. I am not exactly the slimmest girl in the world and would really like to drop one or even two dress sizes by the end of the year as I hate how I feel and it constantly affects my mood. I will make sure to get up early, go for a run or to the gym, eat healthier and hopefully I will have achieved my goals. My motivation right now is sky high so I hope it continues to plummet. Healthy is my main goal. I will be introducing a little series on my blog to so you can all see how I'm progressing. Let me know if that's something you'd like to see. 

 Travel More & Meet New People 
2014 will hopefully be the year I not only get a job, but I go out and travel around the world a lot more as well. Travel has always fascinated and I've always loved going to see new places. Paris is first on my list followed by America and then Australia. They are three places that I am absolutely dying to see whilst I am still young. I also want to meet new people and make new friends and just start afresh. I just think it's something that needs to happen for me. 

So those are all the things I want to happen in 2014. I will do my best to make it as memorable and enjoyable as possible. I will share my most memorable moments in 2014 with you on my blog through Instagram diaries and weekly updates so do stay tuned for that. What is on your bucket list for 2014? Be sure to leave me a comment letting me know! 

Hugs and Kisses 

DISCLAIMER: ALL PHOTOS WERE FOUND ON GOOGLE IMAGES. I DO NOT TAKE THE CREDIT! 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These are great goals! I wish you the best of luck with them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely things to aim to do! :) x

    http://make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! :) I already follow your beautiful blog :) xx

      Delete
  3. Very good goals, and I hope you achieve them all! What did you leave uni with?
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely and I left with a second class honours degree! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hang on in there with the job hunt, I left uni and found myself in the same situation, it's depressing but when you find a job you appreciate it so much more. Have you tried emailing local businesses in the area you want to work in and asking to do some work experience? Even a couple of days helps improve your cv and gives you something to talk about at interviews x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this message. Yes I've emailed so many places saying that I wouldn't mind doing volunteering work or work experience and so far they can't do that or there's no room etc. So incredibly frustrating!

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig