18 October 2013

Review | Bourjois 'Happy Light' Foundation


Hello there everyone! Hope you're having a lovely Friday evening. Another week gone, another week closer to Christmas! Can you tell how excited I am? This year I have my cousin from Mauritius coming over to experience a cold winter as over there it's like a billion degrees in December so I cannot wait to have her here! Got so much planned for her visit! Ice skating, visiting the Harry Potter studios, going to see Les Miserables, going to see the Christmas lights, Winter Wonderland and of course shopping until we drop! She comes at the end of November and I just can't wait. But anyway enough rambling, let's get to the point of why I'm writing this post. 

If you read my Boots Haul post (click HERE) then you will know that a couple of weeks ago I spend a bit too much money on things I quite frankly do not need. One of things that fell into my basket was the Bourjois Happy Light Foundation which was a foundation that I had never seen before. Now if you read my blog regularly you know how much I love Bourjois foundations. I love the texture and the coverage it leaves. I love the more medium coverage and I find that Bourjois foundations do just the job. 

Firstly, I think the name of this collection is just so cute! 'Happy Light'...adorable right? I absolutely love the packaging of this product as well. It comes in a glass bottle and has a pump like all the other foundations in the Bourjois brand which is perfect when it comes to determining how much foundation you would like. But I also love the fact it is pink and girly. Us girls love a bit of pink and a cute name and this product just ticks all the boxes. 

'Happy Light' basically means that it is supposed to leave your skin healthier and more glowing which I find it absolutely does and doesn't have those added bits of sparkle or shimmer either. What a bonus! The shade I wear is shade 53 which I actually find is a just a tiny bit to dark but still blends into my skin nicely. I absolutely love applying this foundation as the texture is just so silky and smooth. It blends into the skin perfectly and leaves an absolutely beautiful finish. I used to blend this in with my fingers but then found it does go a little bit streaky but blends like a dream with my real techniques buffing brush. It leaves a beautiful radiant finish thanks to the translucent pigments and is really hydrating as well. I love the fact it evens out the skin tone and feels really weightless on the skin. 

There are a few negatives to the foundation. The shades are very different to other Bourjois foundations so it is very important to swatch it in store before you buy. Looking at the Boots website now, do not go by the swatches on there as they are a lot lighter to what you actually get in the store. I haven't been in Boots since I bought this foundation but the shades were very limited. If you have really light skin  then I reckon you will struggle a lot to be matched, the same if you have really dark skin. 

Other than the limited shades I absolutely love this foundation. It's not oily, blends perfectly and leaves a beautiful radiant finish. It looks absolutely incredible paired with the Bourjois Happy Light Primer (review HERE) and there are two versions of the primer so there's one to suit those of you who prefer the more dewy look as well as those of you who prefer the more matte look. The 'Happy Light' Foundation can be purchased from Boots for £7.99 which is super affordable and extremely worth it. 

Have you tried any products from the 'Happy Light' range? What are your views? 

Hugs and Kisses 


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Really need to try a Bourjois foundation at some stage!

    http://ameliarosel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great review! I use the healthy mix atm and it's great. Love the way you write! Xo

    Theglamaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The healthy mix is incredible!! :) thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. Hey, love your blog, and this post! I've nominated you for the Versatile blogger award... http://thebeauty-journals.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/versatile-blogger-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I have nominated you for sunshine award all the info about it is in my latest blog post xx

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu! I really appreciate it! xx

      Delete
  5. i need to try this :)
    Thank you!

    Please do check out my blog too <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig