12 September 2013

Review | The Body Shop BB Cream


Hello Everyone! So over the summer BB creams were in use a lot to replace foundation. Purely because it was way to hot to wear full on make up in almost 90 degree weather. Yes you saw that right, the UK actually did have a summer. It was absolutely scorching and pretty much unbearable at times! Amazing. But anyway enough about the weather. Today I thought I would talk to you about this little beauty that has been sitting in my make up collection in recent weeks and that is the Vitamin E Cool BB Cream. 

I am actually very late on the BB cream hype which is no surprise as I am always 10 steps behind everyone else. If you are late like me 'BB' actually stands for Beauty or Blemish Balm. I find they are a mixture of a primer, moisturiser and foundation all in one. So I can definitely understand the hype that surrounds them at the moment. 

One day around two months ago when I was out shopping I popped into The Body Shop and picked this up. I was a little bit worried about this product at first as it only comes in one shade which I found weird so I did my research and found out that it actually contains 8 different color pigments as well as mica minerals which makes it suitable for most skin tones. As you can see from the swatches above it actually looks like it would be too pale for me at first but it actually blends into my skin tone beautifully. 

The main thing I love about this product is that it provides perfect coverage. It adds a glow to my skin and evens the color out as well. It's also not as heavy as foundations. I have found though that the 'cooling' affect of the cream is very noticeable for the first 2-3 minutes after application however after that it feels very light on the skin to the point where you barely notice you have anything on your face. As if the coverage wasn't enough this product also moisturises your skin. I love this as it means you don't need to apply another cream before applying this product. The Vitamin E within the product means that your skin will stay protected all day long as well. One of the benefits of having an anti-oxident product.

I've actually been wearing this product a lot lately instead of foundation purely because I love the fact it feels so light. However, if you like the sound of this product it is also amazing under foundation and will provide you with more coverage if you prefer that. The BB cream comes in a 50ML tube and is priced at £10 which is quite pricey however I think it is worth it purely because it moisturises and protects your skin for up to twelve hours which is incredible. If you would like to check out this product click HERE. 50P from each purchase goes to Teenage Cancer Trust which is amazing so definitely pick this up next time you are in The Body Shop. 

Have you jumped on the BB Cream Bandwagon? Which ones are your favorite? If you have tried this BB Cream what are you views? Let me know in the comments below. 

Hugs and Kisses 



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Loving your blog! This sounds great, I love bb creams but tend to buy the korean ones!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go out of the box and buy a non korean one! :) you might be surprised :) thank you for the compliment too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! Do you put other peoples buttons on your blog, I was wondering whether you would put mine on yours and in return I'll put yours on mine? :)
    -Alicia
    xxx
    http://thebeauty-journals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Alice! Thank you so much! Erm, I wasn't but since you've asked I don't mind putting yours on my blog :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'll put yours up on mine in return :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!! I've tried the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream but I've never heard of this one. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it!

    www.chicandbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo's! I really really love the sound of this BB cream but it's just too dark for me :( it sounds perfect but they need to do a ghost shade for me haha xxx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will adapt to your skin tone! When you are in the body shop just test it out on the back of your hand :) I'm sure it will be fine! xx

      Delete
  5. Your photography is so pretty! I love it. :) I was so confused about the BB, CC and DD creams! I had to go educate myself on all of them haha. But i want to try the Clinique CC cream! Have you tried that one?
    xo
    Mia ♡ Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Sorry for the late reply! :) Nooo I haven't tried that one but I know Clinique is a fabulous brand so I bet its good :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig