Pages

Categories

16 August 2013

Review || YSL Perfume and Body Moisturizer Gift-Set


Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a good week so far. Today I thought I would talk to you about a product that I received a couple of months ago. Now if you have been following my blog from the beginning you would have noticed that I don't tend to talk about higher end brands. Part of the reason for this is because I believe the drugstore/highstreet/whatever you want to call them shops very often have perfectly good dupes for higher end brands, and another reason for this is because I am currently unemployed so can't really afford brands like MAC, Nars etc. I am hoping that when I get a job I'll be able to give the higher end brands a whirl so keep an eye out for them. 

YSL is a very popular brand among the beauty blogging/youtube community. Reviews of their lipsticks, eyeliners and mascaras are floating about everywhere. It's quite frustrating that I haven't yet tried any make up! But anyway before I get carried away let's get on with this review. I received this gift set as an early graduation present from my Aunt and I absolutely adore it. I am a huge fan of the perfume/moisturizer combination so I was over the moon when I received this. 

Firstly the perfume. Now as much as I love it, it is definitely not your everyday scent. It's more of a special occasion scent which contains hints of mandarin, carnation, jasmine, vanilla and very subtle hints of cinnamon as well. It is extremely overpowering when you first apply it however definitely dies down after about five minutes. The scent will stay with you all day or night depending on the event which I absolutely love as it means you don't have to keep topping up. One of the benefits of this very warm and spicy scent. This is definitely a scent where only spraying a tiny bit will go a long way. When I first bought it I sprayed a bit too much and almost passed out. When I say overpowering I mean overpowering. 

The moisturizer on the other hand, strong as it is, is definitely not as overpowering as the perfume. Again the scent is very similar to the perfume but not as spicy and strong. The moisturizer has quite a runny consistency but is extremely moisturizing and definitely hydrates the skin. It also leaves the skin looking very healthy as well. The main thing that I like about this moisturizer is that you don't even need to put perfume on. You can just apply this and be good to go. I've applied this and then gone out without applying perfume and have actually been complimented and had people asking what I'm applying as I smell really nice which is always good to hear. I would say this moisturizer is slightly more wearable on a day to day basis compared to the perfume however if you wear both of them together you will definitely smell absolutely gorgeous and will get a lot of compliments, particularly from the guys as it is quite a sensual scent. 

If there is one negative I will give for this product is that it is definitely not for everyone. Everyone can wear it obviously there's know stopping that but I think it's an older more sophisticated fragrance that would suit women over the age of 18, maybe even older. However if that's how you like to smell and you are younger you will absolutely love this. 

Have you ever tried this fragrance from YSL? Are there any other fragrances you would recommend? Let me know in the comments below! 

Hugs and Kisses

5 comments:

  1. Ooh this duo set looks so lovely! I hope it smells good too! I am following you via GFC and I would love it if you could do the same too. I love your blog, I'm so gladi found it!

    www.fl0ralkittens.blogspot.co.uk

    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does!! :) I've just followed you lovely :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi, i've nominated you for the Liebster award, I'd be great if you took part. All the details are over on my blog :)

    http://oliviarose470.blogspot.co.uk/

    love olivia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely!! I have already done this tag however I will be keeping your questions and will answer them in a separate post! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the post.. here i can suggest you to buy gifting perfumes online, clothing and more.. in affordable price....check it out in www.route2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign