4 August 2013

Review | Stay Matte Pressed Powder by Rimmel


Hello Everybody! Hope you've all had a good weekend. Today I thought I would tell you all about Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. I had seen a lot of positive reviews about this powder so I was looking forward to giving it a whirl. I particularly loved seeing dupe reviews where this powder was considered even better than some high end powders. Rimmel are definitely one of my favorite brands ever. I absolutely love their foundations, mascaras, lip glosses and concealers as well so when I spotted this I did not hesitate to pick it up. Even though I don't really like the packaging I could forgive that for how affordable this product is. 

Speaking of the packaging, let's start off there. First of all it is very fuss free and you are able to see the actual color of the product before you purchase it. I love this idea as sometimes when I go into a shop a lot of the swatch samples are empty which can get quite annoying, so to see the color before you buy is ideal. None of that struggling to get a compact open to see how it looks. However, unlike most compacts this product does not come with a mirror. Now this isn't ideal if you want to see if your make up needs a quick touch up before you go somewhere. Saying that most of us girls have got other compacts we carry around with mirrors in so again that can be forgiven. I also don't think that this is the perfect handbag product as I reckon it could crack quite easily. Negatives aside the powder itself is absolutely amazing. This is my third re-purchase so you can tell I like it quite a lot. I love the Rimmel Logo that is embedded within the powder as well. 

When it comes to powder I consider this very important as it is the one product that can keep all your make up in place and get rid of that shiny finish you might get once you apply your foundation or concealer. I wear the shade 'Silky Beige (005)' and it is just perfect for my skin tone. It blends into my skin amazingly well which is a bonus as some powders I've used in the past (Max Factor being one) is either too dark or too light. The texture of this product is very smooth and the finish left on your face is exactly as the name on the front of the packaging states, matte and quite soft. I love this product because the finish is just so flawless. You don't need to worry about it looking too heavy or too cakey on the face as this isn't the case at all. When it comes to applying this powder I find that the best brushes to use are the real techniques powder brush or the buffing brush, however I tend to use the buffing brush more for blending my foundation. I can't say that it does actually last for 5 hours as it states because I often touch it up throughout the day but it does leave an absolutely gorgeous finish as mentioned before. 

The price of this product nearly knocked me off my feet. £3.99 is absolutely incredible. You really cannot complain for what you get. I'm sure we all have compact mirrors for topping off and make up bags that can keep this safe so it doesn't crack. It really is the best drug store powder out there at the moment in my opinion. You can purchase it from Superdrug and if you are looking for any other color the other shades are Transparent, Peach Glow, Pink Blossom, Sandstorm and Warm Beige so you are bound to find one that matches your skin tone. 


Have you used this powder before? What is your take on it? Is it something that you would keep repurchasing? Are there any other drug store powders you would recommend me? Leave me a comment below. 

Hugs and Kisses 








SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Absolute love your blog, your layout and your writing style! This looks like such a pretty product - and so affordable too, must give it a try soon!

    Scarlett x
    scarlettlondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made my day! Thank you so so much! Yes definitely give it a whirl! You will not regret it! Probably the best purchase I've made in ages!:) xx

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing amazing things about this powder and I need to get my hands on it soon! It sounds amazing! Great post and photos honey! :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally the best drug store powder out there! I'd definitely purchase it if I were you :) aww thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. your blog is amazing! & i agree that the powder is one of the best drug store ones on the market- i use it everyday!
    if you have any spare time i would really appreciate if you popped over to my blog.
    thank you so much
    Disney
    xxx

    disneydesilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely!! I know right? I love this powder so much I don't even know if I will use anything else! :) Of course I'll check out your blog! :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig