Pages

Categories

20 August 2013

Best Of The Summer Reads


Hey Everyone! So as you can see this isn't a beauty related post as I've decided to mix up my blog and add lifestyle posts throughout it as well. If you are not interested in books or these kinds of posts then please feel free to exit this post right now. 

As the summer holiday season is almost coming to an end I thought I would share with you some of my favorite books of this summer so far. Everyone loves a good read when they are on holiday particularly if you have a long flight, or are spending the day at the beach. I've always been quite a big reader. I have 5 cupboards around my house that are just full of my books. I love nothing more than putting my laptop and iPad down , plugging in my iPod getting into a really good book and just escaping from reality for a couple of hours. There's no better remedy for forgetting about all your worries. This year I decided that I would read more books and now that my degree is complete I finally have the time for that. These are the books I have been enjoying this past year and I would highly recommend each and every one. I will write the synopsis that is at the back of the book below each title and what I think about it. 


The Single Girl's To Do List (Lindsey Kelk) 
An incredibly book that will inspire you so much if you have just been through a break up. Get out there and live. Everything happens for a reason. 
Rachael Summers loves a to-do list that includes boyfriend, flat, great job. What's not on the list however is being dumped. Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to Rachel Summers rescue with an entirely new kind of list. The single girl's to-do list. Rachael doesn't know it but it will take her on all kinds of wild adventures and get her into some romantic pickles too. The Single Girl's To Do List gives Rachael the perfect heartbreak cure and proves love is out there if you're willing to take a chance. 

I Heart London (Lindsey Kelk) 
I've just started this book and I'm loving it so far but will be taking it on holiday next week when I go. 
Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York-and it's starting to love her back. But when she's summoned home to England she is at risk of losing her shiny new life to rain, warm beer and bad memories. Talk about stepping back in time. There's Mark, the ex-boyfriend who she went to New York to get away from, Louisa her best friend with a terrifying new baby and there's her mum, still talking to her as though she's 15. Now there's a wedding in the offing - and everyone remembers how well Angela behaved at the last one. Can the arrival of boyfriend Alex and new best friend Jenny save her from a re-run of her old self? 


Girl In The Mirror/The Memory Maker (Cecelia Ahern) 
This book has two stories in one book at the moment I've only read Girl In The Mirror and love it.  
Lila knows how lucky she is to have found the man of her dreams. But when a secret from her family's past comes to light on her wedding day, her destiny changes in the most unexpected of ways. The memory maker is about never forgetting your first love. But what happens when those cherished memories start to fade? Some people would do anything to hold on to the past and for one heartbroken man, that means finding a way to relive those precious moments. 

Where Rainbows End (Cecelia Ahern)
One of my favorite books and if you are looking for an easy read definitely choose this book.
Since childhood Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But they're suddenly separated when Alex and his family move from Dublin to America. Their magical connection remains but can their friendship survive the years and miles? Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them apart - until now. But will they gamble everything, including their friendship - on true love? And what twists and surprises does fat have in store for them this time...? 


The Best Of Me (Nicholas Sparks) 
I haven't read this one yet and will be taking it on holiday with me. It's definitely my kind of story though. They were teenage sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks - with a passion that would change their lives forever. But life would force them apart. Years later the lines between past and present are about to slip...Called back to their hometown for the funeral of the mentor who gave them shelter when they needed it most, they are faced with each other one again. Can true love re-write the past? 

Safe Haven (Nicholas Sparks) 
If you liked the film. You will LOVE the book. 
When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet unassuming, Katie is determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to lower her guard, putting down roots in the close knit community. But even as Katie starts to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts her...


The Perks of Being A Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky) 
I love the book but personally wasn't a big fan of the film. I found it hard to get into. But the book is amazing. Charlie is a freshman and while he's not the biggest geek in the school he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his years yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it. Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory; the world of first dates and mixed tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs and The Rocky Horror Picture show, when all one requires is the perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But Charlie can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor. 

The Fault In Our Stars (John Green) 
This book is incredibly sad so if you choose to read it make sure to have a box of tissues next to you. It is absolutely amazing though. I love it. 
Despire the tumor shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final character inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten. 

Looking For Alaska (John Green) 
I've recently finished this book and it is incredible. Like with The Fault In Our Stars I needed a few tissues. 
Alaska Young. Gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, screwed up - and utterly fascinating. Miles Halter could not be more in love with her. But when tragedy strikes, Miles discovers the value and the pain of living and loving unconditionally. 

So those are my summer books. They are perfect for this season I think. Let me know in the comments if you have read any of this books. Have you read anything new this summer not on my list that you think I might enjoy? Let me know below and I will be sure to check them out. 

Hugs and Kisses




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign