Pages

Categories

29 July 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Lip Products

Left To Right
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey 
Model Co. Lip Gloss in Strip Tease
Rimmel Apocolips Lip Laquer in Nova 
Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss in Pop Your Pink 

Hello Everyone! I can't believe it's Monday and the start of yet another week. I know for some of you this will be your first week of the summer holidays so I hope you have got lots of fun activities planned! My time however will be spent job hunting. Since before graduating university it's been one job application after another! I am so glad I have my blog to keep me sane during this time so thank you to all of you who leave comments and tell me how much you like my blog and posts as it really keeps me motivated and makes me very happy. 

Anyway, current life story aside I thought I would do a little 'top 5' series on my blog as I personally love reading these blog posts and finding new products so I hope you will too. Today I thought I would take a break from job applications in order to let you know about my top 5 lip products at the moment. Lip glosses and lip butters have always been my must have items. Even when I was a lot younger I would buy a lip gloss mostly every single week as I just loved them so much. First of all this post is quite lengthy so please bear with me! Secondly, swatches will be provided at the end of this post. So without further or do my top five favorite lip products are: 

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie: If you have been reading my blog or follow my instagram then you will know how in love I am with the Revlon lip butters. I currently have eight lip butters at the moment and there are still a few colors out there I want to get. It's an addiction I tell you! Berry Smoothie is definitely my favorite at the moment. The color just goes with everything I wear and suits my skin tone so much. Berry Smoothie is a gorgeous dark reddish brown color. The lip butter is just so creamy and moisturizing and lasts all day sometimes with no need to top up at all and other times just one top up during the day does the trick. This is my go to item at the moment and it is a color that can suit every single skin tone so if you wish to check it out head to your local Boots or Superdrug or click HERE to purchase it for £7.99. 

Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' in Honey: Lip Crayons seem to be the in thing at the moment with every man and his dog owning or reviewing one and every company seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. Unfortunately for me there doesn't seem to be a lot of colors out there that would suit my skin tone. Thankfully this Revlon balm stain does. I absolutely love this lip crayon. It is very pigmented, goes on very smooth and smells absolutely gorgeous with a strong hint of mint. Think of the mint scented gel pens you use to get in school. Yes, this can  be quite off putting at first but you definitely grow to love it! At least I did anyway. I tend to apply one coat to my lips as this gives me just the right color I want however it's very buildable and changes color depending on how much you apply from a light pink to a mauve dark pink color. If you haven't already given this a whirl then again head down to Boots or Superdrug or click HERE to purchase it for £5.99. 

Model Co. Lip Gloss in Strip Tease: I never actually heard of this brand until one of my favorite magazines, Glamour decided to give away their products free with a copy of their magazine. I am so glad they did. This lip gloss is absolutely gorgeous. It is a lovely sheer nude color but contains traces of sparkle throughout which catches the light perfectly. The lip gloss itself is non sticky, easy to apply and stays put all day. As it is nude it is perfect for every day wear and would suit absolutely everyone. I love that the packaging has a mirror on the front which is great for use if you are topping up on the go.  In Glamour Magazine they claimed that the lip gloss was worth £16 which did shock me as I didn't expect it to be that much, however on the website it is priced at only £12. Still pricey but a much more reasonable price. If you are interested then click HERE to purchase it. 

Rimmel Apocalips in Nova: Now this is another hyped up product within the beauty community and rightly so too. These are absolutely amazing. These are described as a lip lacquer which basically says to me a creamy lipstick in lip gloss form. I am a huge fan of this product. I think for a high street product it is really classy. I love the name as play on words tend to excite me, I love the crystal type lid and I love that the packaging is black at the top but then shows the color of the product at the bottom. I also love the dip in the wand as you get enough color to apply onto you lips without having to keep on dipping it in to the tube. The color of this product is definitely not something I would normally go for as it is a very bright barbie pink, I am normally more of a nude to neutrals kind of girl. However I love it but I don't think it is for everyday wear, I tend to wear this for events and nights out as it is a perfect occasions product. If you are interested in this product then you can purchase it for £5.99 by clicking HERE

Rimmel 'Stay Glossy' in 'Pop Your Pink':  Along with the Revlon Lip Butter this lip gloss is probably my most worn at the moment. It is a lovely sheer bright pink color that just gives a touch of color on your lips. This lip gloss basically has all the features of the model co gloss other than the color. It is non sticky, easy to apply, and also stays put all day long. This gloss is not glossy but not over the top like some lip glosses and make your lips look absolutely amazing. The wand is very soft when you apply it and gives more of a defined application. If I had to say one negative thing about this product is that the color is quite misleading as I was expecting a really heavy bright pink color but instead it is quite sheer so if you prefer a brighter lip this may not be for you. It is perfect however, if you love sheer glosses which just a hint of color. If you are interested in this product you can purchase it HERE for only £6.29. 

Left To Right: Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey, Model Co. Lip Gloss in Strip Tease, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Nova and Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss in Pop Your Pink. 


As you can see from the swatches above the most pigmented are the Revlon berry smoothie lip butter, the Revlon honey balm stain and the nova Rimmel apocalips. You can also see how sheer the model co and stay glossy lip glosses are as well. I love these products as they can be super versatile, you can wear them on nights out or just during the day by just adjusting how much you apply of each product. They are just amazing products and other than the model co lip gloss I'll definitely be purchasing more shades in each of the other products I have mentioned? . 

Do you have any of these products? Which are your favorites? Are there any products here that you have been tempted by? Leave me your comments below and I will respond to every single one. 

Hugs and Kisses 


PS. I appreciate every single one of you who comment on my posts so thank you but please don't comment asking for a 'follow for follow'. I find this very rude and believe that if you truly liked my blog you would follow me anyway. If you leave your link I will definitely check out your blog and follow you but if you comment asking me to follow you back or saying 'follow me first and I follow you' I will ignore and delete your comment. 




9 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel Stay Glossies, they're amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the only one I've got but I will definitely check out the other shades they have :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've yet to purchase myself an Apocolips! I've been so indecisive as to which shade I want, that I've just ended up not buying one at all! (Maybe i should just buy one in every colour!!!). Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, Fleur! You lovely lady, you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh!! I thought I was the last person to purchase one haha!! Yeah the colors make it so difficult to choose cos they are so gorgeous! I just closed my eyes and picked one off the shelf haha! :) & you welcome lovely lady!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great post, I'm a total lip product junkie! aha
    I have the Revlon balm stain in honey and I love it! Its a great 'your lips but better' kind of colour :)
    I am also yet to purchase one of the Apocolips (shock horror!) but it is on my list for next time I pop to Boots!

    New follower xo

    http://theoliviajayne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with the 'your lips but better' comment!! :) Definitely make the apocalips number one on your beauty list! haha :) Aww thank you so much lovely I will check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
  4. Quick question, I'm setting up a blog but I don't like my layout!! :/
    I was wondering did you pay for yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer looks so pretty didn't realize that from just looking at the tube. Just found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign