21 June 2013

So Long, Farewell Google Reader, Hello Bloglovin'

BlogLovin' Image found on Google Images


Hello Everyone! So I thought I would do a different post today. As you may or may not have heard Google Reader will soon be disappearing. However a site called Bloglovin' will be taking it's place. 

Bloglovin' is a great way to follow your favorite blogs, group them into categories and also makes it a lot easier to keep up to date with your favorite bloggers. One of the main benefits of this website is that it allows you to mark what posts you have already read. This is a great way of making sure that you don't miss a post from your favorite bloggers.  

It is free to sign up. If you are not yet registered all you have to do is follow each of the stages that are listed below:

  1. Go to Bloglovin'
  2. Click Sign Up 
  3. Connect with your facebook or sign up using your email address 
  4. Import your own blog if you have one ('claim blog' button) 
  5. Import all the blogs you followed on google reader. To make it easier for you here is the link if you just wish to import all the blogs you currently follow: http://www.bloglovin.com/import/reader
  6. Once you have signed up to bloglovin' and have registered your own blog then you will be able to place a widget into your blog. To do this just go to layout and it should be fairly self explanatory.  
  7. Voila, you'll all set to go. 

One of the great things about having a bloglovin' account is that if you are also lucky enough to have an iphone then you will also be able to download the bloglovin' app which is free from the App Store. This means that you will be able to read blogs on the go to. It is a great little app. 

If you do already have bloglovin' and would like to follow me there then my link to do so is http://www.bloglovin.com/fleurdanielle21. As you know I recently past the 50 follower mark and did a post (click here to read) to thank you all. It means the world to me to know that people actually read my blog and I would appreciate if you could please take the time to follow me on bloglovin' as I'd hate to lose you all. 

I hope this post has helped you all and if you need more help with bloglovin' or are stuck on any of the stages above just comment below or send me a tweet (@__fleurdanielle) and I will be happy to answer any of your questions. Have a good day! 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I can't find the widget :( What was it called please? x


    www.opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go to bloglovin and then 'bloglovin button' choose the button you want and then copy the html code. Go to your blog...click on layout, click 'add a gadget' then go to the option that says 'html/javascript' once you have clicked on that paste the bloglovin button code and voila you're done! :) hope this helped!

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig