Pages

Categories

30 May 2013

Monthly Favorites | May







I cannot believe I am writing another 'Monthly Favorites' post! It seems like just yesterday I wrote the 'April Favorites' post! Where is this year going? 

This month I don't really have a lot of make up favorites. However I do have a lot of   skin care, perfumes and deodorants, lip & nail care products. I found at the beginning of this month that my skin had become very dry and rough in places and decided to purchase these skin care items in order to improve this. 

Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder 

After hearing reviews from my friends, seeing the hype on instagram and reading blog reviews I decided it was high time I went out and bought this product. Definitely the best decision I've ever made. Priced at just £4 this powder is definitely one of the best high street/drug store powders out there. One of the main reasons I love this product is that it definitely controls the amount of shine on my face and doesn't look too cakey once it is applied. The product does have one downfall for me though and that is that is doesn't come with a mirror. Saying that I'd still give this product a 10/10 as it just lives the nicest finish on my face and it also smells pretty good too. 

Charlie Pink & Shimmer Sprays 

These have been my absolute favorite sprays for literally years! I absolutely love the packaging, its such a quick and simple go-to product. I keep it in my handbag and trust me that when its a hot day, which is very unlikely in the UK, but CAN happen, its an absolute lifesaver. I love the 'Charlie' Spray range because they are so cheap and  good sizes and come in all different scents. I find that Charlie Pink smells a lot like vanilla with mixed fruits and Charlie Shimmer has got a tinge of orange and a blossomy scent to it. Both are very pretty and I think you can get 2 for £2 in Superdrug. That was the case when I got these two anyway but they are still very cheap and worth it. 

Pantene Pro-V Split End Serum 

When I buy a product normally it is because I have seen reviews and recommendations about it online. However this is one product I never really saw any reviews on. My hair is very long which means I get a lot of split ends. I've always been looking for a cure for that and then one day I spotted this item in Superdrug and decided to buy it. I am glad I did. I find it really makes the ends of my hair look very healthy and manages to tame my hair as well. If you have thick long and unmanageable hair I would definitely suggest this product.  

Cherry Carmex Lip Balm 

A lifesaver beyond words. I absolutely love this lip balm. I prefer it in the tube rather than the pot as I find it is easy to apply and you don't need to worry about dipping dirty fingers into a pot. I love the Cherry Carmex more than the normal one as I just find it more moisturizing and it smells delicious too! Definitely my favorite item to apply first thing in the morning and last thing at night too. 

Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Butter

Next to the Sugar Crush body butter from Soap and Glory this is definitely my favorite body butter to use. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and smells absolutely amazing too. Some of the ingredients include orange waterjuice, shea butter, peppermint oil and fruitliquid fig. Moisturising, delicious smell, excellent results. What more could you want from a product really? Definitely check this out if you haven't already. 

Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Nail Care 

I decided to purchase this a couple of weeks ago when I was wondering through Superdrug. The reason behind this purchase is because I tend to bite my nails all the time (horrible habit I know) so I decided to buy this to try and motivate me to stop biting my nails and so that they are able to grow faster.  I apply this every day to make sure my nails grow stronger and it is working! By the end of the first week I had noticed a difference as to how quickly my nails had grown. The good thing about this product is that it can be worn alone or with nail polish as well. I also make sure that I apply a new coat every day to make sure that I am getting the most out of this product. I love the fact it drys super quickly too. I'd definitely recommend this product if like me you are a nail biter or if you have weak nails and want to make them stronger. 

Wonderstruck Perfume by Taylor Swift 

Being the huge Taylor Swift fan that I am I was overjoyed when she finally decided to bring out her own perfume. The name of the perfume 'Enchanted' is named after one of her songs from her 'Speak Now' Album. The scent is very floral and girly. I find that there are strong hints of vanilla, raspberry and apply blossom scents which creates the most beautiful sweet smell. I also love the little charms that you get with the bottle, however make sure you don't carry this in your handbag as one of the charms are very sharp! If you are a Taylor Swift fan or just fancy a new girly sweet scent then I'd definitely recommend checking this perfume out. 

Soap & Glory 'Heel Genius' Foot Cream 

I have got possibly the worst feet in the world in terms of how dry they get. The heels especially get so much hard skin and dry up so easily and quickly that sometimes it is a nightmare. I actually bought this product a long time ago and then misplaced it and found it again at the end of last month. It is an incredible product. It smells absolutely amazing which cures the problem of smelly feet and leaves the feet very moisturized and prone to hard skin returning. I use this foot cream before I go to bed and put thin cotton socks over the top to make sure that the moisturizer locks in to my feet. I would say before bed is definitely the best time to put this moisturizer on. Definitely one of the best soap and glory products. 

Nivea 'Rich Nourishing' Body Moisturizer 

Nivea has been one product I have never been able to escape from. It is in every drugstore just staring you in the face and has always been in my house as my mum loves to use the facial creams which are absolutely amazing too. However I had never really used their body lotions before. I decided to purchase this a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. One of the main areas that drew me to purchase this product was the fact that it had 'Dry Skin' written on the front of the bottle. It improves the texture of the skin so that it doesn't appear too rough and also provides long lasting care to ensure that the skin doesn't dry out. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin and are having problems finding a proper moisturizer. 

Do you use any of these products? What do you think of them? What have been your favorite beauty items throughout May? 







4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Instagram, and I must say, it's fantastic. I love to read which products you love (I'm also loving the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth).
    If you get a chance, I'd love for you to check out mine as well.
    xo
    Kerri at HollyMuffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much! That actually means a lot :) Yes I will definitely check out your blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your reviews on each of these products. I've never tried Charlie shimmer but it sounds nice, I've tried Charlie pink and love it. I must purchase the soap and glory body butter – it looks so good!!

    Helen@
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try the charlie shimmer! I love all the charlie sprays though I think they are amazing and so quick and easy to. I love that the scent lasts most of the day too :) xx

      Delete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign