Pages

Categories

16 January 2013

2012 Favorites - Part One

Hi Everyone!


So I know that I said in my last post that I would do a video/post about what's in my handbag, but to be honest I don't really think that is something that you can really do a post on. I think that's probably more video material. So instead, I have decided to do a 2012 favorites blog post. This will come in two parts. 

Now these blog post won't just contain makeup/skin care essentials, it will also be containing other useful bits and pieces I have found to be quite useful, therefore I will be including them in this post.  If I can find any of these products online I will link them at the end so you can check them out. 


(Before I start: Please note that some of these products will have been already used which is why they are marked) 


First item that I discovered was Yankee Candles. Now if you follow me on twitter/instagram you'll know that I have a massive obsession with yankee candles and I do find it quite difficult to resist the temptation sometimes. However, I just could not resist anymore and decided to purchase a few little jars throughout the year. These are currently the scents that I have. 




These smell absolutely incredible either on their own, or you can burn more than one at the same time. I find that burning the 'Strawberry Buttercream' and the 'Cherries on Snow' candles the perfect combination. The smell is absolutely incredible. 

Other good things about these candles is the fact that you don't even have to burn them to fill a room up with scent. You can just take the jar top off and leave it like that. One of the main reasons why I prefer purchasing the jar candles instead of the tea lights, or tarts. Now as you all probably know yankee candles do not come cheap. I'm sure that I got these small jars for at least £7.99 each. But they are a decent size which is why I like them. 


The second item that I loved using during 2012 was the dry shampoo. Now I don't like washing my hair every single day because I find that my hair becomes way to soft and unmanageable. I love using Batiste Dry Shampoo in 'Seductive & Elegant Lace'. 




I love the smell of this. I used the cherry one previously but I the smell made me feel a little bit ill. I love the smell of this one as I find it is very girly. The shampoo does appear white when I spray it in, however I find it a lot better to use than the one that is supposed to be for brunettes. I use this the day after I wash my hair normally and sometimes when I don't have time to wash my hair. I find it produces very good results. So I would definitely recommend this. I've been using it for 2 years straight now and l love it. I think (but I could be wrong) that these are priced at either £2.49 or £3.49 but I'm not entirely sure. 

The next item that I loved using during 2012 was the vaseline tins. My 2 favorites during 2012 was the 'Rosy Lips' vaseline and the 'Pink Bubbly' vaseline which I think was introduced in September. 


I love using the 'Rosy Lips' one as I find that it smells amazing and also protects my lips really well. It also has a pink tint which I also really like. Both of these tins in fact have a tint of colour in them which is the reason why I like them so much. I don't like using the plain vaseline tins purely because I like there to be a little bit of colour on my lips. 

The next item on my 2012 Favorites list is the 'Secret Fantasy' perfume from Avon. I love this perfume. I've been through about 3 bottles in the last year which for perfume is a lot to go through. It became my go-to item throughout last year. I didn't really use anything else. The smell is very sweet, floral and very girly. It's a great smell. 


As you notice there is no top on it but that's only because I lost it. It actually comes with a top and also a little key charm which I actually also lost (oops). But the scent is delicious and that's really at that matters. 

Next item that was another one of my go to items during 2012 was the 'Green Room' Nail Varnish (201) from Topshop. This is the only nail polish that I actually have from topshop because I find that £5 per bottle is really expensive. But I loved the color of this one and had quite a bit of money at the time so I decided to buy it. It's such a gorgeous color. 




I love this nail polish as I find it doesn't chip easily. I find it looks better in winter than it does during spring/summer because its a quite a dark color. I also find its the perfect size. It's not to big. By this I mean its not a big enough size that you waste the bottle and its not small that you use it up quickly. It's a perfect size. Easy to put in your handbag if you want to touch up your nails on the go as well. 

Final item I will be talking about in this part is 'The Body Shop' Moisture Foundation. The one I use is Number 07. I love using this foundation as I find it moisturizes as well as blends in well with my skin tone to give that more natural look which I love. I don't like my face to look that over done so I find this absolutely perfect to use. 



I go through stages of using foundations and I came across this one in, I think it was June/July and now I don't think I'll use anything else. I think it smells really good too. It leaves my skin very soft which I think is perfect. I'm not sure of the price but if I find a link I'll post it at the end. 

In Part One Of My 2012 Favorites: 

NEXT POST: 2012 FAVORITES PART TWO 
Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign